PDA

View Full Version : Greg Good Heads

zpab
10-29-2019, 03:30 PM
Every where I search I see suggestions for Greg Good heads. But when I try to find contact information or any information at all for that matter the guy is a ghost. Does anyone have contact information that I could use to get in touch with him to inquire about some work?

99RT10
10-29-2019, 04:51 PM
I just messaged his email

ViperTony
10-29-2019, 07:32 PM
He's on Facebook.

river rat
10-30-2019, 08:31 AM
He's working with a shop in Houston called High Performance Connection.

BigBadViper
11-16-2019, 12:10 AM
Last I knew Greg didn't have any of his own heads. He just did porting of your existing heads.

Shiner
01-08-2020, 11:42 AM
He's working with a shop in Houston called High Performance Connection.

Mediocre work and sky high bills.

pokeyl
01-09-2020, 06:11 AM
I have a set of Gen 4/5 GG heads shoot me a PM back if your interested.

plumcrazy
01-09-2020, 03:01 PM

He is a pretty awkward person and hard to work with (extremely moody). Very good at what he does but if you are OK with at least a 12 month wait, go for it. There are others out there equal or better, I would never use him again.

hes not quick typically but he is good at what he does. there are ways to make it faster, just contact him and work it out. hes worth the wait

pokeyl
01-14-2020, 10:58 AM
This is what I have right now, on wait!41616

Matt Dillon
06-16-2020, 10:55 PM
pokeyl, these will also fit a Gen. V? Do you still have them if so what are you asking? Thanks

jeff122886
02-10-2021, 07:03 PM
Every where I search I see suggestions for Greg Good heads. But when I try to find contact information or any information at all for that matter the guy is a ghost. Does anyone have contact information that I could use to get in touch with him to inquire about some work?
email him or message him via Facebook

Last I knew Greg didn't have any of his own heads. He just did porting of your existing heads.
When I did mine 2 years ago, he worked a spare set he had, sent me the set and I sent him mine back. Took a loooooong time but was well worth the wait.

I thought his work was superb, he does everything himself so it takes awhile and I had some pretty impressive gains and he was helpful where I needed help

99RT10
02-10-2021, 07:16 PM
I have a set of Gen 3 GG heads ready to go.

smithy
04-14-2021, 09:07 PM
I have Greg Good heads on my 2017, done through High Performance Connection (HPC) in Houston. HPC has set Greg up with a machine shop on site with a few Rottler CNC machines, I think the long wait times are no longer an issue (just depending on how many jobs are ahead of you). So in my case there was no long delay, and dealing with HPC vs Greg directly, I had no issues. So maybe having a "Shop" as the interface takes care of some of Greg's "personality / temperament". I had them do the install and had everything back within 2 weeks.

I elected NOT to do a cam (my other car is a procharged / big cam C7 making +900 at the wheels), so I elected to keep the viper "classy" and "civilized" by comparison. So the head work package included: (per my invoice)
CNC Intake Runners
CNC Exhaust Runners
CNC Combustion Chamber
Greg Good custom Valve Job
Milling To Spec
Setup and Assembly
Upgraded Intake Valves
Upgraded Exhaust Valves
Hand Blending (I'd have to confirm, but I believe they also blended the bottom of the intake to match the new ports on the heads.)

The heads were also machined to accept a GM style lifter and roller rocker to get away from the dodge issues, as well as a dual valve spring setup. So for not running a cam, the heads right now are certainly overkill. In hind sight I should have done the cam (at least a "street friendly" cam) as the heads are certainly ready for it, and you always get used to the power level you have and want more. As there is likely another 30-35 HP and lots of torque left on the table by not doing it.

Not included in the pricing for the head work was the actual upgraded lifters, roller rockers, and the cost of the dual valve spring setup. When all said and done going from a car that already had headers, no cats, exhaust, pulley's, smooth tubes, DSE intake box and just an upgraded drop in filter: the heads with NO cam picked up right around 40 wheel horsepower and about 30-35 torque (same dyno, SAE corrected). To be fair, without a cam, all the increase came above 4k RPM.

The head work was $4,750. I'm in Houston, (I've worked with HPC on my C7 since before they were HPC (owner split off from another well know local shop a few years back, but he's also been in the Houston car scene for 20+ years); so I trust them vs. going to someone new with the viper. My other option that is somewhat local is Calvo in Austin, but since I didn't want a cam (at the time), I felt both price and building a "custom" solution was something I could do local / with HPC and Greg. Greg Good has been a respected name for a long time around the Houston engine scene, so i went that route vs. sending the heads off somewhere.

I know Calvo uses Headgames, I don't know their pricing for comparison, or their results on a NA build (only calvo's numbers for full head /cam or stroker build.... we aren't going to get into what one shops dyno reads vs. another... so lets not go there). I also think there are limited places most of us would trust to machine / modify the heads on our vipers. So for me, Headgames isn't local, so the downtime would have been longer, and I had a little more comfort in knowing the shop and who was doing the work.

So was it "cheap"... No, but nothing on the viper is. When you consider viper exchange is also local (and not knocking them by any means.... they really know their stuff and I'll still use them for other things), but for comparison: installing lowering caps and changing all the fluids out when i first got the car was +$2,000. So $4,750 for viper head work by someone many consider the best in the business to me wasn't too bad.

hope this helps or happy to answer any questions.

Mike