PDA

View Full Version : What do I use to clean the dash gen1 5

Lalmeida617
06-09-2019, 06:15 AM
Hi guys this is my first post in this section. What do you guys use to clean the Early Gen dashes? Mine is a 96 and of coarse black. I am afraid to touch it never mind clean it lol. They get kind of a sticky feel I guess you could say. The previous owner was big on all those shiny products, it makes everything look greasy yuk. What’s out there to clean the dash that will leave it looking factory fresh. Thanks.

Junkman2008
06-10-2019, 01:18 PM
The fact that it is sticky is a bad sign. That could be one of two things. Either the glue is seeping through the dash or you have a build up of chemicals on the dash. Question 1: When you wipe it with a DRY, WHITE cloth, does anything appear on the cloth?

Lalmeida617
06-11-2019, 04:18 PM
The fact that it is sticky is a bad sign. That could be one of two things. Either the glue is seeping through the dash or you have a build up of chemicals on the dash. Question 1: When you wipe it with a DRY, WHITE cloth, does anything appear on the cloth?

I don’t know as I am afraid to touch it lol. I will try and get back to you. I shouldn’t say sticky. It’s more greasy maybe. Probably from the previous owners cleaning products. The whole inside was shiny and greasy looking.

Racngrn
06-12-2019, 10:52 AM
I have used Meguiars Natural Shine for years on various cars. Very low gloss and protects for a long time. I have used this on the GTS and it looks great. No greasy look or feel. Worth a try or look. Steve

Lalmeida617
06-12-2019, 06:07 PM

Ok Junk I lightly wiped it. It felt dry. It is smooth not sticky and the cloth only had dust.

Junkman2008
06-12-2019, 07:59 PM
Good. DON'T USE ANY DETERGENT TO CLEAN IT.
From now on, only use something like detail spray to wipe it down. 303 Aerospace is a good product to use but READ THE LABEL on using it. If you keep it wiped down, dirt won't collect on it.

dreamcarviper
06-13-2019, 07:21 PM
NextZett Cockpit works well

USAFPILOT
06-15-2019, 05:28 PM
I've always liked Mothers VLR

Matt Dillon
08-22-2020, 12:54 AM
Whatever happened to this guy? :)