PDA

View Full Version : Gen 4 ACR Suspension

ChargerMan426
04-11-2020, 08:20 PM
Does anyone have the stock specs/settings for a gen 4 ACR? The 1st owner had tracked my ACR and I believe adjusted things to fit whatever track he was on. I was just going to set the compression and rebound setting to the middle to give me a baseline but wanted to see if someone had the "as delivered" settings.

z20ateU
04-12-2020, 07:40 AM
Full soft then +1 click.
Compression and rebound.

SA Heat
04-12-2020, 07:48 AM
The stock rebound settings are awful, especially in the rear.

Back In Black
04-12-2020, 02:55 PM
Viper ACR Owner's Supplement attached. Some very good information in it.

ChargerMan426
04-12-2020, 06:17 PM
Viper ACR Owner's Supplement attached. Some very good information in it.

Thank you! I've come across this before I bought the car but completely forgot about it post buy.

ChargerMan426
04-12-2020, 06:43 PM
The stock rebound settings are awful, especially in the rear.

Do you have a suggestion for the street?

SA Heat
04-14-2020, 08:21 PM
Do you have a suggestion for the street?

I need to find my notes, but I believe I'm 7-8 clicks out front and rear on rebound and I left compression alone (stock). It's stiff, but much less bounce in the rear, especially on dips and sharp rises that tend to kick the rear up. The stock rebound settings are terrible for anything more than putting around.

ChargerMan426
04-15-2020, 05:48 AM
Yeah the highways around here aren’t the smoothest things in the world which is part of the reason I wanted to make some adjustments to help stabilize the car some over those bumps.

v10viperbox
04-22-2020, 04:38 PM
I would highly suggest that you have the alignment checked. If it is setup for track work with heavy camber you will EAT tires and if you are not tracking the car you will not see any of the benefit.

I find the factory bumpy track settings for suspension and alignment to be a good starting point for the street,

ChargerMan426
04-22-2020, 05:32 PM
I would highly suggest that you have the alignment checked. If it is setup for track work with heavy camber you will EAT tires and if you are not tracking the car you will not see any of the benefit.

I find the factory bumpy track settings for suspension and alignment to be a good starting point for the street,

Funny you should say that as the front has a noticeable amount of negative camber. I have the tools to do alignments, should prob check the book for the factor camber and check what my car has. I had time today to detail the brakes and suspension and it looks like the compression was the only thing messed with from what i could see. Now I don't have a good way to tell other than measuring the car to see if the spring have been messed with.

v10viperbox
04-22-2020, 07:52 PM
Funny you should say that as the front has a noticeable amount of negative camber. I have the tools to do alignments, should prob check the book for the factor camber and check what my car has. I had time today to detail the brakes and suspension and it looks like the compression was the only thing messed with from what i could see. Now I don't have a good way to tell other than measuring the car to see if the spring have been messed with.

You can run a lot of camber in these things. My street setting is -1.7 F -2.7 R. But my street tires age out long before I wear them out.

ChargerMan426
04-22-2020, 07:54 PM
You can run a lot of camber in these things. My street setting is -1.7 F -2.7 R. But my street tires age out long before I wear them out.

Wow that's a pretty big difference right to left. Is that how you requested it done or is the factory that different? My online book for alignments doesn't have vipers listed. Need to dig up the factory service manual and see if the specs are in there.

v10viperbox
04-22-2020, 09:17 PM
Wow that's a pretty big difference right to left. Is that how you requested it done or is the factory that different? My online book for alignments doesn't have vipers listed. Need to dig up the factory service manual and see if the specs are in there.

F (Front) R (Rear) But let me dig up my alignment sheet for some reason that seems reversed to me for the street tires.

ChargerMan426
04-22-2020, 10:23 PM
Oh duh. I saw L and R for some reason when I saw that the first time.

Back In Black
04-23-2020, 06:23 PM
-2.7 front, -1.7 rear I think he meant. Front would be more negative than the rear. I ran -2.7 front camber for a while on the street and it didn't take long to start wearing the inside edges of the tires badly.

FrgMstr
04-26-2020, 02:33 PM
Does anyone have the stock specs/settings for a gen 4 ACR? The 1st owner had tracked my ACR and I believe adjusted things to fit whatever track he was on. I was just going to set the compression and rebound setting to the middle to give me a baseline but wanted to see if someone had the "as delivered" settings.

For Gen V but application is carried over.

ChargerMan426
04-26-2020, 02:40 PM
WOW that is a A LOT of negative camber. But again its a race car on the street so not too shocking I guess. Just use to doing my older muscle cars and DDs where I'm shooting for between 0 and -.5.

FrgMstr
04-26-2020, 04:32 PM
WOW that is a A LOT of negative camber. But again its a race car on the street so not too shocking I guess. Just use to doing my older muscle cars and DDs where I'm shooting for between 0 and -.5.

I have been running ACR settings for twisty driving and track day events with MCS coilovers with very good results. When we do 1/2 mile or 1 mile events I set it to Base alignment. That ACR setting gets a bit twitchy above 160.

FrgMstr
05-12-2020, 05:38 PM
Going to bump this thread again to put this graphic on the server direct from Dodge on latest Gen V alignment specs that are much easier to read than what I put above. Enjoy.

ChargerMan426
05-12-2020, 05:39 PM
Have we ever confirmed that the Gen 4 and 5 set ups are the same? Would posting these here in the Gen 4 section be a pointless thing as the setup isn't meant for our suspension designs?