PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Solomon Dodge in Brownsville PA

gage
03-06-2014, 09:57 AM
Hey VOA members!

I have recently moved to SW Pennsylvania from Texas! Once the weather clears I would like to get my 97 GTS serviced. Nothing major, just fluid changes. Seems many recommended Eddy in Youngstown but does anyone here have experience with Solomon in Brownsville? Looks like they service Vipers (and sell them). I just want to ask the group if they have any positive or negative interactions with them. Brownsville is 20min away from me whereas Eddy is 2.5hrs ;)

Thanks for your time and look forward to the responses!

PittsburghRT
03-10-2014, 11:36 AM
I'm about 30 minutes away and never considered them for service. I cannot see how they would have any experience servicing vipers. I personally wouldn't take my car there.

gage
03-10-2014, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the update PittsburghRT :) Do you use Eddy in Youngstown or another service station?

PittsburghRT
03-10-2014, 08:41 PM
All of my mechanical work has been done by Tators in New York (Far...about an 8 hour drive). Fluid changes I do myself. Honestly, I do not know of any dealers in the Pittsburgh area that I would trust a viper with. There are not many of these cars around and I don't think they have the experience. I do not know anything about the place in Youngstown, but if other members deal with them and recommend, then it would be worth the 2 hour (guessing) drive.

gage
03-10-2014, 10:49 PM
Excellent! Thanks again for your information. I will admit it's a different car scene than I came from in Austin :)

PittsburghRT
03-11-2014, 08:08 PM
Excellent! Thanks again for your information. I will admit it's a different car scene than I came from in Austin :)

No problem. Yes, PA weather sucks and so does its car scene. I would love to move out west someday.

gage
03-11-2014, 11:24 PM
I can recommend it! I moved back for family but am glad I was able to spend the time I did in Texas. I prefer the four seasons and lack of scorpions up north though ;)

FrankBarba
03-12-2014, 08:51 PM
Someone should be able to put you in touch with Rege Kort.
He's a good guy up in Pittsburg he should be able to help with your needs.