PDA

View Full Version : Issues in transporting a Canadian viper to the US

William craun
06-18-2019, 06:51 AM
I am considering buying a Viper in Canada& transporting to the US. I was wondering if anyone here has done that and what was involved regarding the updating of emissions requirements, paperwork or anything else I should know. Thanks

kblake905
06-18-2019, 09:15 PM
I understand the speedometer face plate needs to be changed to be predominant in miles, as well as the odometer has to be changed from kilometers to miles.
Emissions should be the same, not sure about California?

parabs
06-18-2019, 10:16 PM
I’ve imported vehicles from the US to Canada. American dealers can be found in Canada. These dealers are paying cash for our CDN vehicles and shipping them south, usually Texas I understand.

For export, the vehicles must have their recalls complete and emissions systems intact/functional. I do not believe the speedometer needs to be changed, most vehicles have both mph/kph on the speedo’s or they can be digitally switched between the two.

puma
06-19-2019, 06:55 AM
https://www.ezbordercrossing.com/the-inspection-experience/import-a-vehicle/importing-vehicle-from-canada/

LATAMUD
06-21-2019, 12:11 AM
If you/anyone has an unwanted KPH Gen3/4 Speedo face, I'll trade it for a MPH face. I'm in Kuwait for a few years and it's annoying having to look at the little numbers and split dashes etc.