PDA

View Full Version : AC Repair Shop Recommendation in Vegas

GTS_Mann
05-19-2019, 04:46 PM
Hey all, still new to my 97 GTS and still new to Las Vegas as well. The AC needs to be recharged (hopefully that’s all). I would love to tackle it myself and planned to including replacing O-rings but I simply don’t have the time or room in the garage (moving into a new house) to do it before the real heat of summer hits and I’d love to still drive it with at least some AC. I know if it’s leaking a recharge is just a bandaid but I don’t really have a choice at this point. So does anyone know and can recommend a shop before I resort to the Google to find one? Thanks, Mike

Steve-Indy
05-19-2019, 05:05 PM
There are plenty of Viper owners in AZ. You might want to reach out to them for a recommendation.

As the car sounds new to you, I would consider recharging it on my on using a large can of R-134a (with dye) purchased from an auto parts store. Get one with a gauge on it. Follow directions, then check to see if Schrader valves in high and low pressure ports are competent...I use the spit-on-the-finger test. Keep track of date, see how long the recharge lasts, then see competent Viper-aware tech for an inspection...noting the dye should help identify any leaks. Once repaired, a proper recovery and recharge should make life more pleasant.