PDA

View Full Version : I am back! On the hunt for a GTS......

ViperJames
03-12-2014, 10:03 AM
Thanks to Chuck Tator he has brought me up to speed with the VCA situation and transition here. I am finally back in a position to buy another Viper. My objective is a GTS, but not ruling out a 97-02 RT/10. I am not lookign for a super low mileage perfect garage queen. Price is my most important objective. In a perfect world i would love to find something that is mechanically sound that may need some paint or interior work that i can get very cheap and do over time while enjoying the car. I have seen a few GTS for sale for around $30K that have some miles on them (no i am not referring to the one with 129K miles at Roanoke! I didn't even think a Viper iwth that many miles existed!) My first choice on color would be Steel Grey 00 or Graphite 02, then Sapphire 01, then Black. The cars that appear to be the "cheapest" are red or some hideous custom job. I am also not opposed to buying something like this if its cheap where i can repaint later. I am buying this car to enjoy and drive, not to collect dust.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks and i am looking forward to being part of the club again! :dude3:

BlknBlu
03-12-2014, 11:24 AM
Welcome, leverage our vendors to be on the lookout for you.

Bruce

City
03-12-2014, 11:59 AM
Hey James! Get a damn Viper already will ya? :D

ViperTony
03-12-2014, 12:05 PM
James!!!! Where have you been?!? Welcome back! Check our club calendar in the NY/CT forum, we gots some great events this year! Come on out!

Sybil TF
03-12-2014, 04:10 PM
Good luck but not the best time to buy. Prices go up in the spring......

ViperJames
03-12-2014, 04:36 PM
Scott! Tony! Whats up guys??? Great to hear from you two and can't wait to get back out this year for some fun events!!! and thanks everyone else for chiming in. And yes I know this is not the most amazing time to buy a Viper. I am starting to get that itch/spring fever like probably everyone else, but something good will pop up im sure.... there are a few GTS's i found online on various websites with cars right around $30K...most of them are RED and a couple RT/10s. I woudl buy Red but I would definitely repaint the car a different color down the road if I did buy it....so I am trying to avoid it if possible but if I could steal something like I said im in..... Any thoughts on where to look other than the obvious EBAY, Autotrader, cars.com.? Maybe somewhere that i can find one that was in a minor accident? Anything like this? If I can't find anything over the next month or so...I will probably bite the bullet and spend the extra $$ but need to exhaust this avenue first, as over the past year I have seen quite a few which would fit the bill i am looking for right now....

THANKS!