PDA

View Full Version : well i need to look properly

jbebit
10-01-2019, 03:45 AM
Morning guys - hope everyone is well. :drive:
Just joined a couple of days ago and in haste whacked a "hi" straight on the main newbie board without checking regions.
Delighted to tick the viper box - has been an itch i have been looking to scratch for years after standing next to a brand new one in a bournemouth dealer way back in 2004 .... with 3 young kids back then we left with a chrysler voyager much to my disgust !!:t0122: now they are all at uni it's 2 seatrer time !
Previously very much a petrol head with god knows how many cars over the years Nissan GTR's 33, 34 and 35, Porsche GT2 & GT3RS and a Gallardo Superleggera. All the toys were sold when we moved house a few years ago and only had the caterham left which i used to race for a few years. Finally some cash back in the bank account and it had to be the viper.
Hard to explain but within minutes it has fast become my favourite ever car to be honest ... i'm an old fart who loves noise, smell and a bit of drama or potential drama so it just ticks every box - i'm nearly deaf as have constantly driven it with the window open and blimey even the wife loves it as well .... :)

It's had a fair bit of upgrade work completed previously which is great so far less tinkering for me to do and time to enjoy it

We are in Weymouth and be great to catch up with you all at future events - cheers John

p.s sorry about the photos ... no idea how to get them the right way up !40097

Fatboy 18
10-01-2019, 04:52 PM
Welcome John,
Is that the RSI car? Think one of our members, Sam used to own that a few yrs ago?

There is supposed to be a few of us attending the Anglo American meet this coming weekend at Prescott Hill Climb.

If you fancy joining us on the VOE7 Trip next year let me know fast as officially entries are now closed, but I might be able to squeeze you in if others cancel.

Welcome, Mark :)

jbebit
10-01-2019, 05:09 PM
Hi Mark

Yes would love to go on the VOE7 trip please if you can squeeze us in and huge thanks for letting me know about it.
Yes it's the RSI car and loving it - sounds amazing and great fun.
Keen to get it on the dyno over the next few weeks at Abbey Motorsport and will link it to a remote SCT map check with Torrie at unleashed tuning who can review the maps whilst on the dyno.
It runs lovely but keen to make sure all running exactly as it should etc. Its had quite a few owners over the last few years so keen to understand exactly what I have in there 100%

QUOTE=Fatboy 18;393590]Welcome John,
Is that the RSI car? Think one of our members, Sam used to own that a few yrs ago?

There is supposed to be a few of us attending the Anglo American meet this coming weekend at Prescott Hill Climb.

If you fancy joining us on the VOE7 Trip next year let me know fast as officially entries are now closed, but I might be able to squeeze you in if others cancel.

Welcome, Mark :)[/QUOTE]

Fatboy 18
10-01-2019, 05:30 PM
Check your "Inbox" on here, just sent you a private message. :)

Ginja
10-07-2019, 04:13 AM
Morning guys - hope everyone is well. :drive:
Just joined a couple of days ago and in haste whacked a "hi" straight on the main newbie board without checking regions.
Delighted to tick the viper box - has been an itch i have been looking to scratch for years after standing next to a brand new one in a bournemouth dealer way back in 2004 .... with 3 young kids back then we left with a chrysler voyager much to my disgust !!:t0122: now they are all at uni it's 2 seatrer time !
Previously very much a petrol head with god knows how many cars over the years Nissan GTR's 33, 34 and 35, Porsche GT2 & GT3RS and a Gallardo Superleggera. All the toys were sold when we moved house a few years ago and only had the caterham left which i used to race for a few years. Finally some cash back in the bank account and it had to be the viper.
Hard to explain but within minutes it has fast become my favourite ever car to be honest ... i'm an old fart who loves noise, smell and a bit of drama or potential drama so it just ticks every box - i'm nearly deaf as have constantly driven it with the window open and blimey even the wife loves it as well .... :)

It's had a fair bit of upgrade work completed previously which is great so far less tinkering for me to do and time to enjoy it

We are in Weymouth and be great to catch up with you all at future events - cheers John

p.s sorry about the photos ... no idea how to get them the right way up !40097

If the car you stood next to in Bournemouth was a white SRT-10, I now own that car. And I also know the original owner (and builder) of the RSI car. He is now a McLaren owner. Congrats on joining the club!

jbebit
10-07-2019, 08:41 AM
Hi it was indeed white - small world !
Many thanks and be great to catch up at some stage

If the car you stood next to in Bournemouth was a white SRT-10, I now own that car. And I also know the original owner (and builder) of the RSI car. He is now a McLaren owner. Congrats on joining the club!

JonB ~ PartsRack
10-07-2019, 01:52 PM
V10 SUX: [ sux petrol??? ]

Vipers are, indeed a "Small World"... Consider this Fact:

GM builds more Corvettes in One Year, than Viper's entire 25 YEARS of total production!

Welcome to the wacky world. [Where FatBoy prob knows more about your car than you do! ]

PS.....you could probably benefit from more front downforce......2 or even 4 canards?

jbebit
10-09-2019, 07:52 AM
Canards on their way :-)

Fatboy 18
10-09-2019, 02:39 PM
John, reach out to Mark (Ginja). Sadly Sam has not replied to any emails :(

jbebit
10-10-2019, 04:49 AM
No worries and have just sent Mark a mail

VIPER BAZ UK
01-23-2020, 03:54 AM
I sent on Sams No so they can chat