PDA

View Full Version : Non Viper related Enduro racing

catwood
08-20-2019, 02:05 PM
I have a 944 NASA spec racer that I was thinking of selling. A buddy pitched the idea of me keeping it but have he and two others could buy in and go racing with Luckydog and the new NASA enduro series that doesn't require a race license. We'd probably also do a "guest" driver budget for some folks when we all couldn't make it.

We are still looking at the overall budget but it's pretty cheap to run overall. Figure each owner would have to pitch in $2K to buy into the car the only costs would be fuel, tires, maintenance and repairs. Tires are under $1K for a set and should go one enduro race. Being no contact body repairs would be minimal. Fuel probably $100. Overall maintenance should be about $100/hr perhaps less over time. So if the budget is true for under $500 per person plus entry fees it could be a pretty cheap way to go fender to fender. These cars are easy to fix and pretty quick for 138 WHP. They corner and brake very well.

So I talked to a couple of SoCal viper guys who expressed some interest but I'm putting it out there if anyone is really interested. If so, contact me and I'll put you on the email distribution as we work out the details. We most likely will run a different "guest" program but the hourly rate would be more.

Should be a blast and save your viper for the fun track days.

FrankBarba
08-20-2019, 05:26 PM
Why not purchase, maintain and rent the seats?

catwood
08-20-2019, 07:05 PM
Why not purchase, maintain and rent the seats?

I own it now. I don't have the room and would sell it outright. My buddy up the street wants to do the enduro thing. I'm mildly interested if he can find another place to store and and we sell 2 other positions. I have some folks as a maybe.

XSnake
08-22-2019, 06:43 AM
It's a blast. I've been driving my enduro cars more than the X lately. We own a couple. Drive one and rent the other out. Get some Viper guys together and clean house.