PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a GEN 4 ACR, Had a ISSUE!

Derek Short
03-12-2014, 03:01 PM
Im currently in the market for a Gen 4 ACR.

Found one i like but it seems to have some issues....
Went and looked at it today. I liked it but the owner wants to much for it and is not willing to work with me on the price...

Here is the issue. besides it needing 4 new tires, And having a issue with the drive side window auto roll down. He then mention he thinks it might be due to spilled coffee?

The TPMS Tire Pressure Monitor Sensor light is on. He said it has been taken to dodge and they messed with it for a week. Put all new sensors in the wheels still having the issue. Also he said they tired to over inflate them and still no luck. Light just stays on... I asked him could it be the computer then maybe? he said that chrysler said its not. or the dealership he went to anyways.

I wanted to see if anyone on here as ever experienced this before?
I currently have a Gen 3 and have never had a issue with my TPMS.

Some history on the Gen 4 ACR car im looking at....
He has only had it a year. Purchased it and it did not have no issue with the light. He has taken it to a few track days and ran it. The guy who owned it before him was a surgeon and had 3 vipers. All of which he traded in and thats how he acquired it threw a dealership.

Any help would be appreciated.

FLATOUT
03-12-2014, 03:07 PM
Dodge TPMS sensors are junk unfortunately. It wouldn't surpise me at all for them to install a brand new one and have it not work. I just replaced one that went dead even thought the tire pressure was fine.

I wouldn't let that keep you from buying the car. As for the rest of your concerns including the price we would need more details on the car to help you out. Year, Mileage, Color, and Price.

Good luck getting him to come down much, the Gen IV ACR's have been holding their value pretty well considering how much presence and performance you get for the platform.

Lawrenzo
03-12-2014, 03:08 PM
My 2008 had numerous issues with the TPMS- it took 4 trips to the dealership to finally straighten it out. The window issue- well that's the stuff of legends now isn't it.

ACRucrazy
03-12-2014, 03:10 PM
There is a black and red on ebay right now for $69k. Seems very reasonable if its clean. Drive the hell out of it for that price.

bluesrt
03-12-2014, 03:18 PM
the tpms modual behind the center stack bezel may be bad if the sensors test good, I have replaced a few

Late Apex
03-12-2014, 03:20 PM
Derek, PM me if you are seriously interested in a pristine 2009 ACR hardcore with 2300 miles.

Leslie
03-12-2014, 03:23 PM
My check engine light was on too "low tire pressure".

I agree, don't let those things stop you, just make sure it's. A fair price based on all that.

I would check out the ebay one too!

Bj motors had one also.

FLATOUT
03-12-2014, 03:38 PM
Never mind, take a look at the red and black one. Also look at BJ motors as others have said I know Bernie has some great cars over there right now.

Andy

Derek Short
03-12-2014, 05:19 PM
Thanks everyone for the feedback.
Here is a link to the ad...

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=91945&endYear=2010&keywordPhrases=acr&modelCode1=VIPER&showcaseOwnerId=1236880&startYear=2008&makeCode1=DODGE&searchRadius=0&mmt=[DODGE[VIPER[]][]]&listingId=366424557&listingIndex=7&Log=0

On a side note knowing those issues with the car, mostly needing 4 tires is what concerns me, what would you say would be a fair price for both parties. both seller and buyer?

Derek Short
03-12-2014, 05:24 PM
I have seen a few black ACR's with red stripes. The one thats listed for 69k has like 22k miles. A bit high for my liking and not my preferred color.
IM one of those guys thats weird and likes to go for a more low mileage car.

GT Venum
03-12-2014, 07:12 PM
If hadn't just purchased an ACR I would call Bernie and purchase this ACR. I would say it is the best deal out right now. Low miles and all.

http://www.bjmotors.biz/2008-dodge-viper-acr-very-viper-red-black-for-sale-0908.html

Derek Short
03-12-2014, 07:40 PM
If hadn't just purchased an ACR I would call Bernie and purchase this ACR. I would say it is the best deal out right now. Low miles and all.

http://www.bjmotors.biz/2008-dodge-viper-acr-very-viper-red-black-for-sale-0908.html

ive been checking the viper forums and cars.com as well as autotrader. havn't seen that one yet... its clean, low mileage and pretty much exactly what im looking for minus the color... even tossed the idea around about buying one and having it repainted to the color scheme i want. But then im looking at probably another 5k. and not the original paint which im big on.

FLATOUT
03-12-2014, 08:04 PM
If you're interested in this one I can certainly take a look at it for you. I drive by Bernie's everyday on the way to work.

ive been checking the viper forums and cars.com as well as autotrader. havn't seen that one yet... its clean, low mileage and pretty much exactly what im looking for minus the color... even tossed the idea around about buying one and having it repainted to the color scheme i want. But then im looking at probably another 5k. and not the original paint which im big on.

IndyRon
03-12-2014, 08:05 PM
Thanks everyone for the feedback.
Here is a link to the ad...

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=91945&endYear=2010&keywordPhrases=acr&modelCode1=VIPER&showcaseOwnerId=1236880&startYear=2008&makeCode1=DODGE&searchRadius=0&mmt=[DODGE[VIPER[]][]]&listingId=366424557&listingIndex=7&Log=0

On a side note knowing those issues with the car, mostly needing 4 tires is what concerns me, what would you say would be a fair price for both parties. both seller and buyer?

With the issues you stated and needing 4 new sport cups or equivalent, I wouldn't pay a penny over $72k honestly. TPMS isn't really an issue, just an annoyance when you start the car and see it blinking. The bigger issue is the window and regulator. Colors are subjective but to me, I'd pay another $10k over the 72k just to get a SSG car or another of the more in demand colors but if you really like that color, thats cool too. Like mentioned above, there are better deals out there if the owner won't negotiate and you can wait a bit and shop around. The only thing working against you now is the time of year. Buying in November probably saves you $4-5k on a car like this.

Here is one other listed. Probably could get it for around $73-75k.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Viper-ACR-2009-Dodge-Viper-SRT10-ACR-RARE-STRIPE-DELETE-9k-Mi-LIKE-NEW-RED-WE-FINANCE-TX-/111298828930?forcerrptr=true&hash=item19e9ed5a82&item=111298828930&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

If you would also consider a standard coupe, this one looks pretty sweet and would save you some coin over an ACR.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Viper-SRT10-Dodge-Viper-srt10-best-looking-Caroll-Shelby-/191095755461?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2c7e31d2c5&item=191095755461&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

GT Venum
03-12-2014, 08:45 PM
What colors are you looking for?

Derek Short
03-12-2014, 08:58 PM
^^^^
white with black center and red stripe, or charcoal with black center and red stripe, thats pretty much it. those are my 2 main choices. trying to convince myself with going with something different but i know if i do ill be kicking myself later for not getting the one i really want.

GT Venum
03-12-2014, 09:05 PM
I looked for the white and black for a while with no luck. There are not many out there and they are selling for a premium.

The charcoal has a few more produced but the low mileage ones are tough to find. I am glad I purchased mine when I did.

Derek Short
03-12-2014, 09:08 PM
With the issues you stated and needing 4 new sport cups or equivalent, I wouldn't pay a penny over $72k honestly. TPMS isn't really an issue, just an annoyance when you start the car and see it blinking. The bigger issue is the window and regulator. Colors are subjective but to me, I'd pay another $10k over the 72k just to get a SSG car or another of the more in demand colors but if you really like that color, thats cool too. Like mentioned above, there are better deals out there if the owner won't negotiate and you can wait a bit and shop around. The only thing working against you now is the time of year. Buying in November probably saves you $4-5k on a car like this.

If thats the case i offered him wayyyy more than a fair price and he threw it back at me like a slap in his face. Saying he doesn't need to sell the car and wouldn't accept my offer of 1500 less than his lowest he was willing to go because it needed tires. Not to mention the other issues and other small things with the car. But his loss. Thinking he is going to get xlnt value for his car thats in fair condition. Very disappointing... I was really looking forward to it.

Derek Short
03-12-2014, 09:10 PM
I looked for the white and black for a while with no luck. There are not many out there and they are selling for a premium.

The charcoal has a few more produced but the low mileage ones are tough to find. I am glad I purchased mine when I did.

Yea i am so jealous! only 1k miles! geez!
Don't think ill have that kinda luck but would love to find one with around 5k miles or less. even 10k at most.

GT Venum
03-12-2014, 09:20 PM
If I remember correctly there are only about 25-30 of each color built.

Keep looking one will pop-up sooner or later.

I would check with John at Roanoke to see if he knows of any.

Derek Short
03-12-2014, 09:25 PM
If I remember correctly there are only about 25-30 of each color built.

Keep looking one will pop-up sooner or later.

I would check with John at Roanoke to see if he knows of any.

thanks. will do. Also not looking for a hardcore edition.

IndyRon
03-12-2014, 09:50 PM
^^^^
white with black center and red stripe, or charcoal with black center and red stripe, thats pretty much it. those are my 2 main choices. trying to convince myself with going with something different but i know if i do ill be kicking myself later for not getting the one i really want.

I would pay $80k for a low mileage in this color...love it. This and SSG are the 2 colors to have IMHO.
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c280/rpinieck/ACR1_zps70e2c79e.jpg (http://s29.photobucket.com/user/rpinieck/media/ACR1_zps70e2c79e.jpg.html)

This one is also beautiful.
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c280/rpinieck/RQ_800_zps4f0cc5a1.jpg (http://s29.photobucket.com/user/rpinieck/media/RQ_800_zps4f0cc5a1.jpg.html)

Derek Short
03-12-2014, 10:07 PM
The SSG is a sweet looking ride. But im just not a green color car kinda guy. would much rather have a charcoal or white

Thanks again everyone for the feedback.
On a side note if anyone runs across a Gen 4 ACR in either Charcoal or White please post up or shoot me a PM. It would be much appreciated.

GT Venum
03-13-2014, 05:40 AM
I would pay $80k for a low mileage in this color...love it. This and SSG are the 2 colors to have IMHO.
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c280/rpinieck/ACR1_zps70e2c79e.jpg (http://s29.photobucket.com/user/rpinieck/media/ACR1_zps70e2c79e.jpg.html)

This one is also beautiful.
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c280/rpinieck/RQ_800_zps4f0cc5a1.jpg (http://s29.photobucket.com/user/rpinieck/media/RQ_800_zps4f0cc5a1.jpg.html)

I don't think you will find a low mileage ACR in these colors under the mid $80's unless the car has stories. The ACR's have been holding their value now for a couple of years.

I shopped all last summer for mine and the low miles one are getting tougher to find...

FLATOUT
03-13-2014, 06:18 AM
Yes the ACR's are doing well, they are a really special platform.

Bill Pemberton
03-13-2014, 02:08 PM
Check your PMs

GT Venum
03-15-2014, 08:06 AM
So did Bill find you a car?

ACRucrazy
03-15-2014, 11:11 AM
A local just bought a red and black 08 for 60k from a divorce sale.
Crazy, but deals can be found.

Derek Short
03-15-2014, 02:38 PM
So did Bill find you a car?

Not yet. But he has me on a list if anything comes up.

Derek Short
03-15-2014, 02:39 PM
A local just bought a red and black 08 for 60k from a divorce sale.
Crazy, but deals can be found.

Wow! That is a deal. Was it higher mileage? Sounds like a deal tho either way.

ACRucrazy
03-15-2014, 03:54 PM
Wow! That is a deal. Was it higher mileage? Sounds like a deal tho either way.

11 miles, very good deal.

GT Venum
03-15-2014, 04:18 PM
WOW that was a great deal...

Derek Short
03-15-2014, 06:45 PM
11miles? Or 11k?

dadstoy
03-16-2014, 11:14 AM
check Gladstone Dodge in KC. they had a 2008 ACR for 69K

http://www.gladstonedodgekansascity.com/used/Dodge/2008-Dodge-Viper-557380cc0a0a000225889ff0d2d6903e.htm

Derek Short
03-16-2014, 11:22 PM
^^^

thanks i did see that. mileage is a bit high for my liking.

Dusty1
03-17-2014, 09:45 AM
I find it strange when someone has 20k miles on a car and its thought high mileage. If a car is lets say a 2008 and has 3-4k miles its just sat. I guess it depends on if that is what you are buying the car for. If its to sit in the garage I see that is being important. Gee these cars are made to track, 20k mostly highway miles on these cars are nothing. Now 10k mostly track miles are another thing, but given these cars fluids are changed and the tires and brakes are changed regularly these cars are built to take it. ACR's in particular are not great street cars in my opinion due to the 1k springs but they are track monsters. The performance envelope is so large its not really meant to be explored on the street. If you want one of these I hope you plan on tracking it. If it has just sat you don't really know what you are getting. Probably better to get a car you know performs well for what you what it to do.

Just my rant for the record, must be Monday!

Richard

commandomatt
03-17-2014, 10:30 AM
^^^

thanks i did see that. mileage is a bit high for my liking.

Derek,

Ignore the mileage remarks you get. Its getting so old with these relentless comments about how you have to drive the car to enjoy it and how high mileage machines are no problem etc.

I agree with you and when spending as much money as you will on this purchase, hold out for what you want (or close to it if the color turns out to be impossible to find). There are plenty of low mileage ACR's and the right one will surface for you

Also the idea of having to track an ACR in order to enjoy it is BS. The fact that you can own one of the last street legal 'race cars' built, is pretty amazing to me. My ACR will probably never see a track but that doesn't mean I wont get a kick out of driving it. If I wanted to be comfortable, I wouldn't drive a Viper anyway. Plenty of nice sport cars that will offer comfort plus performance if that's important.

I know everyone thinks they are Schumacher while tracking their cars but there is not questing that track miles are hard on a car. You will rarely know the driving skills of the seller and he or she may have really put a hurting on the equipment while tracking their car

Owning an ACR to me is about road presence, exclusivity and driving the last of a breed. I don't need to beat it up on a track to enjoy it.

Good lucking finding your ACR

Leslie
03-17-2014, 11:31 AM
If you know which color/mileage you want and don't mind paying more for it, hold out.

I think it's kewl to be able to buy a track ready Viper from the factory! I tracked my GenII and plan on tracking my ACR. Car shows/cruising or track, it works!

It amazes me how strong these cars are, I think my last Viper was very well taken care of and never considered tracking it as beating it up.

Derek Short
03-18-2014, 12:47 AM
Thanks for all the great feedback everyone.

As for the high mileage thing. Me personally i'd rather spend another 5-10k and get a real low mileage ACR vs spending 5-10k less and going with something higher mileage thats a bit more beat up and dirty. Im a bit of a perfectionist and keep my cars as such. I only drive 3k ish miles a year on my viper and i know when going to re-sale it someday the vipers with higher mileage will almost always get over looked just due to being higher mileage. Not to mention if you try and trade it in the dealer will either be like nah we don't want it. Or they will low ball you like crazy.

Thanks again for all the feedback and still really need to sell my current viper before moving onto a new one. garage space is limited. But if the right one pops up i will make it work.

FLATOUT
03-18-2014, 06:06 AM
The car makes the resale many times. I don't mind a 20-30k Viper if I know the ownership history or got to watch it grow and transform here on the forums. ACR's are way more fun on track, but they are also incredibly entertaining on the street.

And every car and build is different I've see some street only cars with 5k miles that looked like hell, and seen some 20k track cars that looked incredible. That's not usually the case but everyone is different.

We know the power and drive trains are reliable to over 100k thanks to the trucks out there using them as daily drivers. But good low mile cars are out there as well.

Derek Short
03-18-2014, 01:53 PM
^^^

True, it just really depends how the owners took care of the car.

Derek Short
03-21-2014, 11:13 PM
Well having a few more questions about the ACR...

Between the years of 08-10 that the Gen 4 ACR was made what did they change on it over those years? I do know that the 10' having a different final drive ratio in the transmission if I remember correctly? If someone can confirm that would be great. But now what about the 08's and 09's? they both the same? Nothing changed?

tattooed
03-22-2014, 12:17 AM
FYI, for that eBay/Gladstone Viper ACR black w/ red stripe, I know the car and owner. It's in outstanding condition in and out. Guy who traded it in is very well known and respected in Viper community. :)

Uncle Paul
03-22-2014, 12:51 AM
08 was first year.
09 had computer enhancements that improved throttle response.
10 was all that and a bag of chips, with better 5th and 6th gears for longer road course (ring and laguna) times. Also better for all around driving.

Your color choices are right on. The colors are what Dan and Lance (two privious SoCal Club Presidents) choose for their personal rides. Each looks great on track and off.

You might want to talk to Lance. He has his ACR upgraded to the new 10 gear ratios at Cragin's shop. Think he really likes the new gears. Dan has so much power in his, that the gears don't matter all that much : >)

Think they also enhanced the rear wing in the 2010. Less drag, and better downforce in the corners.

Derek Short
03-22-2014, 01:14 AM
Thanks for that info Paul. That's exactly the kind of info I am looking for.

IndyRon
03-22-2014, 07:14 AM
Different 5th and 6th gear ratios, not quite as steep as '08 and '09. '10 as mentioned above had different wing endplates that decreased drag, not sure if they increased downforce. They also look a little cooler with the scallops on the sides.

BlknBlu
03-22-2014, 07:20 AM
The 09's had a bit a of a frame change for govt. mandates making it a bit heavier and the DBW was also changed for a bit better throttle response.

Bruce

Steve M
03-22-2014, 08:36 AM
To clarify: the 2010 gear ratio change was 5th gear only (0.80 vs. 0.75 for the 2008-2009 cars). 6th gear remained the same at 0.50.

The TR-6060 uses a separate 5th and 6th gear unlike the T-56 that used a cluster, so you can change one or both gear ratios to suit your needs.

johniew398
03-22-2014, 09:12 AM
I wouldn't worry about the window roll down problem on any Gen IV. I had to replace the passenger side on my ACR, had the dealer do it.

Derek Short
03-22-2014, 11:49 AM
The 09's had a bit a of a frame change for govt. mandates making it a bit heavier and the DBW was also changed for a bit better throttle response.

Bruce

Im looking at a 08' not to worried about the transmission final drive ratio as ill likely change out to 3:55. But was curious about what it would take or how hard it would be to have the 08' brought up to spec. with the DBW for better throttle response as you mentioned.

Uncle Paul
03-22-2014, 02:07 PM
Derek.

You might find little need to change up the rear gear as the new Gen IV engine likes the long pull the stock rear end provides. It makes significantly more hp up high, and traction might be an issue. It seems that the 3:33 gear works out the best by giving a bit more pull down low where the Gen V can use the help, but still allows you to remain in the higher power band long enough to take advantage of the pull.

I had a 3:55 in my 03, and that worked out great, however you find it a bit much for the 600 hp Gen IV. (on the other hand, some find "too much" to be just right. If you are going to Richard's run on the 29th, maybe you can take my 09 (stock gearing) for a spin and see what you think.

The throttle response is a different story, and do not know how that can be made better in the 08. Maybe check with Dan Cragin to see if they can reflash your computer. Some of the 08's were worse than others in this respect.

I will also send you a PM to let you know where their may be a white/black band/red stripe available in the near future.

Sorry to miss you at the Autocross. Heard you did great. I was with Ron at the Viper Vs. Viper fighter jet drag race in Phoenix. SRT kicked the jet's butt.

Derek Short
03-22-2014, 02:22 PM
Thanks Paul,
Much appreciated on the info. I took that 09' ACR for a test drive the one I was looking at that needed new tires and it was all stock. Not sure if it had to do with the tires being worn but in 1st gear anything over aprox. 4500rpm the rear wheels would break loose like you wouldn't believe.
Now going back to my 1st viper which was a 96' gts with a supercharger putting down 622rwhp with fairly new Michelin super sports it would just grab and go.
So kind of thinking it may have been the tires. Or if thats just the case with the big 600hp gen 4's torque and all I may have to learn to do a bit of short shifting in 1st gear... Dunno...?

BlknBlu
03-22-2014, 02:25 PM
If it was cold out, they get absolutely no traction even at 60 degrees it is a handful. On the Sport cups that is.

Bruce

Steve M
03-22-2014, 03:40 PM
Im looking at a 08' not to worried about the transmission final drive ratio as ill likely change out to 3:55. But was curious about what it would take or how hard it would be to have the 08' brought up to spec. with the DBW for better throttle response as you mentioned.

Mopar PCM.

Derek Short
03-22-2014, 09:06 PM
If it was cold out, they get absolutely no traction even at 60 degrees it is a handful. On the Sport cups that is.

Bruce

It had ps2 in worn out condition. Temp outside was in the low-mid 70's tires were probably not warmed up yet either but still....

DreadLox
03-23-2014, 07:36 AM

Bruce

Exactly what he said. Those tires turn to cement at colder temps.... And I only read the first page of this thread but Derek... Dude do not go with a "second best" color. If you have two colors you love hold out until you find them, I almost talked myself into going with another color because I couldn't find my SSG ACR anywhere! Thankfully my lovely wife told me to hold out and not go with second or third best because I would most likely regret it down the road. Boy am I glad I did ( I knew I married her for a reason haha ;) )
The guys, and gals, on here are practically your best friends, hopefully we can help you find something you LOVE in the color that you LOVE. Hold out for the best man!
Good luck :)

Torquemonster06
03-23-2014, 12:29 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^this all the way^^^^^^^^^

Derek Short
03-23-2014, 12:48 PM
Exactly what he said. Those tires turn to cement at colder temps.... And I only read the first page of this thread but Derek... Dude do not go with a "second best" color. If you have two colors you love hold out until you find them, I almost talked myself into going with another color because I couldn't find my SSG ACR anywhere! Thankfully my lovely wife told me to hold out and not go with second or third best because I would most likely regret it down the road. Boy am I glad I did ( I knew I married her for a reason haha ;) )
The guys, and gals, on here are practically your best friends, hopefully we can help you find something you LOVE in the color that you LOVE. Hold out for the best man!
Good luck :)

Thanks DreadLox. I greatly appreciate that. This is the 2nd time ive heard someone say just hold out and wait for what you really want. I have even contemplated buying a 2nd or 3rd choice and then having it painted to the color scheme I want. The hard part for me will be when my current viper sells ill be viperless til that ACR im looking for pops up and who knows how long that will be. Kinda frustrating...

Thanks again for your input. Greatly appreciated.

Torquemonster06
03-23-2014, 02:37 PM
Its true what they say: "Good Things Come To Those Who Wait." Trust me on this.

DreadLox
03-24-2014, 12:31 PM
I am keeping my eyes peeled. This is bringing back memories of my search for mine, and I couldn't find it anywhere. I had just seen two white (black center band with red stripe) ACR's for sale a couple months ago but they are gone now go figure. I will keep a look out man, I know how it feels to wait for the right one lol, not fun :/
BUT IN THE LONG RUN IT WILL BE WELL WORTH THE WAIT AND FRUSTRATION.

GT Venum
03-24-2014, 12:41 PM
I looked all last summer for the elusive white, black and red ACR. It was my first choice and the charcoal, black and red was my second. There were a couple that came on the market but there was always something wrong with them such as being a hardcore car or too many miles for what I wanted. They also tended to sell very fast when they did come on the market.

Sounds like you have several people keeping an eye out for the car for you so you should not miss any.

Derek Short
03-24-2014, 02:02 PM
Thanks everyone for the help. Greatly appreciate all the feedback.
The waiting game now begins.

ACRucrazy
03-24-2014, 02:04 PM
People not buying hardcores are missing the boat. Those are the needle in the haystack that are going to be a better investment IMO.
It's not hard to add a stereo either. All the wiring is already there. The dash speakers are even installed already. It could be a plug and play upgrade if one wanted for rather cheap.

GT Venum
03-24-2014, 03:15 PM
I guess I don’t understand why would the hardcore be a better investment?

Is it because they made fewer of them?

ACRucrazy
03-24-2014, 03:43 PM
Yea, much fewer, something along the lines of 10% or less of the already rare ACRs were hardcore. That and they came with carbon fiber panels on the door speakers and sub/port openings, along with the fuel pump and battery tray cover.

How cool is that, that you could have ordered a car up with some deletes and get some CF covers in their place. Mine is a hardcore, I didnt mind not having as stereo, I liked listening to the sounds the car makes. However a lot of my friends would be kinda bummed about no tunes. So no stereo only lasted a few months. I had all the aftermarket equipment leftover from my other Viper I traded in when I put all the stock stuff back in it.

I put a deck and new speakers in place. Left the CF covers where the OEM sub was. Picked up rear carpet from another Viper turned race car and added a 5ch amp myself. Everything was plug and play, I didn't cut anything, drill any holes or modify anything and it was done in an afternoon. Super easy for me anyways.

I am not saying the hardcore is going to be some halo car or anything, but the ACR is already king of the hill, the ACR is rare.. The hardcore is just that much more rare. Given the choice I would choose hardcore 10/10 times simply for the fact one could add what they wanted if desired without issue. If you wanted OEM you could plug in an oem amp under the passenger seat and oem radio and door speakers for cheap. If you wanted to put it back to stock, you could without issue.

GT Venum
03-24-2014, 04:28 PM
Thanks, I don't think I have ever seen a hardcore in person. Do you have any pictures of the carbon fiber items?

ACRucrazy
03-24-2014, 04:46 PM
Thanks, I don't think I have ever seen a hardcore in person. Do you have any pictures of the carbon fiber items?

Not mine, but pics I found

http://bjmotors.biz/images/inventory/2009ViperSRT10ACRGraphiteHardcore_0474/large_15.jpg

http://bjmotors.biz/images/inventory/2009ViperSRT10ACRGraphiteHardcore_0474/large_35.jpg

http://bjmotors.biz/images/inventory/2009ViperSRT10ACRGraphiteHardcore_0474/large_36.jpg

http://bjmotors.biz/images/inventory/2009ViperSRT10ACRGraphiteHardcore_0474/large_37.jpg

http://photos.ecarlist.com/j6/Iw/OG/EQ/AH/y6/At/qj/g4/x3/0Q_640.jpg

Also radio delete plate. The factory radio harness and antenna is just snapped into the back of this piece.

http://bjmotors.biz/images/inventory/2009ViperSRT10ACRGraphiteHardcore_0474/large_17.jpg

Also came with a lap timer

http://www.viperexchange.com/images/inventory/2009DodgeViperSRT10ACRHardcoreWhite_0503/large_24.jpg

FLATOUT
03-24-2014, 04:56 PM
Wish mine was a hardcore. Super cool to see a car leave the factory like that.

GT Venum
03-24-2014, 05:12 PM
Thanks for the pictures.

I like the battery cover. Will need to find one for my ACR.

Leslie
03-24-2014, 05:26 PM
I took these pics at Gingerman Raceway, a load of ACRx's were delivered, put into the hands of Archer Racing and BAM! on the track that day.

Love the ACR's, doesn't get any better!

http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q436/levettegrl/DSCN2026-1.jpg (http://s350.photobucket.com/user/levettegrl/media/DSCN2026-1.jpg.html)

http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q436/levettegrl/DSCN2055-1.jpg (http://s350.photobucket.com/user/levettegrl/media/DSCN2055-1.jpg.html)

Leslie
03-24-2014, 05:28 PM
http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q436/levettegrl/DSCN2028-1.jpg (http://s350.photobucket.com/user/levettegrl/media/DSCN2028-1.jpg.html)

Leslie
03-24-2014, 05:29 PM
http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q436/levettegrl/DSCN2029-1.jpg (http://s350.photobucket.com/user/levettegrl/media/DSCN2029-1.jpg.html)

http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q436/levettegrl/DSCN2033-1.jpg (http://s350.photobucket.com/user/levettegrl/media/DSCN2033-1.jpg.html)

http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q436/levettegrl/DSCN2034-1.jpg (http://s350.photobucket.com/user/levettegrl/media/DSCN2034-1.jpg.html)

http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q436/levettegrl/NARRAGingermanJun09-1.jpg (http://s350.photobucket.com/user/levettegrl/media/NARRAGingermanJun09-1.jpg.html)

GT Venum
03-24-2014, 05:36 PM
Cool pictures, I love the stripe on the white ACR-X.

Leslie
03-24-2014, 05:39 PM
yeh! and it looked like a different Viper from every angle.

http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q436/levettegrl/DSCN2036-1.jpg (http://s350.photobucket.com/user/levettegrl/media/DSCN2036-1.jpg.html)

GT Venum
03-24-2014, 09:10 PM
Can you purchase the ACR-X tires with Michelin on the side?

Torquemonster06
03-24-2014, 11:52 PM
If your just interested in the stickers on the tires go to www.tirestickers.com. They sure look Bad Ass.

AZTVR
03-25-2014, 09:22 AM
If your just interested in the stickers on the tires go to www.tirestickers.com. They sure look Bad Ass.

Oh jeez.! I had never conceived of such a thing ! Now one can make crapola worn out street tires look just like real race slicks!

Torquemonster06
03-25-2014, 06:52 PM
^^^^^^lol^^^^^^^

viperprowler1
03-28-2014, 05:25 PM
Gentlemen...we have a 2008 ACR "Hard Core Edition" that we need to sell. See our Avatar to the left. If you are interested in purchasing, please email us directly at dmnearing@hotmail.com in order to make communication more convenient for both of us. Look forward to hearing from you. We also have our 2008 Viper convertible for sale here in the classifieds as well as on eBay. Take a look. Thanks, Mike and Kay
Wish mine was a hardcore. Super cool to see a car leave the factory like that.

Patgilm
04-08-2014, 01:42 PM
^^^^

Check the Alley, seems like the ACR color you are looking for is for sale by one of the members there.

Derek Short
05-06-2014, 06:41 PM
Hey Everyone,
Wanted to give an update on how the ACR search went and how I lucked out with the exact car I was looking for.
About a month ago a member on here sent me a PM about his ACR he has. He mentioned how he is really not looking to sell it but would for the right price and to the right person. We went back N forth on the price a little bit and seeing as it was the white ACR like I was looking for, and im one of these people who wants a super clean low mileage Viper so this was it. Only 2,800 miles, super clean, Original owner, and already had a few tasteful upgrades and mods, Full exhaust w/ AR headers, Mopar PCM, etc.... pretty much all I have to do is just drive it and do my few little things to personalize it and make it my own.

I made flight arrangements and flew back to NC last week. Spent about 5 days back in NC did some sight seeing and also was able to arrange shipping from the same guy who shipped my last viper. Got the viper loaded up and is heading this way to sunny San Diego. Should be here im guessing maybe this weekend but likely early next week.

This was hands down the best car buying experience I have ever had. Really want to thank the seller and his gf for showing such great hospitality and making me feel so welcomed. Great people back there in NC that is for sure.

Want to thank everyone on here who helped me on my search for the Viper ACR.

Now enough with the talk here are the PICS!!!!

First fill up
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/834/5yyg.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/n65yygj)

Ya, She is a loud one... No CATS!
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/845/1s1c.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/nh1s1cj)

Making it Official with a good ol hand shake
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/843/5y27.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/nf5y27j)

Getting the KEYS!
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/835/gmca.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/n7gmcaj)

Whooo hooo!
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/838/sqfi.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/nasqfij)

Pure Beauty!
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/838/m30m.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/nam30mj)

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/836/k4l8.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/n8k4l8j)

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/841/9d20.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/nd9d20j)

All tapped up ready to go to Cali!
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/835/3sb4.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/n73sb4j)

Previous owner saying his last good bye's, Boy is he going to miss this car
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/834/ry99.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/n6ry99j)

All boxed up ready to go
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/838/44ph.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/na44phj)

Murpowa
05-06-2014, 07:36 PM
Congrats! What a great journey it's been.

IndyRon
05-06-2014, 10:34 PM
Congrats on finding exactly what you wanted. IMHO one of the finest color combinations available for the ACR. You'll really enjoy it. Remember to take it slow and respect the car as you are learning its limits.

Derek Short
05-06-2014, 10:49 PM
Thanks Indy,
And yes that is one thing I always keep in mind when driving a new vehicle take it easy and learn the car and its limits. Its been about 2 years since I have had a 700hp viper.

GT Venum
05-06-2014, 11:26 PM
Congrats, that is a great looking ACR.

Creatre
05-07-2014, 08:06 AM
Wow congrats, beautiful color combo!

gerch85
05-07-2014, 08:17 AM
Congrats, beautiful ACR

Crotalidae
05-07-2014, 08:59 AM
Congrats!!! Beautiful vehicle!!!

MI Viper
05-07-2014, 11:50 AM
Congrats on the ACR

Torquemonster06
05-08-2014, 07:58 PM
Congrats on getting your dream car. The white looks so sweet.

ohlarikd
05-09-2014, 08:38 AM
Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!!! Awesome for you! Also my favorite combo, jealous! Pics when it gets home to San Diego!

RPM9000
05-09-2014, 11:29 AM
Congradulations, you have a beautiful car!

Leslie
05-09-2014, 12:20 PM
WOW! that's a beautiful Viper!!!!

C.J
05-09-2014, 02:18 PM
Nice! Sorry to see a Viper leave NC, but it went to a good home! Do you know if the car was originally sold from Hendrick Dodge in Cary, NC? They had one just like that on their showroom floor.

Derek Short
05-09-2014, 10:49 PM
Nice! Sorry to see a Viper leave NC, but it went to a good home! Do you know if the car was originally sold from Hendrick Dodge in Cary, NC? They had one just like that on their showroom floor.

Yes I believe it was. The previous owner said he purchased it from Hendrick in NC.

Derek Short
05-09-2014, 10:51 PM
Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!!! Awesome for you! Also my favorite combo, jealous! Pics when it gets home to San Diego!

Yes I will be getting pics and videos when it gets unloaded. Can't wait. It's due to arrive Tuesday or Wednesday.

Derek Short
05-09-2014, 10:53 PM
And thanks everyone for all the great complements!

FLATOUT
05-10-2014, 07:42 AM
Congrats dude!

BlknBlu
05-10-2014, 07:50 AM
awesome ride and yes, the color combo is great too. The hardcore cars do not supress a lot of the road noise and gravel hitting the wheel wells, but the shear rawness of the car bypasses all that.

Bruce

DreadLox
05-10-2014, 09:12 AM
Congrats man! Glad you waited for your dream color! Was it worth the wait?
;)
I know mine was!

Derek Short
05-10-2014, 03:19 PM
Congrats man! Glad you waited for your dream color! Was it worth the wait?
;)
I know mine was!

yes it was and the wait was less than i thought it would be. Thought it would be months! And didn't think it would be this clean and with such low miles and with such great upgrades!

Derek Short
05-10-2014, 03:20 PM
awesome ride and yes, the color combo is great too. The hardcore cars do not supress a lot of the road noise and gravel hitting the wheel wells, but the shear rawness of the car bypasses all that.

Bruce

yea i noticed that, why is that? Is it because it has no trunk carpet or...?

viperprowler1
05-12-2014, 01:50 PM
I installed the Mopar trunk carpet kit in my Hard Core and it made a noticeable difference in road noise from the rear of the car. That was a side benefit of the install because I did it primarily to protect the trunk area when going to car shows with lawn chairs, etc. in the trunk. I did not mount the carpet kit permanently as it sits quite securely by itself. That way, it can go in and come out on a moment's notice depending on need. A good addition to your Hard Core.
yea i noticed that, why is that? Is it because it has no trunk carpet or...?

Shooter
05-12-2014, 04:48 PM
I did not mount the carpet kit permanently as it sits quite securely by itself. That way, it can go in and come out on a moment's notice depending on need. A good addition to your Hard Core.

The trunk carpet is not permanently mounted in any of the Gen IV's. It lifts right out.

ACRucrazy
05-12-2014, 06:37 PM
I installed the Mopar trunk carpet kit in my Hard Core and it made a noticeable difference in road noise from the rear of the car. That was a side benefit of the install because I did it primarily to protect the trunk area when going to car shows with lawn chairs, etc. in the trunk.

I did the same to mine. I didn't mind the noise or no stereo, but the ladies liked tunes and less rock chatter from the tires.
Picked up trunk carpet from a member who was converting to a track car. Was a nice, non permanent addition to the car.

Derek Short
05-12-2014, 08:28 PM
So the trunk carpet doesn't fasten or bolt down in anyway? Just sits and lays down in place?

IndyRon
05-12-2014, 10:01 PM
So the trunk carpet doesn't fasten or bolt down in anyway? Just sits and lays down in place?

Exactly. The shape of it and rolled edges and contours are such that it kind of wedges down into the space. It isn't loose and won't move once its put down. Definitely looks better with it in place also.

Derek Short
05-12-2014, 10:46 PM
Ok thanks Indy.

Derek Short
05-14-2014, 07:07 PM
The week and a half wait is finally over!
The ACR just arrived today!!!!!!
WHOOOOOO HOOOOO!

Im a bit excited if you can't tell. lol

Here are some pics....

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/834/j4wb.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/n6j4wbj)

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/834/hypl.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/n6hyplj)

My Uncle flew all the way out form Sacramento to see the car arrive. He is a BIG car guy just like me. He got front row seat to the show!

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/842/igjg6.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/neigjg6j)

Up we go!
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/838/1zt7r.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/na1zt7rj)

Getting ready to unload the BEAST!
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/836/dcc7.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/n8dcc7j)

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/841/6ve0.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/nd6ve0j)

Getting the Keys for the ACR
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/845/8udt.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/nh8udtj)

Thanking Mark my shipper, he is a great guy and has shipped my last viper and will be shipping more for me in the future. Such a great guy to deal with.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/841/j511.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/ndj511j)

Taking my uncle for the first ride....
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/839/s5ff.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/nbs5ffj)

Thanks again everyone for the help of my search for the ACR Viper its been just a short journey but such a great experience and can't wait to get out and start driving it.

ohlarikd
05-14-2014, 07:34 PM
That car is CRAZY! Love it. Now, stay away from the wildfires!

Derek Short
05-14-2014, 08:02 PM
That car is CRAZY! Love it. Now, stay away from the wildfires!

Thanks buddy, will do.

- - - Updated - - -

Few quick videos of the first drive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mopKyKT5fJw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_WZculyyvk

488civ10
05-15-2014, 09:55 PM
More vids!

Thanks buddy, will do.

- - - Updated - - -

Few quick videos of the first drive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mopKyKT5fJw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_WZculyyvk

V1P3R
05-16-2014, 07:56 AM
Very Cool! Thanks for sharing your experience with everyone. It's great seeing the excitement that one gets when getting a Viper and being able to share it as a community is even better! Just make sure you have a comfy seat in your garage to spend the hours looking at it!

1 of my 2 choices in color for an ACR!

Got it just in time for the weekend, so enjoy!

slowhatch
05-16-2014, 09:42 AM
Gorgeous ACR, drive it in good health brother!

Derek Short
05-17-2014, 11:35 AM
More vids!

Thanks for all the great commits everyone.
I will be getting more videos and pics soon.

plumcrazy
05-17-2014, 01:00 PM
cool thread and story. congrats. enjoy !

Derek Short
05-18-2014, 10:38 PM
Ordered up a few things at parts rack from Jon B. wow what an awesome guy! Hooked with up with a few extra goodies!!!!!!
Thanks so very much Jon!

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/834/hlrdi.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/n6hlrdij)

Murpowa
05-19-2014, 09:29 AM
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/839/s5ff.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/nbs5ffj)

Now we get it! Nice color theme :dude3:

Love the ride Derek!