PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Response Adjuster

SA Heat
10-03-2019, 08:40 AM
Does anyone have a TKO/JMS throttle response adjuster installed on a Gen IV? There's a pretty good thread on it on the Gen V forum (outside of one guy being an a-hole)....I expect the Gen IV results would be the same but would like to hear results on a 2008-10 if someone has one.

https://driveviper.com/forums/threads/24971-Any-Fix-Yet-for-Gen-V-Lazy-Throttle-Off-Idle/page6

https://tkomotorsports.com/product/2008-2017-viper-adjustable-max-throttle-response/

13COBRA
10-03-2019, 10:34 AM
I'll let you know when I get it installed.

For reference, I have the Arrow reflashed PCM, 10% lower UD Pulley, BBG clutch/flywheel, and 3.55s.

viperBase1
10-03-2019, 10:40 AM
I'm very interested too.. but also a little apprehensive. As if my Viper needs more power, speed and responsiveness.:dude3:

My only issue with the current throttle response is the "flat spot". Sounds like this should resolve the dreaded "flat spot" nicely.

I'd also like to learn more about which PCM to use with this device. (?)
I saw a little bit of talk about this on the GenV thread, but don't recall a clear answer/strategy for implementation.

I have the Stock PCM and an Arrow/ACR PCM (which needs to go in for a re-flash).
N' to that effect, how a re-flash on the ACR PCM would interact with the magical TKO device?
N' should Arrow take the magical TKO device into consideration for the re-flash?

Really looking forward to the first GenIV hands-on review.

Rmj
10-03-2019, 11:19 AM
Easy install...works great. Very responsive throttle. Just an FYI, it does work with the snakeoyl cruise control piggybacked.

Rmj
10-03-2019, 11:22 AM
Oh...and it works with any pcm. Mine is an arrow flashed mopar performance, works great. Really has nothing to do with pcm or programming.

SA Heat
10-03-2019, 11:33 AM
I'm very interested too.. but also a little apprehensive. As if my Viper needs more power, speed and responsiveness.:dude3:

My only issue with the current throttle response is the "flat spot". Sounds like this should resolve the dreaded "flat spot" nicely.

I saw a little bit of talk about this on the GenV thread, but don't recall a clear answer/strategy for implementation.

I have the Stock PCM and an Arrow/ACR PCM (which needs to go in for a re-flash).
N' to that effect, how a re-flash on the ACR PCM would interact with the magical TKO device?
N' should Arrow take the magical TKO device into consideration for the re-flash?

Weren't the Arrow PCMs/reflash supposed to take care of some of the lazy throttle response by themselves? (Same question to you @13COBRA and @Rmj)

ACR-ISH
10-03-2019, 11:59 AM

Call Marty. He is happy to discuss those ECU options. I believe he said it's designed to work with your Arrow or Stock PCM. I don't think the type of PCM changes the functionality, only improves the pedal sensitivity, so maybe it's multiplied if the PCM already addresses the issue to some degree?

Martin: 775 857-1913

ACR-ISH
10-03-2019, 12:01 PM
Does anyone have a TKO/JMS throttle response adjuster installed on a Gen IV? There's a pretty good thread on it on the Gen V forum (outside of one guy being an a-hole)....I expect the Gen IV results would be the same but would like to hear results on a 2008-10 if someone has one.

Hopefully I'm not the "one a-hole"...

SA Heat
10-03-2019, 12:17 PM

No, definitely not.

ACR-ISH
10-03-2019, 12:51 PM
No, definitely not.

Finally...

:D

13COBRA
10-03-2019, 03:31 PM
Weren't the Arrow PCMs/reflash supposed to take care of some of the lazy throttle response by themselves? (Same question to you @13COBRA and @Rmj)

Yes, and it was a huge step in the right direction. But you can still tell it's a DBW system.

SA Heat
10-03-2019, 03:35 PM
Yes, and it was a huge step in the right direction. But you can still tell it's a DBW system.

Gotcha...thanks.

Rmj
10-03-2019, 04:57 PM
Arrow/exhaust/pulley helped for sure. Pedalmax much more improved. Hard to describe..more responsive, even touchy pedal, depending on where it’s adjusted. Definitely a necessary mod in my opinion.

viperBase1
10-04-2019, 07:22 AM

No, definitely not.

Finally...

:D
It was me wasn't it? :eek:

I'll let you know when I get it installed.
For reference, I have the Arrow reflashed PCM, 10% lower UD Pulley, BBG clutch/flywheel, and 3.55s.
Except for the clutch & flywheel.. same setup here.

Looking forward to your review. :cool:

SA Heat
10-04-2019, 09:07 AM
^^^^

Haa, no! T'was the guy getting shitty with the TKO rep (and others).

ACR-ISH
10-04-2019, 10:09 AM
^^^^

Haa, no! T'was the guy getting shitty with the TKO rep (and others).

Yeah figured. And after jamming up my thread asked a ridiculous question about a rear diffuser that isn't even out. LOL... C'mon bro!

efnfast
10-06-2019, 02:41 AM
I've ordered the TKO one from the gen V thread ... I have high hopes!

viperBase1
10-07-2019, 10:16 AM

Based on the above, an executive decision has been made!

Last night, I re-installed the stock PCM (pulled the Arrow/ACR unit).
Originally I was planning on sending the Arrow unit in for a re-flash but have changed my mind.
The Arrow PCM was a bit better, but it wasn't a complete solution for the feel of the pedal.
I realize it did more than just "throttle response", but still feel like its time to go in a different direction.

I'm going to stick with the stock PCM and try this Throttle Maximizer and maybe even add an Auto-Blip type device.
Happy to hang out and wait for the reviews of the TKO rev-matcher unit.
The rev-matching on the Porsche is schweet and I'd dig having it in the Viper too.

No doubt it will be better for a California Viper to live this way.

13COBRA
10-11-2019, 03:17 PM
Worth every penny.

The easiest way to explain how it works...

If you press your throttle to 30%...after installing TKOs part....the throttle sensor thinks it's pressed to 45% (just guesstimate) when you have it tuned to 25%.

I dialed it up to 100%, because come on who wouldn't...and if you press your throttle to 30% to sensor thinks it's at 100%. It's too jerky in that configuration to use on a road course, but would be excellent for rolling runs!

Money well spent!

ACR-ISH
10-11-2019, 03:43 PM
^^^^^ +10

SA Heat
10-11-2019, 06:10 PM
Thank you 13COBRA. What percentage did you settle on?....or are you still experimenting?

SilverACR
10-12-2019, 12:04 AM
Sounds awesome. Any cutting involved? I’ll try it as long as it’s plug and play.

Ronin47
10-12-2019, 01:37 AM
Sounds awesome. Any cutting involved? I’ll try it as long as it’s plug and play.
Plug and play. Only cutting involves cutting the zip ties after install.

bulitt
10-15-2019, 03:42 PM
Worth every penny.

The easiest way to explain how it works...

If you press your throttle to 30%...after installing TKOs part....the throttle sensor thinks it's pressed to 45% (just guesstimate) when you have it tuned to 25%.

I dialed it up to 100%, because come on who wouldn't...and if you press your throttle to 30% to sensor thinks it's at 100%. It's too jerky in that configuration to use on a road course, but would be excellent for rolling runs!

Money well spent!

Nice! Thx for update!

viperBase1
10-19-2019, 08:49 AM
OK so this is the one for us: QUICK TRACK INSTALL VIPER ADJUSTABLE MAX THROTTLE RESPONSE KIT (https://tkomotorsports.com/product/2008-2017-quick-track-install-viper-adjustable-max-throttle-response-kit/)

I haven't heard anybody discuss this "Quick Track Kit" yet, only the "Competition Kit".

Right now, I'm not too keen on cutting into the wiring harness and soldering (as pictured over on the GenV forum).
I'm plenty good with a soldering iron, just don't need the full-track-competition install.
Mostly street/auto-x right now.. track once a year.

Just want a little extra edge for that first encounter with a C8 Z51 w/Performance Pkg.

Ordered! :dude3:

13COBRA
10-19-2019, 08:52 AM
OK so this is the one for us: QUICK TRACK INSTALL VIPER ADJUSTABLE MAX THROTTLE RESPONSE KIT (https://tkomotorsports.com/product/2008-2017-quick-track-install-viper-adjustable-max-throttle-response-kit/)

I haven't heard anybody discuss this "Quick Track Kit" yet, only the "Competition Kit".

Right now, I'm not too keen on cutting into the wiring harness and soldering (as pictured over on the GenV forum).
I'm plenty good with a soldering iron, just don't need the full-track-competition install.
Mostly street/auto-x right now.. track once a year.

Just want a little extra edge for that first encounter with a C8 Z51 w/Performance Pkg.

Ordered! :dude3:

You don't have to solder anything in the competition kit.

The difference between this kit and the competition kit, is the bracket that mounts the controller (the silver thing center of photo).

viperBase1
10-19-2019, 09:39 AM
You don't have to solder anything in the competition kit.

The difference between this kit and the competition kit, is the bracket that mounts the controller (the silver thing center of photo).

Cool. Some 3M two-sided tape + zip ties for strain relief should work out just fine.
If not, I'll loop back around and buy the bracket.

Looking forward to it, Baby Doll is ready! :t15197:

13COBRA
10-19-2019, 09:45 AM
Cool. Some 3M two-sided tape + zip ties for strain relief should work out just fine.
If not, I'll loop back around and buy the bracket.

Looking forward to it, Baby Doll is ready! :t15197:

Good looking car.

The bracket was a simple install. Took about 20 minutes to do the whole thing. If you pulled the seat, it would be super easy access.

viperBase1
10-23-2019, 02:11 PM
ooo-ooo It's been delivered. :dancingman:

viperBase1
10-26-2019, 01:46 PM
ooo-ooo It's been delivered. :dancingman:

INSTALLED.
Install was very simple but I had an OCD attack and went crazy cleaning every freakin' thing down in the foot well. It was bad.

Oooooo-weeeee double eeeeeYyooouuhheee!!!!:drive:

No engine lights whatsoever.
dial @25% - couldn't really tell much diff. But didn't give this setting much of a test.
dial @50% - WOW. Instant KkaPppowww! What flat spot? She ran a tad warmer, but she's being pushed harder.

Stopped right there. That's all we need. :dude3:
Dammmmnn.:orange:

SilverACR
10-26-2019, 04:50 PM
This will be a nice stocking stuffer this year;)