PDA

View Full Version : Barrett Jackson Las Vegas 2017 Vipers

Scott_in_fl
09-05-2019, 03:02 PM
BJ is advertising that two "very special" Gen V's are coming up for auction in Las Vegas Oct 3-5. As always, it is fun/interesting to see the enthusiasm these auctions generate.

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Media/Home/Reader/low-mileage-2017-dodge-vipers-for-sale-las-vegas-auction/?utm_source=website&utm_medium=eblast&utm_campaign=LV19&utm_term=article&utm_content=09052019

City
09-05-2019, 04:00 PM
Not really anything "special" about these cars. Perhaps other than they were built near to the end of the production run.

Maybe I've missed something?

ViperGeorge
09-05-2019, 04:58 PM
They are also auctioning off Motorsports Park Hastings (Nebraska) at no reserve. This is where the Viper Rendezvous has been held for like the last 10 years.

serpent
09-05-2019, 07:24 PM
the #1 of 93 Orange TA in illinois would probably be sold at asking price of $200k if it was at this auction.
Vin ends in 20001 and has 9 miles.

commandomatt
09-05-2019, 07:37 PM
Not really anything "special" about these cars.

Maybe I've missed something?

Yes....you missed the fact that ALL Vipers are special :United_States:

SharpMan
09-06-2019, 11:17 AM
Now if that was a REAL ACR...

Bryan Savage
09-06-2019, 11:30 AM
For the archives...

1C3BDEDZ8HV500834
"...with 395 actual miles since new..."

1C3BDEDZ9HV500826
"This Viper has less than 20 actual miles."

Arizona Vipers
09-06-2019, 11:45 AM
They are also auctioning off Motorsports Park Hastings (Nebraska) at no reserve. This is where the Viper Rendezvous has been held for like the last 10 years.

Really? I wonder if that will affect next years Rendezvous. Maybe Fursty can chime in

Ogme042
09-06-2019, 07:05 PM
MPH is being auctioned off, but I don’t think by Barrett-Jackson. It is on Ruhter Auctions website.

https://ruhterauction.com/listings/auctions/937-mph-race-track-auction-october-9th.

Hard to say what will happen with events until the new owners take over, but I believe VR is already booked for next year. I understand George is going stay around to help the new owners get things going.

Hope it all works out well. Can’t afford to lose another track after RPM (raceway park of midlands) went under water (literally) earlier this year. RPM is back up an running though. Went there last week.

ViperGeorge
09-06-2019, 11:37 PM
MPH is being auctioned off, but I don’t think by Barrett-Jackson. It is on Ruhter Auctions website.

https://ruhterauction.com/listings/auctions/937-mph-race-track-auction-october-9th.

Hard to say what will happen with events until the new owners take over, but I believe VR is already booked for next year. I understand George is going stay around to help the new owners get things going.

Hope it all works out well. Can’t afford to lose another track after RPM (raceway park of midlands) went under water (literally) earlier this year. RPM is back up an running though. Went there last week.

It was George that told me it was being listed at BJ, maybe they changed plans.

SilverACR
09-07-2019, 12:00 AM

Fursty!!! Chime in here bud! I have to assume this could potentially affect registration here in a couple months.

SilverACR
09-07-2019, 12:02 AM

I thought RPM was also for sale before the flood.

Ogme042
09-07-2019, 06:51 AM
I thought RPM was also for sale before the flood.
RPM is always for sale. LOL. They are working very hard to get it going again. Many volunteers have been there over the past few months and the place actually looks pretty good, considering what happened.

13COBRA
09-07-2019, 09:09 AM
The sad, and very unfortunate truth of racetracks are that they are extremely expensive to maintain. Without a slew of LARGE events throughout the year, it's hard to keep the lights on, let alone account for resurfacing, etc.

Hastings is close to needing another repave and RPM is about 5 years past needing it.

Bill Pemberton
09-07-2019, 10:01 AM
At present I would imagine the Viper Rendezvous would be held, as the buildings and some other structures at the track are not for sale, they are privately owned. The idea of the Auction is more to enable someone to come in and have the day to day say, scheduling, maintenance, profit and control of the track facilities. The track has done reasonably well compared to many tracks like it, but there were alot of owners and some would like to move on. I am pretty confident , as a Guardrail Club member, and since Woodhouse Auto Family has been a co-sponsor of the event since inception, that the track will continue as in the past and possibly get more improvements with the infusion of new money and a new owner. I would imagine George Anderson would still be there to help , if only to advise any new owner, as he has been instrumental in building and growing the track!

The track runs NASA, WRL, Vintage, PCA and other events , along with member days and special events like the Viper Rendezvous and the Mustang Roundup ( both of which Woodhouse Auto Family sponsor). There has been a special Corvette event most years, though the death of the owner of the sponsoring Dealership has cancelled of late, but rumor is there is already an event being planned for 2020. I know, personally, that local SCCA Regions are likely to sponsor an event in 2020, so the schedule will be rather full , as it has been almost every year .

SilverACR
09-07-2019, 10:27 PM
Bill, you would be a great owner:)

catwood
09-07-2019, 10:56 PM
Now if that was a REAL ACR...

I know, it would be double

Bill Pemberton
09-08-2019, 07:57 AM
Thanks Silver ACR, but I am in that wanderlust stage of life where I want to hit tracks all over the US -- and maybe even Canada?

Bruce H.
09-08-2019, 10:40 AM
Thanks Silver ACR, but I am in that wanderlust stage of life where I want to hit tracks all over the US -- and maybe even Canada?

Canada eh? Head due east, cross the border at Detroit and do Mosport (Canadian Tire Motorsport Park) Grand Prix track just east of Toronto. Then eastward again and into Quebec to Le Circuit Mont Tremblant. Then south and back into the US and a little west to Watkin's Glen in New York. Then west again to PittRace near Pittsburg, and west again to Mid-Ohio. And if you haven't done Road America or Gingerman you could probably hit them up at the beginning.

And if you're driving your Viper and not towing I'd suggest you could strap on a set of Corsas and have a great day at Mosport, Tremblant, Watkin's Glen, Pittrace... and Mid-Ohio if you haven't been trying to set track records! ;):Canada::):drive:

And I'm just 45 minutes from Mosport and Deb and I can put you up in 5 star luxury!