PDA

View Full Version : Help identify this please

Ohiotj
03-13-2014, 02:48 PM
This bag came with my 1993. I was going through my top today and have this left over. Does anyone know what it is for?

AaronFL
03-13-2014, 02:51 PM
Rear window bag.

C.J
03-13-2014, 02:55 PM
Just curious, have you ever removed your rear window?

Ohiotj
03-13-2014, 03:13 PM
Wow. I am pretty dumb. That makes really good sense. I never had the rear window in. I have only had it since last fall. Today was the first time I really looked at the top. It looks like everything was there. I didn't even know it came with a cockpit cover. Seems pretty cool. Thanks for the help.

Stretch
03-13-2014, 03:16 PM
Interesting.... did not know that. I always put my sport bar pad in that thing since I have to remove it to put my 3 piece top on.

JonB ~ PartsRack
03-13-2014, 03:20 PM
Wow. I am pretty dumb. That makes really good sense. I never had the rear window in. I have only had it since last fall. Today was the first time I really looked at the top. It looks like everything was there. I didn't even know it came with a cockpit cover. Seems pretty cool. Thanks for the help.

If you 'never had the rear window in' I am curious where you had it? Obviously NOT in its rear Window bag!?!

Your cockpit cover is actually called a "Tonneau Cover" and can zip in fully or half, to cover just the Passenger side while driving!

Ohiotj
03-13-2014, 08:44 PM
Listen here John B. tonneau covers go on trucks...
When I bought the car it had all the bags , soft top, tonneau cover, rear window, side curtains, and some documents in the trunk. That's how I drove it home and when I got home it all went into the basement. When I opened them today everything looked like they would back in 1993. I was happy about that.
Also read in my owners Manuel that we are not getting in my car right. The seatbelt should not be unlatched. Who knew.
I was in touch with the first owner of 21 years and he sent to me a lot of his old papers and such. It included the window sticker, a few brochures, some paper clippings about carol, and some other info about a battery recall. Also it had the invitations for the first two voi. They were a pretty penny to go to. I will post pics of them a little later.