PDA

View Full Version : Lexan windshield for Gen 5

Arizona Vipers
01-27-2020, 07:14 PM
Does anyone make one? I'm guessing not or I'm sure I would have seen it by now.
For the first time in the 4 years I've been doing Time Trials with NasaProRacing.com I lost this weekend. To a brand new 2400 lb Porsche Cup Car. I was not amused. LOL. Need to keep losing weight.
For those that know my car it's pretty light already, maybe the lightest Viper in the world?? It's about 2930 lbs now. I lost by .4 seconds a very large margin, if the car was closer to 2800 I would have covered that. The windshield is thin, but this could still save 20 lbs and it's high up weight too.
Doug Shelby is making me a foam core splitter extension that will save about 8 lbs or so, right off the nose too.

catwood
01-27-2020, 07:15 PM
Let me go look at the X, it has a brand name on it somewhere......

ViperDai
01-27-2020, 07:25 PM
make more horsepower? you're doing Power to weight class STU?

Murpowa
01-27-2020, 07:50 PM
I lost by .4 seconds a very large margin

Drive faster :very_drunk:

On a serious note, I dont see a Lexan windshield being a game changer. Is a lighter (smaller) wheel/brake set up possible? Do you have lightened driveshaft or axles already? Lose the dashboard?

serpent
01-27-2020, 08:06 PM
AZ might as well move to a faster class like formula or the prototypes, not sure how nasa names it. But the fastest scca cars are the stohr wf1, 800lbs racing machine and your choice of what ever 1000cc motor. I've even seen one with an s2000 engine. They are fucking awesome.
The clock around the same times as the GTLM class (ford gt, c7r, viper gtsr). But that's with a 1000cc motorcycle motor.

NT-ACR
01-27-2020, 08:35 PM
Perry's Speedglass used to be pretty good but not sure if they're still around.

LATAMUD
01-27-2020, 09:19 PM
My friend rebuilt his Gen5 here in Kuwait after an accident at the track. He couldn't source a Gen5 windshield. ended up installing a Gen3/4 windshield, fit/shape is the same. The difference is the Gen5 blacked out area for the rear view mirror, and the Gen3/4 radio antenna pickup "button" point buried in the butyl when adding it to a Gen5. ACR-X had Lexan windshields. Tom Francis is a good POC.

Scot@Prefix
01-27-2020, 09:32 PM
Got you covered get with me tomorrow!
I will get the weight for the factory glass and lexan replacement.

Snakebit10
01-28-2020, 05:31 AM
.4 is not too horrible. Had it been .5 though :)

Any vid of that battle?

Arizona Vipers
01-28-2020, 07:49 AM
make more horsepower? you're doing Power to weight class STU?

I can't. LOL. I'm at 803whp now. I'd have to add turbos and that's opening up another whole can of worms... I'm in unlimited class already.

Arizona Vipers
01-28-2020, 07:53 AM
Drive faster :very_drunk:

On a serious note, I dont see a Lexan windshield being a game changer. Is a lighter (smaller) wheel/brake set up possible? Do you have lightened driveshaft or axles already? Lose the dashboard?

It's a small track I'm very fast at, can't possibly go any faster unless the car was lighter. I would have beat him but I didn't have on new tires, he did, that's over 1 second right there. This is a very rich guy with full Porsche crew with giant semi's, stacks of tires etc. My fault, my tire strategy for the weekend sucked. I brought new tires but used them on my TT1 ACR to try and get the TT1 record, missed it by 1/10th because of traffic, then lost in TTU running used tires. I tried to get greedy and it cost me my TTU record!

Arizona Vipers
01-28-2020, 07:55 AM
AZ might as well move to a faster class like formula or the prototypes, not sure how nasa names it. But the fastest scca cars are the stohr wf1, 800lbs racing machine and your choice of what ever 1000cc motor. I've even seen one with an s2000 engine. They are fucking awesome.
The clock around the same times as the GTLM class (ford gt, c7r, viper gtsr). But that's with a 1000cc motorcycle motor.

Yeah I'm unlimited already. I beat most prototypes, V8 Radicals etc, all but the fastest like the Ginetta's.

Arizona Vipers
01-28-2020, 08:09 AM
Got you covered get with me tomorrow!
I will get the weight for the factory glass and lexan replacement.

Cool thanks!

SharpMan
01-28-2020, 10:21 AM
No real weight savings on poly carbonate window vs factory glass. Hard to beat a cup car and 991 cup car to boot. Lots of driver aids and data and an extremely well developed platform for racing. A good crew and driver and cup cars are extremely good and very hard to beat. You still have power to weight over the cup car and your viper is much easier and more forgiving to drive then cup car. Rather then throwing money and parts at your car work on setup and the freebies first, then goto onboard data and pro driver coaching. Not saying your a bad driver Arizona Vipers; It helps alot to have a second set of eyes with experience see where you can improve. .4 seconds slower I think your doing pretty dang good when you look at what your up against.

I believe Randy Pobst was 1 sec faster around Laguna Seca in the ACR vs Porsche GT3 Cup of the time. Which is nuts in a car without a cage.

BSLSK
01-28-2020, 11:05 AM
I don't know you personally, but enjoy your posts. How much do you weigh? Maybe 20 lbs could be shaved off a lot easier than you think... :icon_devil:

Arizona Vipers
01-28-2020, 12:57 PM
No real weight savings on poly carbonate window vs factory glass. Hard to beat a cup car and 991 cup car to boot. Lots of driver aids and data and an extremely well developed platform for racing. A good crew and driver and cup cars are extremely good and very hard to beat. You still have power to weight over the cup car and your viper is much easier and more forgiving to drive then cup car. Rather then throwing money and parts at your car work on setup and the freebies first, then goto onboard data and pro driver coaching. Not saying your a bad driver Arizona Vipers; It helps alot to have a second set of eyes with experience see where you can improve. .4 seconds slower I think your doing pretty dang good when you look at what your up against.

yeah we can all become better driver's, but I'll never do coaching or data. I tried once, that latest about 20 minutes. LOL. Was too much like work and took the fun out of it. The fun for me in this is modifying the car to make it faster

Arizona Vipers
01-28-2020, 01:00 PM
I believe Randy Pobst was 1 sec faster around Laguna Seca in the ACR vs Porsche GT3 Cup of the time. Which is nuts in a car without a cage.

Put it this way, Cup Cars can run 2.10 at COTA. The fastest a stock ACR has ever gone there is me, a 2.21. A few heads/cam cars have gone 2.19 ish. A pro driver with my race car might do a 2.14 there. Cup cars are cup cars for a reason, it's the best Porsche can do, unlimited funds for engineering. It won't happen again, I'll just make sure to bring new tires. Having a brand new Cup Car in your class= Your tire budget for the year just skyrocketed. LOL

stradman
01-28-2020, 02:09 PM
Put it this way, Cup Cars can run 2.10 at COTA. The fastest a stock ACR has ever gone there is me, a 2.21. A few heads/cam cars have gone 2.19 ish. A pro driver with my race car might do a 2.14 there. Cup cars are cup cars for a reason, it's the best Porsche can do, unlimited funds for engineering. It won't happen again, I'll just make sure to bring new tires. Having a brand new Cup Car in your class= Your tire budget for the year just skyrocketed. LOL

AZ there is no way, that once you learn COTA(I believe you have only been there once and only did a couple of sessions iirc) that you would not be a 2:12/3 or thereabouts in your 9.0L. FFS a 675Lt Mclaren can do a 2:16 and so can a 720S. Its a high power circuit and you will most certainly use the high power and aero of your car to an advantage At Spa for reference, which is a slightly longer circuit that COTA_about 0.9 miles longer- and equally high power, I should be able to do a 2:27-2:28 there in due course in my 9.0(and my car, weighs a couple of hundred pounds more than yours and has less horsepower). Compare this to a qualifying lap for a series lap for the 991 Cup of about 2:23-. To put this into perspective a 675LT can do a high 2:35 at Spa and a 720s a 2:34. So there is no way you are 11 seconds slower than a Cup Car at COTA buddy! Just need to learn the course more that's all...

LifeIsGood
01-28-2020, 02:29 PM
I don't know you personally, but enjoy your posts. How much do you weigh? Maybe 20 lbs could be shaved off a lot easier than you think... :icon_devil:

He is rock solid. I wouldn't piss him off...at least not on purpose. :D

GTS-E
01-28-2020, 03:43 PM

Well said!

512BB
01-28-2020, 07:35 PM
Some time ago I looked at Gorilla Glass by Corning and they had aftermarket applications for Corvettes (11 lb savings over the stock windshield). Not sure if they cover Vipers, but might be worth your while to contact them.

https://www.corning.com/gorillaglass/worldwide/en/applications/automotive/automotive-exteriors.html

Cheers.

Arizona Vipers
01-28-2020, 07:40 PM
AZ there is no way, that once you learn COTA(I believe you have only been there once and only did a couple of sessions iirc) that you would not be a 2:12/3 or thereabouts in your 9.0L. FFS a 675Lt Mclaren can do a 2:16 and so can a 720S. Its a high power circuit and you will most certainly use the high power and aero of your car to an advantage At Spa for reference, which is a slightly longer circuit that COTA_about 0.9 miles longer- and equally high power, I should be able to do a 2:27-2:28 there in due course in my 9.0(and my car, weighs a couple of hundred pounds more than yours and has less horsepower). Compare this to a qualifying lap for a series lap for the 991 Cup of about 2:23-. To put this into perspective a 675LT can do a high 2:35 at Spa and a 720s a 2:34. So there is no way you are 11 seconds slower than a Cup Car at COTA buddy! Just need to learn the course more that's all...

At 3200 lbs with driver, it would take a LOT more power than I have to run a 2.12 at COTA in a high drag car. Remember half this track is the two straights. Hence Dodge not even attempting a record there in the ACR. This car just won Global Time Attack there, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRQ2GSj65U8 and it's 1200whp, full engineered race car etc and managed a 2.07. But with a pro level driver etc. I know COTA times extremely well. Last year a 700whp paddle shifted monster vette won TTU with a 2.16. I do know cota, i wont get any faster there. Like I said my 2.21 time is the fastest stock ACR time I've know of. Remember this is Nasa official timing which runs the gators in (2-3 seconds) and allows no cheating, the flag workers will DQ you for four over the line anywhere on the track etc. I've heard of a heads/cam car that ran 2.18, but without the gators in. When I go to a new track my fastest lap will be in the 2nd session then i NEVER get any faster. EVER. lol. Yes because I don't look at data etc, I'm stubborn.

Arizona Vipers
01-28-2020, 07:41 PM

:smilielol::cool:

catwood
01-29-2020, 09:19 AM
I stumbled across this last night looking for fake headlights

http://www.fivestarbodies.com/store/index.php?p=product&id=441

They also have a rear window.

Arizona Vipers
01-29-2020, 12:17 PM
Well if you ever need help or parts that will cut lap we would be glad to help.

I plan on it!!

Simms
01-29-2020, 12:23 PM
I can't. LOL. I'm at 803whp now. I'd have to add turbos and that's opening up another whole can of worms... I'm in unlimited class already.

Damn that's a lot of rwhp! Awesome.

ViperDai
01-29-2020, 01:39 PM

What tuning platform and fuel are you using to get that much power?

Pappy
01-29-2020, 01:48 PM
I ran into a couple of guys in the Atlanta Airport on Monday that were on their way to Sebring for an event this weekend. They have their Cup cars trucked to about 12 events a year and they just fly in, drive, and go home. No shortage of serious $$ effort. They invited me to come out and hang out with them, but I can't make it this weekend. I just took 30 lbs out of the firewall and 17 lbs out of the floorboard with my most recent mods. My AP brakes will be delivered on Friday and I should be able to save 15-20 lbs over the StopTechs. The problem is I've kind-of lost the bubble on where I am with weight, but I think I am making serious progress. The last time I scaled the car was before the Tilton carbon clutch, the MW 7075 aluminum driveshaft, and the new rear suspension. Still have the new exhaust system to go (which may add a little weight)- then I can reassemble the thing and get it on the scales. I'm hoping for 2600#, but realistically expecting 2800#.

Pappy

sharmut
01-29-2020, 11:56 PM
@Pappy
AP Brakes for the ACR-E? I spoke to Essex Parts early last year and they didn't offer a package. If you don't mind could you PM the part numbers needed to complete the conversion?

stradman
01-30-2020, 02:46 AM
@Pappy
AP Brakes for the ACR-E? I spoke to Essex Parts early last year and they didn't offer a package. If you don't mind could you PM the part numbers needed to complete the conversion?

Yes if running steels would be great to get skeletinised Calipers and get rid of big heavy CCM Calipers

efnfast
01-30-2020, 03:17 AM
Try Shields - they make all my plastic windshields ... they use a specially coated polycarb that is scratch/marr resitant, similar to MR10 lexan. If they havn't done a Viper before you could probably send them your windshield and have them make a formed mold and then mass produce

http://www.racingshields.com/

Arizona Vipers
01-30-2020, 03:51 AM
What tuning platform and fuel are you using to get that much power?

It's a Prefix built 13 to 1 compression, solid cam, 9.0 liter. I run C12 for fuel.

Arizona Vipers
01-30-2020, 03:53 AM
I ran into a couple of guys in the Atlanta Airport on Monday that were on their way to Sebring for an event this weekend. They have their Cup cars trucked to about 12 events a year and they just fly in, drive, and go home. No shortage of serious $$ effort. They invited me to come out and hang out with them, but I can't make it this weekend. I just took 30 lbs out of the firewall and 17 lbs out of the floorboard with my most recent mods. My AP brakes will be delivered on Friday and I should be able to save 15-20 lbs over the StopTechs. The problem is I've kind-of lost the bubble on where I am with weight, but I think I am making serious progress. The last time I scaled the car was before the Tilton carbon clutch, the MW 7075 aluminum driveshaft, and the new rear suspension. Still have the new exhaust system to go (which may add a little weight)- then I can reassemble the thing and get it on the scales. I'm hoping for 2600#, but realistically expecting 2800#.

Pappy

Yeah that's what this guy does, multiple big rigs show up with his car, he just gets in and drives. Nothing wrong with that if you don't have the time to take care of everything yourself. Time is money!
Cool on your '56 dude! Can't wait until it's done! What's the ETA? 3-4 more months?

Arizona Vipers
01-30-2020, 07:59 AM
Try Shields - they make all my plastic windshields ... they use a specially coated polycarb that is scratch/marr resitant, similar to MR10 lexan. If they havn't done a Viper before you could probably send them your windshield and have them make a formed mold and then mass produce

http://www.racingshields.com/

Thanks buddy, they already emailed me back! Check it out- https://driveviper.com/forums/threads/25658-Used-windshield-needed

Arizona Vipers
01-31-2020, 10:48 AM
Ok, so the 2003 through 2017 windshields are all the same and this company already has the Gen 4 mold so they are making me a windshield for $520. Not bad! Will save 8 lbs. http://www.racingshields.com/
Scot at Prefix sent me these pics, they have a Gen 5 there now with their lexan windshield installed. This Gen 5 looks HARDCORE!

ViperGeorge
01-31-2020, 12:05 PM
Ok, so the 2003 through 2017 windshields are all the same and this company already has the Gen 4 mold so they are making me a windshield for $520. Not bad! Will save 8 lbs. http://www.racingshields.com/
Scot at Prefix sent me these pics, they have a Gen 5 there now with their lexan windshield installed. This Gen 5 looks HARDCORE!

AZ, just curious, do you hit the head before going out on track to lose a few more pounds? Given how light your car is it might actually be significant. :smilielol:

Arizona Vipers
02-02-2020, 08:28 AM
AZ, just curious, do you hit the head before going out on track to lose a few more pounds? Given how light your car is it might actually be significant. :smilielol:

lmao. yeah and i sodium deplete for 3 days before each event :smilielol:

Simms
02-03-2020, 07:15 AM

My teammate Michael's car. Full race car built off G5 ACR by Complete Performance. It has so much cool work done to it.

ViperNC
02-03-2020, 07:34 AM
I'd say you definitely made an excellent run on used tires up against a full team prepped 911. You shouldn't feel too bad about that and already answered your question by saying you would have found another second with fresh rubber. With that said, I applaud your efforts to get quicker and lighten the car further. It will feel good to run against the "Rich Porsche Guy" again and beat him convincingly. Always feels good to beat people like that and remind those guys they aren't as elite as they think they are.

Arizona Vipers
02-03-2020, 07:46 AM
My teammate Michael's car. Full race car built off G5 ACR by Complete Performance. It has so much cool work done to it.

Yeah it looks hardcore for sure!!! Share some details!!!!

catwood
02-03-2020, 10:10 AM
I just order a new windshield for the ACRx from them. :o

Nemesis
02-04-2020, 09:05 PM

GT3 991.2 Cup Cars do not have any driver aids, no abs.

Nemesis
02-05-2020, 02:22 PM
No, they don't. I have one, and I know the gentlemen AZViper is talking about, he is on my race team. The cars don't have it, Porsche North America didn't allow ABS until announcing its 2020 option class this last Saturday. They don't have TC either.

991.2 cup cars run manthey ABS system ( or similar) which is very advanced and tune able ABS system. Traction control was more then likely also added. If the guy or gal isnt running in a pro sanctioned events or series everyone adds ABS and traction control systems. Saves the customer alot of money in the long run.

Nemesis
02-05-2020, 05:19 PM
I just figured since AZ viper was running amateur NASA and alot of cup guys who run NASA , PCA etc events only with their cup cars have added ABS and TC as little edge and safety. AZ viper has his work cut out for him if your team mate was running raw.

Our cars are raw by Trophy West Series reg. They announced a change in policy this weekend, permitting ABS in the coming 2020 season, which is a bit frustrating since the season is about to begin, and A. availability of parts is unknown, and B. the price point isn't cheap. But, since a lot of the drivers will be converting, you have a competitive disadvantage if you don't follow suit.

I know where AZViper could really bring down the weight, and it would actually save him money. :)

Pappy
02-05-2020, 06:51 PM
Well we have officially hi jacked AZ vipers post. Sorry AZvipers. We ran a GT3R with pirelli west last year at sonoma. We have probably crossed paths in the garages at some point. West is a good series, low low stress, well run and great for driver development.
Im sure the ABS system is homologated so no chance going outside the box?

AZ viper needs to check all the free boxes first then go on to spending a little cash if he needs to.

You need to know AZ Viper. He brought himself up from a novice to holding several NASA track records through sheer dedication and determination. He is aggressive and has his own driving style - and he is fast! Whether he is driving his ACR-E, his 9-liter monster, his AMG, his son's Civic Type R, his Ford GT......you get the idea......he can be counted on to be very fast in class. He knows what he is doing and he will be competitive.

Pappy

Arizona Vipers
02-05-2020, 06:53 PM
Our cars are raw by Trophy West Series reg. They announced a change in policy this weekend, permitting ABS in the coming 2020 season, which is a bit frustrating since the season is about to begin, and A. availability of parts is unknown, and B. the price point isn't cheap. But, since a lot of the drivers will be converting, you have a competitive disadvantage if you don't follow suit.

I know where AZViper could really bring down the weight, and it would actually save him money. :)

Will Doug be able to get ABS done in time for the first event?

Arizona Vipers
02-05-2020, 06:55 PM
You need to know AZ Viper. He brought himself up from a novice to holding several NASA track records through sheer dedication and determination. He is aggressive and has his own driving style - and he is fast! Whether he is driving his ACR-E, his 9-liter monster, his AMG, his son's Civic Type R, his Ford GT......you get the idea......he can be counted on to be very fast in class. He knows what he is doing and he will be competitive.

Pappy

Thanks Pappy! I forgot to give you your seat at the party! Do you want me to bring it to INDE? See you in a couple days!!

Pappy
02-05-2020, 07:05 PM
Thanks Pappy! I forgot to give you your seat at the party! Do you want me to bring it to INDE? See you in a couple days!!

Forgot all about it. Yeah, if you have room I can take it at Inde.

Snakebit10
02-06-2020, 05:33 AM

Interesting. Just read that SW ran a 2.17.9 on stock Kumho's in his 700hp ACR at COTA. Not sure if he is anywhere near your weight though so you may be faster than a 2:14 on equal tires as the cup car? According to his post on RL, his friend did a 2.16 in a GT3 non-RS on stock Michelin's but with cup car suspension. That is insane. The GT2 RS MR must be cup car fast or faster then.

Arizona Vipers
02-06-2020, 07:44 AM
Interesting. Just read that SW ran a 2.17.9 on stock Kumho's in his 700hp ACR at COTA. Not sure if he is anywhere near your weight though so you may be faster than a 2:14 on equal tires as the cup car? According to his post on RL, his friend did a 2.16 in a GT3 non-RS on stock Michelin's but with cup car suspension. That is insane. The GT2 RS MR must be cup car fast or faster then.

Yeah keep in mind no gators. That's 2-3 seconds. You lose 3-4mph all the way through the S's with the gators in. In a non officially timed event there's seconds to be made elsewhere, like by going way out on turn 19. With nasa you get DQ'd for any of this.

Arizona Vipers
02-06-2020, 07:45 AM
AZ viper needs to check all the free boxes first then go on to spending a little cash if he needs to.

Well with that theory you aren't going to sell any parts on your site. hehe. How many months/years do you want your potential customers to spend analyzing data before buying go fast parts?

Arizona Vipers
02-06-2020, 07:48 AM
GT3 991.2 Cup Cars do not have any driver aids, no abs.

I'd consider the paddle shifted sequential a driver aid, at least for me it would be.

Snakebit10
02-06-2020, 09:01 AM
Yeah keep in mind no gators. That's 2-3 seconds. You lose 3-4mph all the way through the S's with the gators in. In a non officially timed event there's seconds to be made elsewhere, like by going way out on turn 19. With nasa you get DQ'd for any of this.

Sorry not up to complete speed on track lingo. Gators? Is that another name for chicanes? Either way I get that what ever it is affects your laptimes so an unofficial run could be faster than a regulation run by a sanctioning org. Makes sense. Thx.

What speeds were you hitting on the straights? He was hitting 163-165's in his modded ACR. Id imagine you were closer to the 170's? That would be Senna territory sheesh...

Arizona Vipers
02-06-2020, 11:02 AM
Sorry not up to complete speed on track lingo. Gators? Is that another name for chicanes? Either way I get that what ever it is affects your laptimes so an unofficial run could be faster than a regulation run by a sanctioning org. Makes sense. Thx.

What speeds were you hitting on the straights? He was hitting 163-165's in his modded ACR. Id imagine you were closer to the 170's? That would be Senna territory sheesh...

This thread is getting confusing. LOL. I was at COTA in my stock ACR, not the 9 liter car. I was only hitting 153-ish, just way too much drag.
The gators are put in on most sanctioned events, which prevent cars from cheating by going 4 wheels over the curbing.

Arizona Vipers
02-06-2020, 11:06 AM
"months/years" .......Data and notes should only take you a few minutes to look at and determine what action to take. Many of our customers ask for our input prior to purchasing the " go fast parts" we design build and manufacturer. If someone like you AZ vipers said they wanted to purchase one of our ploy carbonate front windows so they can knock a few tenths off it would be bad business to let you think a front window is going to that. The poly carbonate front window also decreases the safety of your viper unless it is installed correctly with proper bracing, tear offs, blow out tabs and an anti intrusion bar. Motor sports is dangerous enough so its never a good idea to cut corners on safety. You presented the question to a public forum " lexan windshield for gen5" I thought you could benefit from my professional motor sports experience. I was just trying to help our a fellow racer.

Yeah 8 lbs won't be a few 10ths, just part of it. I'm 2940 now, will be 2799 lbs soon, got lots of little other stuff still to get rid of. Less weight is the only thing that helps you everywhere on the track. Acceleration, braking, cornering etc. One place where I think data could help me is very high speed turns, like Chuckwalla bowl. I don't hit the limits of the car in that bowl it's too scary, so knowing what speeds I could carry through there would indeed gain me a second or two. Do you guys have any data on your ACR through there?

Arizona Vipers
02-06-2020, 04:16 PM
We use AIM solo and smarty cam for data on alot of our cars pro or amateur. We have much more complex data systems but for what your doing with a small crew you wont get paralyzed or loose track time with to much data if you go with Aim solo. ( you tube aim solo) Systems relatively cheap 900-1100.00. Purchase the system online and if you need a dash mount we have one specifically for the viper thats very driver friendly and inexpensive. Its not listed on our site its an in house race part so if you go aim solo and smarty cam and you need mount just email me martin@tkomotorsports.com. We also have data sheets ....they are free!

I do indeed run a AIM dash and smarty cam! I just don't look at the video or data. It's very time consuming. Maybe one day!

Nemesis
02-06-2020, 08:58 PM
I think you should look into LidPro as well, it will help you understand across your laps what your best lap could be if you executed them all perfectly. I would also recommend using a Coach, there are a lot of bad Coahes, I can point you to a great Coach for the Viper if your interested who has run all of the tracks you do.

Nemesis
02-06-2020, 09:00 PM
I'd consider the paddle shifted sequential a driver aid, at least for me it would be.

Didn't you put one in, then yank it? To me its just different running gear, manual v flappy paddle. Don't get me wrong, nothing is faster than a good flappy for shifts, but don't think for a second a non ABS car is easier to drive at speed.. It's challenging.

Snakebit10
02-07-2020, 05:22 AM
This thread is getting confusing. LOL. I was at COTA in my stock ACR, not the 9 liter car. I was only hitting 153-ish, just way too much drag.
The gators are put in on most sanctioned events, which prevent cars from cheating by going 4 wheels over the curbing.

Got it on the gators. The 153mph stock is very good considering the aero drag. His GT3 RS was hitting 153-155mph with way less drag on those straights, albeit it has less power too.

Would love to see what the 9L beast could do at COTA.

Arizona Vipers
02-07-2020, 09:52 AM
I think you should look into LidPro as well, it will help you understand across your laps what your best lap could be if you executed them all perfectly. I would also recommend using a Coach, there are a lot of bad Coahes, I can point you to a great Coach for the Viper if your interested who has run all of the tracks you do.

Yeah I might check out Lit Pro. seems really easy to use.

Arizona Vipers
02-07-2020, 09:54 AM
Didn't you put one in, then yank it? To me its just different running gear, manual v flappy paddle. Don't get me wrong, nothing is faster than a good flappy for shifts, but don't think for a second a non ABS car is easier to drive at speed.. It's challenging.

Yeah I had it, then my motor blew so had to sell it to pay for the new motor. With the new motor and higher redline though I'm sticking with the manual as I can go 95 in 2nd.
And yep no ABS sucks, the first two years I was on the track was with a Gen 2 race car. Always worried about flat spotting tires. When you see that smoke you cringe and know you just wasted $800 fronts. LOL

Nemesis
02-07-2020, 10:28 AM
Yep, did that on Monday to one front, sucks.

Yeah I had it, then my motor blew so had to sell it to pay for the new motor. With the new motor and higher redline though I'm sticking with the manual as I can go 95 in 2nd.
And yep no ABS sucks, the first two years I was on the track was with a Gen 2 race car. Always worried about flat spotting tires. When you see that smoke you cringe and know you just wasted $800 fronts. LOL