PDA

View Full Version : NVE4 Agenda

Herrsss
10-08-2019, 06:57 AM
We've been asked about what the plans are for NVE4 here is an abbreviated agenda to check out.

Wednesday 4/28/21 **Opening Gala **
*Due to current Coast Guard occupancy restrictions we plan to split this into a lunch tour and a dinner tour. There MAY be a need to add a Tuesday evening (4/27/21) tour - just depends on occupancy restrictions
- Drive your car to the Jungle Queen docks (we have arranged reserved parking with security) and board their boats (nope you cannot drive to the isle)
- Intra-coastal waterway guided tour to the Jungle Queen isle which we bought out
- Enjoy all you can eat BBQ, live shows and explore their Isle
- Load boats, cruise back to the docks and return to the hotel

Thursday 4/29/21
- You told us you want to drive so that's what we're gonna do!
- Depart the hotel and drive south all the way to Key West
- Spend the day exploring Duval Street and the island plus have lunch at one of their many restaurants
- You think you're done? Not so much! Grab some dinner on your way back and be ready to continue the fun
- Join us around the pool for our Texas style business meeting!

Friday 4/30/21
- Group A goes to Homestead International Raceway for a day at the roadcourse track and a high speed autocross!
- Group B jumps on double decker tour buses to check out the Wynwood Walls area of Miami
- You say you want some beach time? How does fabulous South Beach sound? We're taking over the iconic Clevelander Hotel on Ocean Drive for the day
- You can stroll the beach, swim in the pool, lounge around the pool or shop along Ocean Drive - your choice but the day is all about relaxation!
- Open evening for regional group dinners - we have an event planner who can assist the presidents find a restaurant if they need help

Saturday 5/1/21
- Reverse the group activities
- Group B goes to the track
- Group A checks out Wynwood Walls etc.

* New for this NVE is an alternative tour via bus of the Frost Museum of Science and the Perez Museum of Art for your significant other who doesn't want to hang out at the track on your track day

** Saturday evening is our closing gala with a silent auction. We have an amazingly awesome collection of very cool items to bid on so bring your credit card and start bidding!
- Our theme is Miami Vice so start putting together your wardrobe!

*** Passport is our preferred transporter to get your cars down to SoFlo.

See ya'll in Miami!

www.driveviper.com/nve4

Bryan Savage
10-08-2019, 12:32 PM
Sounds great, Beth!!

braunstein82
10-10-2019, 01:59 AM
Will the cost of the museums be included?

carmaker
10-10-2019, 08:47 AM
Why is the countdown clock an hour off?

GRNBGON
10-10-2019, 08:52 AM
Yes, my question also.
Ted, lets see who registers first, it's a race!

ForTehNguyen
10-10-2019, 01:19 PM
Why is the countdown clock an hour off?

i noticed this too, but the 1 extra hour was subtracted in the final couple minutes, was strange

Herrsss
10-11-2019, 01:17 PM
First 24 hours of registration saw us reach 57% full so don't dilly dally too long to sign up and join us in Miami & the Keys!

Viper Girl
10-11-2019, 06:33 PM
First 24 hours of registration saw us reach 57% full so don't dilly dally too long to sign up and join us in Miami & the Keys!

Wow probably sold out by the weekend!

Herrsss
12-05-2019, 09:41 AM
Pssst . . . we have a few spaces left so if you want to join us at the biggest Viper party on the planet you better register now while you can still get the early bird discount! The price goes up January 1st!

www.driveviper.com/nve4

When you register don't forget to reserve your room. We hear folks are looking at the various hotel booking sites but our negotiated block price is below all of them especially when you factor in free parking ($20/day) and free wifi ($10/day)!

stylin
01-22-2020, 03:49 PM
Question about spectating for a day:
If I wanted to visit the track event day just to watch and hang out (driving my viper into the track, but not racing), is there a cost to get in the gate? Not allowed at all?

TheWessss
01-23-2020, 12:26 PM
Question about spectating for a day:
If I wanted to visit the track event day just to watch and hang out (driving my viper into the track, but not racing), is there a cost to get in the gate? Not allowed at all?

Only current members of the VOA are allowed to purchase tickets and attend this event. I see by your "enthusiast" label on the forum you are not currently a VOA member. If you decide to join and attend the largest Viper gathering on the planet, which I highly recommend, the event is almost sold out, so not much time before the waiting list begins. We have designated times and groups that attend certain modules we can't have people just going to whatever they want to, it would be chaos. Everyone is assigned colors and numbers so that the host checking you in knows if you are supposed to be there on that day. Time to get signed up, Stylin!!!

Viperenvy
02-13-2020, 06:17 AM
AGENDA updated for Hagerty event Friday and Saturday morning. Hagerty is already working, pulling together ten's of 1,000 of data points for a robust conversation about our passion.

https://driveviper.com/nve4/agenda.php

NottaVette
02-21-2020, 10:18 PM
Giggity!! Been looking forward to this since I joined the VOA!! Gonna be my first and I am SOO excited!!

LATAMUD
03-05-2020, 08:30 PM
How will the Groups “A” and “B” be determined? I’m thinking of transporting a Viper down for the track day, trying to plan it out.

OTHER SNAKE OWNER
02-23-2021, 11:05 AM
Beth (or someone) can we get updates on the agenda, etc for all of the stickys please?

I am undecided if I am going to attend or not still and part of my decision is knowing exactly what is planned for when.

Thanks

Herrsss
02-23-2021, 12:18 PM
Beth (or someone) can we get updates on the agenda, etc for all of the stickys please?

I am undecided if I am going to attend or not still and part of my decision is knowing exactly what is planned for when.

Thanks

Done - thanks for pointing it out! Go directly to www.driveviper.com/nve4 to review all the plans

braunstein82
02-26-2021, 12:44 AM
There are many who are going down early. Maybe we could send an email out to find who and possibly schedule them for the Tuesday dinner.

Viper Crazy
03-04-2021, 01:24 PM
What’s the scoop on who’s providing track insurance?

ViperPete
03-08-2021, 01:42 PM

This. And what group will I be on? What time do I have to be where, etc.....

Herrsss
03-08-2021, 04:02 PM

Hagerty has provided a link for you to click through to their registration page - it's on the agenda page on both Friday and Saturday.

- - - Updated - - -

This. And what group will I be on? What time do I have to be where, etc.....

We're starting to work on groups and are keeping our fingers crossed that the maritime restrictions ease up soon.

ViperPete
03-09-2021, 08:50 AM
Hagerty has provided a link for you to click through to their registration page - it's on the agenda page on both Friday and Saturday.

- - - Updated - - -

We're starting to work on groups and are keeping our fingers crossed that the maritime restrictions ease up soon.

Do you know if the insurance is any cheaper than usual? Are they giving us a break?

Viperenvy
03-09-2021, 10:23 AM
Here is the link:

https://ecommerce.rlicorp.com/HPDE/Application/QuickQuote/Hagerty?aff=prt_hpde&utm_source=partner&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=ins_hpde&utm_content=banner&utm_term=voa_nve4

TheWessss
03-09-2021, 02:37 PM
Just to give members an idea, I already bound my policy with Hagerty. Fully refundable up until the event I just don't want to deal with it the day of. You also get a co-driver at no extra charge. It is for either track day AND IT IS ONLY FOR WHILE YOU ARE ON HOMESTEAD SPEEDWAY!! Not the parking lot, not the AutoCross, not a quick ride to the gas station down the street. I did a $75K declared value policy, with a 10% deductible, and the policy was $477. Hope all that helps.

ViperPete
03-10-2021, 06:31 PM
Just to give members an idea, I already bound my policy with Hagerty. Fully refundable up until the event I just don't want to deal with it the day of. You also get a co-driver at no extra charge. It is for either track day AND IT IS ONLY FOR WHILE YOU ARE ON HOMESTEAD SPEEDWAY!! Not the parking lot, not the AutoCross, not a quick ride to the gas station down the street. I did a $75K declared value policy, with a 10% deductible, and the policy was $477. Hope all that helps.

When I ran mine it was $778. 110k value.

98intrigue
03-11-2021, 11:02 AM
Wow! You guys got off easy. My quote for $211k value with a 15% deductible was $2,218.

BSLSK
03-11-2021, 11:05 AM
Do you know if the insurance is any cheaper than usual? Are they giving us a break?

Insurance looks to be the same cost as normal. Unless there is a way to get a discounted rate that I am not aware of?

MoparJohn
03-15-2021, 12:49 PM
Will there be fuel at the track or do we need to bring our fuel cans?

Herrsss
03-16-2021, 01:38 PM
Insurance looks to be the same cost as normal. Unless there is a way to get a discounted rate that I am not aware of?

Hagerty's link is posted on the agenda page of www.driveviper.com/nve4 to check out their rates.

Herrsss
03-16-2021, 01:40 PM
Will there be fuel at the track or do we need to bring our fuel cans?

Race gas will be available between 8 and 9 a.m. and 12 to 1 p.m. but there is a regular gas station about 5 minutes down the street.

OTHER SNAKE OWNER
03-17-2021, 12:16 PM
I need to call Passport to get an estimate to determine transport cost to see if I can still go or not.

I see an (866)582-3185 and a (417)532-5600 as possible phone numbers for Passport. Does either matter or who I talk to matter or is there a certain NVE4 code to use?

Thanks

Herrsss
03-17-2021, 05:08 PM
I need to call Passport to get an estimate to determine transport cost to see if I can still go or not.

I see an (866)582-3185 and a (417)532-5600 as possible phone numbers for Passport. Does either matter or who I talk to matter or is there a certain NVE4 code to use?

Thanks

Call Ed Watts at 417-588-4921 for assistance with transport to Miami for NVE4

OTHER SNAKE OWNER
03-17-2021, 06:29 PM

Will do. Thank you for the reply!

OTHER SNAKE OWNER
03-25-2021, 08:21 AM

Beth, I have another question for you if you don't mind please? I'm curious at to what/where the road course is for Homestead. I have attached a sat pic from Google. Is it the infield track or the track near the upper left corner? Thank you!

BSLSK
03-25-2021, 08:42 AM
Here's the track layout on the NVE4 FAQ page.

OTHER SNAKE OWNER
03-25-2021, 08:54 AM
Thanks for posting I guess I could've looked there.

OTHER SNAKE OWNER
03-25-2021, 09:18 AM
Beth, is there any chance you could give time allotment estimates for the days/events?

Wednesday 4/28/21
Drive your car to the Jungle Queen docks/Jungle Queen isle: leave hotel/depart time to go back to the hotel?

Thursday 4/29/21
Depart the hotel and drive south all the way to Key West: leave hotel/depart time to go back to the hotel?
Texas style business meeting: start time/end time?

Specific to the Thursday night meeting: what is a Texas style business meeting?

Friday 4/30/21
Group A goes to Homestead International Raceway for a day: leave hotel/depart time to go back to the hotel?
Group B jumps on double decker tour buses to check out the Wynwood Walls area of Miami: leave the hotel/time allotment at the Clevelander/depart time to go back to the hotel?

Specific questions regarding the Clevelander: do we have full access to the property? Things such as restrooms, beach chairs, towels, etc

Saturday 5/1/21
Reverse of Friday

Closing gala start time?

Thank you! (sorry the wife is grilling me with these questions lol)

PS - and yes I did check the FAQ for this and found nothing helpful in regards to time allotments for events/activities and at the venues and such

Luisv
04-12-2021, 03:37 PM
I hope I am not stepping on toes here with the info. I was not involved in the planning of the event. However, being local to the area, I can give you some basic idea of drive/lead times.

Wednesday 4/28/21
Drive your car to the Jungle Queen docks/Jungle Queen isle: leave hotel/depart time to go back to the hotel?

Assume about an hour depending on route and "sightseeing". What I mean is that, if you stick to highways and go the direct route, your are looking at an hour for the drive. Time of day will be an issue as well since there can be some traffic to deal with for the afternoon drive. (up or back, depending on what group you are in). If you go the scenic route, it can add 30 minutes to an hour depending on the route.

Thursday 4/29/21
Depart the hotel and drive south all the way to Key West: leave hotel/depart time to go back to the hotel?

The drive to Key West is going to run about 3-1/2 hours from the Hilton. It's not so much the distance as the route in and out of the Keys is two lanes and they are not highway speed limits. It is an absolutely beautiful drive though and well worth taking the time.

Texas style business meeting: start time/end time?

Specific to the Thursday night meeting: what is a Texas style business meeting?

I'll leave that to the organizers to answer. I'm curious too, but I assume relaxed. I don't own boots though... :-)

Friday 4/30/21
Group A goes to Homestead International Raceway for a day: leave hotel/depart time to go back to the hotel?
Group B jumps on double decker tour buses to check out the Wynwood Walls area of Miami: leave the hotel/time allotment at the Clevelander/depart time to go back to the hotel?

Specific questions regarding the Clevelander: do we have full access to the property? Things such as restrooms, beach chairs, towels, etc

So the trip to Homestead Miami Speedway is typically a 45 minute drive. This is a highway drive. In fact, the first portion of the drive will be identical to the drive down to Key West since we pass right by the HMS on the way to the entrance to the Florida Keys.

As for the sightseeing tour of Little Havana and Wynwood, that's hard to gauge for you since it all depends on route and what that includes. Little Havana and Wynwood are close to each other but not adjacent. Little Havana is close to the Hotel however, so getting there is not a huge issue. In the end, I'll leave it at "it depends".

As for the Clevelander, I'll leave that to someone to answer.

Herrsss
04-13-2021, 10:09 AM
Luis - thanks for answering the questions!

Texas Business Meeting question . . . Texas is well known for gathering together to shoot the shit, drink adult beverages and smoke cigars! This one will be around the Hilton's pool so you can chill or swim - your choice! We'll also have snackie type foods to pair with your beverages (cash bars will be open)!

Little Havana and Wynwood tour - the bus company has allocated about 45 minutes for that and then journey on to the Clevelander Hotel. We have access to the hotel's public areas (obviously not rooms) including restrooms, lounge chairs & towels by the pool etc. The beach is public and the hotel does not have any chairs but there are private ones available for rent.

Herrsss
04-13-2021, 10:12 AM
We emailed out the pre-event track guide but we're also attaching it here for your review!

Luisv
04-13-2021, 02:36 PM
Luis - thanks for answering the questions!

Texas Business Meeting question . . . Texas is well known for gathering together to shoot the shit, drink adult beverages and smoke cigars! This one will be around the Hilton's pool so you can chill or swim - your choice! We'll also have snackie type foods to pair with your beverages (cash bars will be open)!

Little Havana and Wynwood tour - the bus company has allocated about 45 minutes for that and then journey on to the Clevelander Hotel. We have access to the hotel's public areas (obviously not rooms) including restrooms, lounge chairs & towels by the pool etc. The beach is public and the hotel does not have any chairs but there are private ones available for rent.

Simply awesome! So Texans and Miami Cubans are the same, we get together, have some drinks and smoke cigars! Works for me! I'll be sure to bring a few sticks!

Looking forward to a great week!

Any idea on how many cars are coming down?

Herrsss
04-14-2021, 03:00 PM
Simply awesome! So Texans and Miami Cubans are the same, we get together, have some drinks and smoke cigars! Works for me! I'll be sure to bring a few sticks!

Looking forward to a great week!

Any idea on how many cars are coming down?

looking like about 200ish !