PDA

View Full Version : Check out the new Nano Coatings for the ulitimate in paint protection.

Newport Viper
02-28-2014, 06:39 PM
I had one installed on my car and it's awesome. ( Ceramic Pro )

Really check into these coatings if you are keeping your car long term or getting a new Gen V.

Waxing has gone the way of the 8 track tape....

Check out this thread and what a few VOA members had to say.

http://driveviper.com/forums/threads/2106-New-SoCal-Sponsor-Eco-Luxury-Detail?p=35731#post35731

Find a local installer/detailer near you. (PS you should do paint correction/buffing first)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qAzU3V-OtJHlPVRM9OvQ9iP722yFDnBHbXKGtRlLRFo/edit?pli=1

Better living through chemistry.. :car-smiley-003:

J TNT
02-28-2014, 06:40 PM
Would like to hear the Junkmans take on this ! :)

Newport Viper
02-28-2014, 06:43 PM
Click on the links in the Google doc. There is some fun stuff in there.

If you are an Engineer have fun here on why these exist > https://ammtiac.alionscience.com/pdf/AMPQ6_1ART05.pdf

FLATOUT
02-28-2014, 07:30 PM
Would like to hear the Junkmans take on this ! :)

LOL just go on to one the the major pro detailing forums and take their word for it. I'm thinking about having this done to my ACR.

KRATEDISEASE
02-28-2014, 09:53 PM
Will this stuff work on my wifes Boobs ?

I want to preserve them more than the paint on my Viper.

Anonymous
03-01-2014, 04:53 PM
I think the results are inflated! Haha!

VYPR BYT
03-01-2014, 05:08 PM
Very interesting... forget the "good ol'e days", I'm loving modern tech these days!

Newport Viper
03-01-2014, 06:53 PM
LOL just go on to one the the major pro detailing forums and take their word for it. I'm thinking about having this done to my ACR.

Lots "online" detailers are afraid of this stuff. It is a one and done situation for a year plus, plus, plus. It takes their "expertise" away. They can't keep charging you for paint correction (buffing) anymore. Best they can get out of you is a wash after that.

Sybil TF
03-02-2014, 09:34 AM
Will this stuff work on my wifes Boobs ?

I want to preserve them more than the paint on my Viper.Really?

If someone actually uses this post the results. Getting my front fascia repainted soon.

AZTVR
03-02-2014, 12:51 PM
Really?
( I think that his wife really only actually has one boob to put up with, if you catch my drift. :D )

Sybil TF
03-02-2014, 07:20 PM
( I think that his wife really only actually has one boob to put up with, if you catch my drift. :D ):smilielol:

Space Truckin
03-10-2014, 08:29 PM
I have been penciled in/ scheduled for Wednesday 3/19/2014, by Knick of Eco Luxury Detail for the Stryker Fully Protected Ceramic Pro Pkg. Will post thoughts and impressions after pick up :eek:

eric@thompsonracing.us
03-13-2014, 08:23 PM
Neat technology! I have heard a lot of good things about the auto coatings!

The pharma company I work for manufactured the first nanoparticle in the pharma industry over 15 years ago. This technology has been around a while, which is good because it is tried and tested.

Viper Girl
04-01-2014, 01:27 PM
I have been penciled in/ scheduled for Wednesday 3/19/2014, by Knick of Eco Luxury Detail for the Stryker Fully Protected Ceramic Pro Pkg. Will post thoughts and impressions after pick up :eek:
Did you get this done? If so how do you like it??

C5Longhorn
03-20-2015, 08:28 PM
Has anyone else had this done since this thread?

Space Truckin
03-20-2015, 11:15 PM
Had it done, absolutely stunning a year later :)

C5Longhorn
03-22-2015, 04:10 PM
Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear it still looks great.

FranciscoFL
07-13-2015, 08:16 AM
Protective Coating (Glass Coating or Ceramic coatings) are the real deal. Never wax again is legit.

CeramicPro is a great coating 9H and light as a topper. We still prefer Modesta Glass coating over CP but it's all about protecting the car (paint) for years to come. Unlike waxes or sealants which only last months these coatings last years and are more light scratch or swirl mark resistante, self cleaning effects and glossy. All it takes is proper washing and maintenance of course. Worth every penny. A prep polishing is crucial to make sure the paint is flawless.

We use Modesta in Fl and we even use I infrared curing lamps to cure the coating. We also carry CeramicPro at a more affordable price since Modesta is the flagship.

AM.MSCL
07-13-2015, 08:48 AM
We had the CP 9H applied to our Aston Martin and after a year the car was still great. We have it on our 14 GTS Viper and looks great also.
The nice thing is bugs and road grim wash off real quick; drying the car is easy also.

repiV
07-13-2015, 01:30 PM
Anyone know of a place in the Midwest that does this?

Viper Girl
07-13-2015, 01:33 PM
On a black car I have to say I'm not as impressed as everyone else is... I'm not sure if it was the installer or that the GTS is black, the coating was also installed on the Jag F-type near the same time. Neither car looks stunning...

I don't think I would do this coating again. Its just not that great IMO

Steve M
07-13-2015, 02:01 PM
In my experience, the last step product just doesn't have as much impact on the final results as people would like you to believe. Kinda reminds me of the Zaino craze back in the early 2000s...people swore up and down that it was the best thing ever, but I wasn't all that impressed.

Prep work is the key - if that isn't right, then you won't get the results you are after. I have a feeling that might be the underlying issue here.

FranciscoFL
07-14-2015, 08:00 AM
On a black car I have to say I'm not as impressed as everyone else is... I'm not sure if it was the installer or that the GTS is black, the coating was also installed on the Jag F-type near the same time. Neither car looks stunning...

I don't think I would do this coating again. Its just not that great IMO

Prep is key. Black and white colored vehicles aren't the easiest at all.

Polishing the vehicle to perfection is not just going after the swirls but adding more gloss to the finish for a black car is a must and specially on a white vehicle since you can easily loose the gloss due to being s light colored car.

We hear people saying that polishing isn't necessary and that's wrong. It's super necessary ans we know that for a fact before installing any coating.

Also it's very important that once all the polishing is complete that an IPA (removal of oils from the polishing service) is removed , basically making sure that once the coating is to be applied to the paint it will bond to it. We have seen a lot of non credited detailers skipping this step thus affecting the coating in terms of durability, gloss and bonding.

Researching is key, ask them questions about it and look them up on other forums for before and after.

Also the most important, maintainance is key. No no drive ins to a CarWash or a bad hand car wash either all this over time will start adding light swirl marks back to the coating.

Every 6 months or so a maintenance for the coating should be applied which is very important.

Sorry you didn't have the same results. Who performed your car?

Viper Girl
07-14-2015, 02:33 PM
The installer was recommended by the Ceramic Pro company... They even sent up a person from San Diego to film the install of the product.

Actually I'm really not happy with the product... We coulda put a ton of wax on these cars for what was charged.

FranciscoFL
07-15-2015, 10:17 AM
The installer was recommended by the Ceramic Pro company... They even sent up a person from San Diego to film the install of the product.

Actually I'm really not happy with the product... We coulda put a ton of wax on these cars for what was charged.

Best thing you can do, he is the best in San Diego and no he doesn't use Ceramic Pro but Modesta Glass coating, way better. Give him a call his name is Tim owner of Adonis Detail premiere in Clear bra and Modesta installs. I would definitely have him take a look at your car and perhaps he will see wether it was a good install or not. One of the problems I see with Ceramic Coatings, there are way too many installers and when this coating came out, CP were eager to get anybody on board fast as possible, thus compromising quality. If that is a issue with your coating, Tim will let you know.

http://www.adonisdetail.com

MonsterCoatings
09-03-2016, 10:01 PM
ViperGirl the comments are correct. I have been doing PPF and wraps for 20+ years and industrial coatings for 30. Prep is the key to any successful job and can be a substantial portion of the cost. You want it to look like new it has to be brought back to new. This takes time and each car is different. We only quote after the car comes down because the price could be hundreds of dollars different than a generic phone quote which may be good for your daily beater, but you definitely get what you pay for from any good detailer. As they say garbage in garbage out. Do some research and ask around anybody that's worth it probably has a decent following.

Junkman2008
09-04-2016, 04:01 AM
Damn this is an old thread.