PDA

View Full Version : Gen 5 ACR or ACR Diffuser needed LOCAL OR SHIP

ACR-ISH
01-14-2020, 12:59 PM
Good morning gents-

I've got a fabricator on board to help design a non-ACR diffuser, that mimics the original splitter. I need some one willing to lend me a diffuser, let me remove theirs and use it, or lend me the car and it will be stored either at my shop, or in my home, in a garage. Open either way. Also, if you have yours removed I'm happy to pay to ship it to me and back to you! SO YOU NEED NOT BE LOCAL. The vehicle WILL NOT be damaged or modified in any way, shape or form. The rear diffuser is only to be used to make my overlay/jig, so I don't need to even remove it, if I have the entire vehicle. IDs, or collateral can be arranged if it's an issue. IDEALLY, some one with BOTH cars lends me an ACR, so I can give them the first non-prototype AT DEAD COST and a FREE pair of strakes for their real ACR. I'm open to negotiation here, too. See details below on the diffuser:

The piece will utilize your stock non-ACR diffuser, and will be modified to accept strakes of different lengths, and materials. This will be almost identical to the ACR version, and will extend slightly past the aluminum panel in front of the stock diffuser. Essentially, with a real ACR and non on lifts the two cars will be almost identical. No corners cut, and it will be as close to exact as possible.

The aluminum under-shield in front of the diffuser will not be modified. From the rear, it should be identical, since the jig will be from the ACR model, they will look and function as the ACR strakes. Here are some design goals, feel free to fire off questions:

Send in your stock diffuser to be modified and sent back - no core charge.
Don't send in your stock diffuser, pay a refundable core. Upon receiving your stock UNDAMAGED piece, core gets refunded to you.
Modified diffuser will be shipped with strakes removed, strakes will bolt on.
Channels can be riveted, OR nut-serted for easier removal (in the event of damage), no cost fluctuation.
Strakes will be aluminum, poly or treated plastic, varying prices. Goal is also one with iridium nuggets for sparks on open track days. :)
Eventually, we will be able to modify a carbon insert as well to accept strakes.
Cost goal is below $2500 all inclusive, less core, if applicable.

Open to ideas and suggestions. I'll post pictures when done and credit the Viper donor owner. Once open, first 10 deposits will receive a discount on their diffusers for being the first to raise their hands.

If you're open to lending me your vehicle or simply the diffuser, PM me. I am happy to come remove it, or remove it at my shop. Ideally, a car already in pieces would be ideal. As I said previously, I can also ship it to me and back to you, and the same deal holds for some free strakes of your choice!

This has been a great community thus far and I know this piece, done right, has been long desired. So I'm sincerely hoping that even if this doesn't directly benefit you, there's a willing participant who has this piece available to accelerate the Viper community. Fire away openly with any questions! Thanks in advance!

ACR-ISH
01-15-2020, 06:40 PM
No west coasters... :t1567:

kriskyk
01-15-2020, 09:53 PM
The ACR and Non-ACR tails pans are shaped different, how is this modification going to be done?

How far will the aero tray's extend? Will they surpass the front of the rear wheel like the ACR trays?

ACR-ISH
01-16-2020, 10:07 AM
The ACR and Non-ACR tails pans are shaped different, how is this modification going to be done?

How far will the aero tray's extend? Will they surpass the front of the rear wheel like the ACR trays?

I know they are slightly different. We are using the ACR-E tail pan to get the angles and overall build design correct, and it will be adjusted as needed to also look the same and not hinder street or track/spirited driving. It looks like I secured an ACR-E. But still open to others or some one with both ACR and non-ACR.

The strakes will extend into the rear wheel, not sure how far, or if we will pass the front wheel. Tried to give as many specifics as possible before having both vehicles on lifts next to each other. Again, we will replicate it as closely as possible once I have both vehicles. I'll start a new thread and keep you updated with details and as we move forward.

To answer the elephants question in the room: will it function EXACTLY as the ACR...? We simply wont know unless you want to lend me a wind tunnel. BUT, it will have the same initial openings, widths and depths as the ACR-E, so the difference in channeled air should be marginal if measurable at all.

And it's going to look SICK.

ptat
01-16-2020, 01:20 PM
Interested to see the final product and pricing.

ACR-ISH
01-21-2020, 03:42 PM
Secured a car so I'll start a thread and post updates as we progress. Thanks!

VASSALLOTA2.0
02-27-2021, 12:42 PM
I am just wondering if you ever completed this project? and if so could you please post some pictures and details to contact you regarding a possible purchase of aero trays and strakes.
thanks