PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Gts Alarm question

jjfne
03-04-2014, 08:32 PM
I can unlock and lock the doors with the remote, but when it locks the horn honks once and the led for the alarm doesn't blink, and you can open the door and no alarm sounds.. ANY SUGGESTIONS

Snake
03-04-2014, 08:58 PM
alarm reset your in your center console compartment at the top requires your car key put it in & turn. set alarm open rear hatch with your key alarm should go off open door with emergency pull go to compartment go to alarm reset & turn

jjfne
03-04-2014, 09:43 PM
alarm reset your in your center console compartment at the top requires your car key put it in & turn. set alarm open rear hatch with your key alarm should go off open door with emergency pull go to compartment go to alarm reset & turn

Thanks.. Ill try that tomorrow after work. I didn't even know there was a key slot there.. Is that its sole purpose of the key slot?

DrTaco
03-04-2014, 10:19 PM
If ^ that doesnt work check and see if the yellow LEDs in the door handles are turning off (after about 30 secs). If they are NOT going off post back here.

jjfne
03-05-2014, 08:35 PM

SNAKE... You are the MAN!!! Alarm works now>>>>Thanks SO much for the post..It just needed to be reset...

Snake
03-06-2014, 06:39 PM
your welcome!

CottonMouth
03-23-2014, 09:20 AM
My alarm system on my 98' GTS is showing the same symptoms. I tried the suggestions above with no luck. The LEDS on the door locks DO turn off after roughly 40 seconds of no activity. I can lock and unlock the car with the key FOB just fine. If I lock the car using the key FOB then open the rear hatch with the key, or leave the drivers window down and open the door using the emergency handle, the alarm doesn't do anything. I tried the reset in the console to no avail. Any other ideas on how I might fix this? Thanks.

RTTTTed
04-19-2014, 11:08 AM
Sometime the alarm module goes bad and needs replacement. PartsRack.com sells them cheaper. The EEM is mounted under the steering column, remove the knee bolster and then the metal plate. Box is there and usually held in place with a rubber band.

CottonMouth
05-19-2014, 07:20 PM
Bump for this thread. My car had the same symptoms as the OP's car and it turned out to be the switch for the hatch glass wasn't adjusted properly. Per Chuck Tator, I tested and adjusted the hood ajar switch first as this is the most common switch to fail. After eliminating that switch as the culprit, I checked the hatch glass switch and discovered it was set to far down to be engaged by the strut body. A quick adjustment and now the alarm works as it should. BIG THANKS to Chuck Tator for the always helpful information! :)