PDA

View Full Version : Corsa Catback Sheared Bolt

GatorMD97
03-10-2014, 05:13 PM
Anybody ever had this happen to their catback? I had a Corsa setup put on my 97 GTS a couple years ago. I had the car up on the lift detailing and this is what I saw. Doubt it would be much of an issue because there are two hanger mounts but I had been hearing a rattle coming from rear end. Hopefully this is the source of the rattling noise. Anyway, Corsa was really great to deal with. I sent them this picture and my purchase invoice and they are sending a new catback to my tuner. Does anybody have a good solution to the sheet metal screws holding the side sills on? Several have fallen out since the original install and I somehow managed not to puncture a tire. I don't want to rivet them and I'd like to keep the car as stock as possible. The only mods I ever plan on doing are exhaust and I kept all of the original parts.

http://i57.tinypic.com/mrbm80.jpg

Suitejudyblueyes
03-13-2014, 09:28 AM
Try Rivit Nuts. Or if you don't plan to R&R the sills much, drill out for regular rivets.

ICPREY
03-13-2014, 12:13 PM
Rivet nuts work great! I used 10/32 rivet nuts and a 19/64th drill bit.

JonB ~ PartsRack
03-13-2014, 12:43 PM
Gotta LOVE that Corsa Lifetime Warrantee!

Just take an OE sill screw into any nut-bolt-fastener store, and buy the stainless equivalent.

Anybody ever had this happen to their catback? I had a Corsa setup put on my 97 GTS a couple years ago. I had the car up on the lift detailing and this is what I saw. Doubt it would be much of an issue because there are two hanger mounts but I had been hearing a rattle coming from rear end. Hopefully this is the source of the rattling noise. Anyway, Corsa was really great to deal with. I sent them this picture and my purchase invoice and they are sending a new catback to my tuner.
http://i57.tinypic.com/mrbm80.jpg

ICPREY
03-13-2014, 09:01 PM
Just take an OE sill screw into any nut-bolt-fastener store, and buy the stainless equivalent so it can fall out later down the road...

Suitejudyblueyes
03-14-2014, 10:09 AM
...and puncture your tire.