PDA

View Full Version : Went to the dyno this past

vipernm
03-10-2014, 07:05 PM
Saturday and here are the results for my best run

So how'd I do? The car had the Corsa exhaust when I bought it. I added Belanger Headers/Cats & the Mopar Computer. I never Dyno'ed the car before hand with just the Corsa exhaust but I'm very pleased with the results.

IndyRon
03-10-2014, 09:57 PM
Numbers look very good running the Belanger system with cats. As with any dyno, the relative graphs and gains are really what's helpful as every dyno reads just a little different. Get it down the track and see what kind of traps it puts down and that will also give you a good indication.

vipernm
03-10-2014, 11:36 PM
Yep - planning on doing that as soon as the track is open next month.

slitherv10
03-11-2014, 12:03 AM
Saturday and here are the results for my best run

So how'd I do? The car had the Corsa exhaust when I bought it. I added Belanger Headers/Cats & the Mopar Computer. I never Dyno'ed the car before hand with just the Corsa exhaust but I'm very pleased with the results.

I have questioned this before in another thread, but, Belanger states that they guarantee 50+RWHP with their set up. I don't see that here or anyones set up for that matter with the belanger system. Not on my 96 GTS or many posts on these installs and the numbers they got.
I would be skeptical next time in spending up wards of 4000 to buy and install those for 30 hp. I know they make the car breath better but, the assurance coming from Belanger that it will get that RWHP with their set up seems to me as pure nonsense. Maybe 20-50HP at the crank, but, not RWHP. I have not seen dyno numbers yet to justify that. Buy the for the sound or for the extra few HP's , fine, but insinuating the HP gains against the cost factors, seems lame. I had the Edelbrock long tube race headers on my car and replaced them for the belanger system and believe me, I never saw a 50RWHP gain over the Edelbrocks. 50RWHP is something you should definitely feel physically.

Correct me if I'm wrong with some true numbers, but, until then, I call BS

vipernm
03-11-2014, 06:11 AM
I think that gains of 50RWHP is probably a pipe dream. Most stock Gen IV's fall in the 520-540RWHP stock. So let's say my car was at 530RWHP with the Corsa exhaust as I bought it. So I picked up a little over 40RWHP WITH the Mopar computer. This is probably +/- 10RWHP since I am unsure of my starting HP. Now the only other factor is the number of 'drive cycles' since the install which was over two weeks ago. I have over 100 miles and at least 4 drive cycles so that should be enough for the computer to adjust to the new stuff. Maybe not though. In a couple months I will dyno again and see what my results are.

Having said all this the real deal is what Ron said. That is, how'd I do bottomline. What's my traps and time(s)?

slitherv10
03-11-2014, 06:38 PM
I think that gains of 50RWHP is probably a pipe dream. Most stock Gen IV's fall in the 520-540RWHP stock. So let's say my car was at 530RWHP with the Corsa exhaust as I bought it. So I picked up a little over 40RWHP WITH the Mopar computer. This is probably +/- 10RWHP since I am unsure of my starting HP. Now the only other factor is the number of 'drive cycles' since the install which was over two weeks ago. I have over 100 miles and at least 4 drive cycles so that should be enough for the computer to adjust to the new stuff. Maybe not though. In a couple months I will dyno again and see what my results are.

Having said all this the real deal is what Ron said. That is, how'd I do bottomline. What's my traps and time(s)?

But then again, your traps and time will be as fast as you are. In other words, too many discrepancies exist during the runs. How fast you shifted, got out of the hole, spinning tires, weather conditions, etc etc..No 2 runs are alike. your times will differ and so will your calculations no?

im not sure. I don't drag my car. Correct me if I am wrong. Its just me thinking and that can cause a lot of confusion on my part.:confused:

Ripper
03-11-2014, 07:54 PM
Strong numbers.. Looks good!

Martyb
03-11-2014, 07:55 PM
Is the claim 50rwhp for the headers or for headers and the entire exhaust??

FLATOUT
03-11-2014, 11:30 PM
Gen 3's with them and a tune can make that much. I picked up 48rwhp with M&M Headers & no cats with a tune on my gen 3.

Same setup on my gen 4 with no tune netted a 39 RWHP gain. I'm sure if we could tune them we'd find the last 10-15rwhp no problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Is the claim 50rwhp for the headers or for headers and the entire exhaust??

Has to be entire exhaust I would think.