PDA

View Full Version : 3 55 gears with heads and cam package

MAMBA 40
10-20-2019, 06:02 AM
Hi guys, I just got my car a year ago and I just wanted your opinion on what I plan to do. I want to do heads and cam package on my car, however before I do that I want to do a wavetrac diff upgrade. I was thinking while I was taking the diff apart, I would just throw in a set of 3.55 gears in. If I put this set of gears in my car, will I have to remove the 3.55 gears when I do a heads and cam upgrade in a few years.? Also will it make the car harder to drive at the track? Your opinioins are greatly appreciated :)

Back In Black
10-20-2019, 09:28 AM
You'll like the 3.55's. Do it. Will not make it harder to drive on track. You might be using 5th gear though depending on the track.

Lawrenzo
10-22-2019, 05:53 PM
I had a similar set up in my 2006 coupe. The 3:55's were a nice addition to the mix. You might want to consider some other upgrades while you're at it. Are you thinking about going to Dan Cragin or Todd Abrams for the engine work?

These were the mods to my old car:

Ported Cylinder heads with the production valves, 3 angle valve job, Viton seals and CNC porting of the intake and exhaust, valve springs and retainers by Greg Good
Custom Greg Good sourced Comp-camshaft
Belanger Tri-Y Headers with ACR-X full exhaust
170 Thermostat
Custom head gaskets
Low bleed lifters
McLeod RXT Street twin clutch kit-able to handle 1000hp
Custom chromoly flywheel
WaveTtrac Limited slip with 3:55's
IPSCO short throw shifter
BBK throttle body
Articulating oil pickup assembly and oil pan
Trend pushrods
Custom tuned by Dan Cragin's in-house Guru
It dyno'd at 600 RWHP and 589 lbft on Dan's Dynapack 44

Whiskey
11-06-2019, 12:06 PM
I have a comply built Paxton setup making 850rwhp+. When I mean complete I mean everything. Engine, trans, rear end, triple pump fuel setup, half-shafts, AEM stand-alone Dino tuned for the combo. Built 522ci motor with all the goodies including Roe710R cam. Literally everything

$20k OBO.

Txt me 407.561.1023