PDA

View Full Version : Track rat looking for a ride along at the NVE 4 Homestead track day

Bruce H.
12-29-2019, 09:28 PM
Hi Guys,

Miami is going to be too far a drive in the TA from the Toronto area due to a back issue that prevents me from sitting for hours on end. I was hoping that one of you fine gentlemen might like to have a ride along at the track.

I invited Boba Fett to ride along with me in the TA at NVE 1 in Detroit and NVE 2 at NOLA and we had a blast. And then TA Two Oh was kind enough to let me join him in his TA 2.0 at NVE3's Las Vegas Speedway. So if anyone would like to share the track experience at Homestead please PM or email me...thanks!

Bruce
durhamlightsource@rogers.com

ViperGeorge
12-30-2019, 09:19 AM
If I was going sure but Miami is too far to go for me.

RacerJRP
12-30-2019, 10:28 AM

Do you make it out to HPR often?

ViperGeorge
12-30-2019, 01:14 PM
Do you make it out to HPR often?

sure do. Waiting on the customer appreciation day.

ACR Steve
12-30-2019, 02:22 PM
I usually have people wanting to go for a ride feel free to jump in just have to work everyone in

IHOP
12-30-2019, 09:07 PM

Same here Bruce just too far, if I was going you are always welcome

98intrigue
12-30-2019, 09:46 PM
You’re welcome to ride along with me as long as you’re willing to ride along with an amateur. I only have 1 Track day until my belt and that was 12 years ago.

IHOP
12-30-2019, 09:52 PM
You’re welcome to ride along with me as long as you’re willing to ride along with an amateur. I only have 1 Track day until my belt and that was 12 years ago.

Bruce would be a great passenger for sure, I would love to pick his brain on tracking Vipers and in general.

Bruce H.
12-30-2019, 11:50 PM

Thanks. Deb and I flew to NVE3 in Las Vegas and just rented a car to do the cruises and activities in. We had a great time...something to consider!

I usually have people wanting to go for a ride feel free to jump in just have to work everyone in

Thanks Steve. The way the track activities and participants are divided up and scheduled that might work out even if I'm riding along with someone else, or a couple of others. Thanks again!

Same here Bruce just too far, if I was going you are always welcome.
Bruce would be a great passenger for sure, I would love to pick his brain on tracking Vipers and in general.

Thanks Tom...and I'd love to share! Maybe you should consider flying in too and join the party!

Thanks Ryan, riding with you would be great! Sharing the passion for tracking tends to be contagious so you might find you want to return to the track a little more frequently! But I do have to ask...you haven't been saving the same track tires for the last 12 years, right???

Bruce

TA Two Oh
01-01-2020, 02:43 PM
I "met" Bruce H on this forum; in 2014 he'd posted several cool videos on his TA chewing up the track. We both live in Canada (Commie-da?) and have pretty much the same car so it was easy to get to know him on the forum. We made plans to meet for the first time at NVE but some time before it started he let me know that he was having trouble with his back and as a result, he wouldn't be able to bring his TA. He and his lovely wife Deb ended up coming anyway -without their Viper- and he rode with me at all the closed course events.

We had a great time together and the four of us -including our spouses- even spent a few days together after the event had ended. Bruce and Deb are wonderful people and i'm confident that if Bruce rides with you, it will enhance your NVE experience. And.. he doesn't get carsick, which, for me, was a big plus.

Bruce H.
01-01-2020, 07:33 PM
Hey Doug, thanks for the kind words, but now I can't get away with blaming my back issue on the crazy high g's you were fearlessly pulling on the high bank oval at Las Vegas Speedway! Great memories with you and Shelleyanne and the gang at NVE3! I've been looking for photos I took from up on the high banks to include here but no luck so far...will add if I do find them.

I "met" Bruce H on this forum; in 2014 he'd posted several cool videos on his TA chewing up the track. We both live in Canada (Commie-da?) and have pretty much the same car so it was easy to get to know him on the forum. We made plans to meet for the first time at NVE but some time before it started he let me know that he was having trouble with his back and as a result, he wouldn't be able to bring his TA. He and his lovely wife Deb ended up coming anyway -without their Viper- and he rode with me at all the closed course events.

We had a great time together and the four of us -including our spouses- even spent a few days together after the event had ended. Bruce and Deb are wonderful people and i'm confident that if Bruce rides with you, it will enhance your NVE experience. And.. he doesn't get carsick, which, for me, was a big plus.

Guys, it just occurred to me that track participants will be divided into 2 days at the track and that we're not even going to know who will be slotted into the Friday vs Saturday until closer to the event date. So we can't really make specific plans at the moment. Good to know some ride-along possibilities though, so thanks for the offers Steve and Ryan!

Bruce

Larryskillzs
01-01-2020, 09:09 PM
You can right seat with me anytime.

I’ll let you know what day I have

RacerJRP
01-01-2020, 09:38 PM
sure do. Waiting on the customer appreciation day.

Awesome. Won't be able to make the customer appreciation day, but will have to keep an eye out for you next year.

Bruce H.
01-01-2020, 10:45 PM
You can right seat with me anytime.

I’ll let you know what day I have

Thanks Larry! I can't remember when we found out at previous NVEs...will hopefully have some notice. I did try to switch my day once and they couldn't do it.

98intrigue
01-02-2020, 12:27 PM
Guys, it just occurred to me that track participants will be divided into 2 days at the track and that we're not even going to know who will be slotted into the Friday vs Saturday until closer to the event date. So we can't really make specific plans at the moment. Good to know some ride-along possibilities though, so thanks for the offers Steve and Ryan!

Bruce
Ah, great point! We will cross that bridge when the time gets closer. To assure you, my track tires are not 12 years old - only 10.5 :) Kidding... I'll be on my 19"/19" Forgeline wheels with R888R tires.

Bruce H.
01-02-2020, 12:46 PM
Ah, great point! We will cross that bridge when the time gets closer. To assure you, my track tires are not 12 years old - only 10.5 :) Kidding... I'll be on my 19"/19" Forgeline wheels with R888R tires.

Haha...I feel much better now! Touch base with you later then, thanks again.

Bruce H.
01-10-2020, 11:56 AM
Some pics from NVE3 and TA Two Oh's TA 2.0 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway track events just to get you guys stoked for NVE4 and Homestead...

Bruce H.
01-10-2020, 12:01 PM

Bruce H.
01-10-2020, 12:11 PM
A LOT of Vipers, owners, and some times special guests!41586415874158841589

My guess is it's not too late to register...looking forward to seeing you guys there!

TA Two Oh
01-10-2020, 03:18 PM
Great pics, Bruce. And they brought back a flood of great memories! I see that I was kind enough to turn the radio on for you in case you were bored by the laps on the high speed oval!

Bruce H.
01-10-2020, 03:36 PM
Great pics, Bruce. And they brought back a flood of great memories! I see that I was kind enough to turn the radio on for you in case you were bored by the laps on the high speed oval!

Haha, as if I could have heard it once you got up against the high wall! Always different perspective from the passenger's seat but I'd like to think I had the stones to do the speeds you were up there! You and a couple of others just ran it like you owned the place. Great memories indeed!