PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to Will at RSI

MtnBiker
03-14-2014, 02:21 PM
Last week I received a strange request for my address from Will at RSI. I pinged back asking why. Will said he wanted to send me something. Well, yesterday I received an e-brake kit for my gen IV. He read that I need it on a thread. I thought that was a really cool gesture. Thank you Will!

John

Nixon's SRT
03-14-2014, 03:29 PM
Has he signed up as vendor here at the VOA?

XXX BLK
03-14-2014, 03:37 PM
Has he signed up as vendor here at the VOA?

Nixon's SRT, as of today not yet but they did request info.

FLATOUT
03-14-2014, 07:07 PM
Nice of Will to do that.

MtnBiker
03-14-2014, 08:30 PM
Not free. I am paying for it.

FLATOUT
03-14-2014, 08:32 PM

Ok cool, glad you got it, just wish he would resolve my issue. It's a simple matter. Edit I recieved it today.

commandomatt
03-15-2014, 07:42 AM

Let me try to understand this.

He sent you something that you did not ask for and then attached a charge to it ?

Interesting sales tactics.

MtnBiker
03-15-2014, 08:14 AM
He did not attach a charge. I told him I would pay.

Moderators, please delete this thread. My intention was simple. It was not to set Will up for bashing. I don't know Will, nor am I familiar with his reputation. I simply wanted to post he did so etching nice on my behalf. Thank you.

commandomatt
03-15-2014, 03:05 PM

OK, that makes more sense.

Nixon's SRT
03-15-2014, 03:55 PM
All viper owners need to steer clear of RSI products and services. They have ripped enough viper owners and vendors off. Owners have had cars there for over 2 years and still aren't complete with excuse after excuse.

I'm sure Will asked you to post this and now its back firing.

Viper owners, stick with vendors that have proven reputations in the viper world

slitherv10
03-15-2014, 04:11 PM

Moderators, please delete this thread. My intention was simple. It was not to set Will up for bashing. I don't know Will, nor am I familiar with his reputation. I simply wanted to post he did so etching nice on my behalf. Thank you.

Now by saying that in bold above that I noted, it gets even more confusing. Firstly, I have seen you on the Alley. The Alley has countless people arguing with him about their cars not getting done and parts not delivered and so on and so on. Not one, not two not three, but countless numbers of different threads with those problems.
What your telling me is you did not see or hear of any of those while you frequent that site, the VCA or the VOA here which has many questioning his past tactics.
Now your making yourself look bad.
I would just chalk it up as,,HUH,,What the hell is going on here. Did hell freeze over or, look up in the sky and wait for the flying pigs to go by.
Flatout does not get his part for months and months, and here Will is giving you a part as you say, from seeing as you needed one? He needs to take care of past problems before he gets to new ones. This guy just amazes me. He is like our Mayor Ford up here. Just can't seem to get things right yet people still believe in him and end up getting it as the rest did and then, he finds time to give a gift of love to someone who has not spent a dime?....lol..This is like a soap opera. Keep em Will. At the expense of others lives and financial hardships and the love of our cars, your at least entertaining the rest of us.
To the OP, just take the part and chalk it up as a miracle.

Late Apex
03-15-2014, 04:11 PM
I have seen this history too with owners. Reminds me of the old days with J. Hennessey.

FLATOUT
03-15-2014, 04:36 PM
I have seen this history too with owners. Reminds me of the old days with J. Hennessey.

Yeah it's weird I honestly think Will is a good person, I just think he gets overwhelmed and then it snowballs on him. I want to see him get things back together because he did put out some nice stuff. I'm happy MTNBKR got a nice thing from Will it just doesn't make sense to me as he knows I need this part, he said it was on the shelf, and said he would overnight it and refund my money. I told him no refund was necessary as I knew he was dealing with much bigger issues but I just wanted it to go out.

Recieved it today.

MtnBiker
03-15-2014, 11:17 PM
I'm sure Will asked you to post this and now its back firing.

You are sure? What makes you so sure? You are wrong. I don't know Will from Adam or you quite frankly. I simply posted about a strange and positive experience.

Now your making yourself look bad.

Not sure how this makes me look bad. Yes, I have seen (not always read) numerous posts on the Alley. In my experience in life there are always two sides to a story. I have no dog in this fight, and certainly have no reason to support Will except for my single experience. But, perhaps subconsciously, I was pulling for the under dog.

I have gotten to know Flatout, and I like him and trust him. I am disappointed on his behalf that he hasn't received what is owed him.

slitherv10
03-15-2014, 11:29 PM
You are sure? What makes you so sure? You are wrong. I don't know Will from Adam or you quite frankly. I simply posted about a strange and positive experience.

Not sure how this makes me look bad. Yes, I have seen (not always read) numerous posts on the Alley. In my experience in life there are always two sides to a story. I have no dog in this fight, and certainly have no reason to support Will except for my single experience. But, perhaps subconsciously, I was pulling for the under dog.

I have gotten to know Flatout, and I like him and trust him. I am disappointed on his behalf that he hasn't received what is owed him.

Hey I gotcha,

I am on your side. Its not your fault on what goes on behind closed doors over there.. You got a nice gesture from Will. As many negative things that Will has done in the past and people have posted, I truly believe that the positive things (be it small in nature) should also be told.
Your intentions are definitely in the good. Hopefully there will be more miracles from RSi in the future that will be told and some light through the tunnel of hope.

FLATOUT
03-16-2014, 08:15 AM
MtnBiker is a good guy, as he mentioned he's been over to the house on multiple occasions. I'm sure he was just posting a quick thank you to Will. And like I mentioned earlier Will seems like a good person he just makes some strange choices sometimes.

IndyRon
03-16-2014, 08:28 AM
MtnBiker is a good guy, as he mentioned he's been over to the house on multiple occasions. I'm sure he was just posting a quick thank you to Will. And like I mentioned earlier Will seems like a good person he just makes some strange choices sometimes.

Andy, do you know what the length was on the smooth tubes Will initially sent to you? I recently received the smooth tubes from him that I ordered around Christmas as well and wanted to be sure he sent the right length. Mine are 3.5"ID on one end, 3"ID on the other and 6" in length. I won't have my car back for a couple more days so I can't test fit them yet.

Nine Ball
03-16-2014, 10:09 AM
Well, this escalated quickly.

FLATOUT
03-16-2014, 11:56 AM
Andy, do you know what the length was on the smooth tubes Will initially sent to you? I recently received the smooth tubes from him that I ordered around Christmas as well and wanted to be sure he sent the right length. Mine are 3.5"ID on one end, 3"ID on the other and 6" in length. I won't have my car back for a couple more days so I can't test fit them yet.

Mine were accidentally cut a little short by the supplier (not RSI's fault). Mine were around 5 1/2 inches and they should be 6 inches in length. He mentioned to me that he had a set on the shelf that was 6 inches that he would ship out. I just haven't seen them yet.

v10CodeMonkey
03-19-2014, 11:16 PM
Last week I received a strange request for my address from Will at RSI. I pinged back asking why. Will said he wanted to send me something. Well, yesterday I received an e-brake kit for my gen IV. He read that I need it on a thread. I thought that was a really cool gesture. Thank you Will!

John

I'm curious what the e-brake kit is? Does this eliminate the issue JonB warned about (uneven wear on the inner pads)?

Shooter
03-19-2014, 11:56 PM
I'm curious what the e-brake kit is? Does this eliminate the issue JonB warned about (uneven wear on the inner pads)?

It's so that MtnBiker can run 18" wheels all the way around. Good for tire selection when tracking. It might also help with the pad wear that you are talking although I am not sure on that.

MtnBiker
03-20-2014, 11:04 AM
Shooter is right. I bought 18" wheels for the track and the rear e-brake has to be moved to the other side of the rotor so the 18" wheels fit. The kit contains an aluminum block (a sort of spacer) that accommodates the e-brake geometry so that it will fit on the other side of the rotor.

I don't think it helps with the wear problems on the pads, except to use the opportunity to swap the pads side to side.

FLATOUT
03-20-2014, 11:22 AM
I still need to install mine :( Been sitting in the box since Christmas. Did it on my gen 3 thought pretty easy install.

Shooter is right. I bought 18" wheels for the track and the rear e-brake has to be moved to the other side of the rotor so the 18" wheels fit. The kit contains an aluminum block (a sort of spacer) that accommodates the e-brake geometry so that it will fit on the other side of the rotor.

I don't think it helps with the wear problems on the pads, except to use the opportunity to swap the pads side to side.

MtnBiker
03-20-2014, 02:14 PM
Hmmm, you wanna do yours and mine ;)? Just don't put me in charge of anything!

FLATOUT
03-20-2014, 02:17 PM
Hmmm, you wanna do yours and mine ;)? Just don't put me in charge of anything!

LOL I don't mind but I won't be doing it for a couple of weeks. Doing an install on Shooters car this weekend (weather permitting), and then getting ready for the round up.

MtnBiker
03-20-2014, 03:58 PM
Kewl. My next DE is April 18. Would like to get it done before. Lemme know if that's possible.

By the way, Amen brother. I liked your post on the other thread!

Shooter
03-22-2014, 06:16 PM
Kewl. My next DE is April 18. Would like to get it done before. Lemme know if that's possible.

By the way, Amen brother. I liked your post on the other thread!

Sorry for the hijack:

What DE are you doing on the 18th?

MtnBiker
03-22-2014, 08:16 PM
No problem! I am doing the LSR PCA DE (my wife owned a Porsche and I stayed with the club).

Shooter
03-22-2014, 10:54 PM
No problem! I am doing the LSR PCA DE (my wife owned a Porsche and I stayed with the club).

Are they full?

MtnBiker
03-23-2014, 11:19 AM
I think they fill up at 200. They're at 172 right now. Looks like there's room.