PDA

View Full Version : Gen 3 Autoform Coupe Rear End

Nightshade199
04-10-2019, 10:15 AM
Hey everyone. I used to have a 1998 GTS that I sold back in January due to being given an offer I couldn't refuse. However, I already can't stand not having a Viper, so it's time to get another one. I've been thinking about going for a Gen 3 this time, and I saw this rear end applique from Autoform that makes it look like the coupe. I was wondering if anyone here has tried this thing out, and what are your thoughts on it if so?

http://www.autoformgroup.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=294&virtuemart_category_id=56&Itemid=9999

J TNT
04-10-2019, 12:08 PM
I’ve seen it and looks good. Steve does Top Tier work and is a true Viper enthusiast . If you get out to WDC you’ll probably see one there .

LATAMUD
04-10-2019, 03:10 PM
I bought a kit for both of my verts, 03/06. I love it! I own 2 coupes also and was going to do a do it myself coupe rear conversion but Steve’s kit came up so jumped on it. I was home briefly last month and installed one of the kits on my orange 2006. It’s actually Slate Crystal Pearl with silver stripes but car has an orange wrap that I want to keep. Had Steve paint this kit to match the car underneath and had planned to wrap the kit but ran out of time. I’ll try to post some photos of the mock up. Still need to shift them around a little, I stuck them on and realized I was not centered so will have to try again with new 3m 2 sided tape. Also, the red wheels are intended for my green car, long story, some cars run some tires are better than others etc.

I think the contrast colors give you a perfect idea of what you’re getting. Paint is flawless.

Nightshade199
04-10-2019, 03:30 PM
I bought a kit for both of my verts, 03/06. I love it! I own 2 coupes also and was going to do a do it myself coupe rear conversion but Steve’s kit came up so jumped on it. I was home briefly last month and installed one of the kits on my orange 2006. It’s actually Slate Crystal Pearl with silver stripes but car has an orange wrap that I want to keep. Had Steve paint this kit to match the car underneath and had planned to wrap the kit but ran out of time. I’ll try to post some photos of the mock up. Still need to shift them around a little, I stuck them on and realized I was not centered so will have to try again with new 3m 2 sided tape. Also, the red wheels are intended for my green car, long story, some cars run some tires are better than others etc.

I think the contrast colors give you a perfect idea of what you’re getting. Paint is flawless.

Yeah, that looks so much more aggressive and eye-catching compared to the standard convertible rear end, and is priced very well from what I've seen. I'll gladly throw down 2800 bucks to have the car transformed like that.

LATAMUD
04-10-2019, 04:42 PM
Yeah, that looks so much more aggressive and eye-catching compared to the standard convertible rear end, and is priced very well from what I've seen. I'll gladly throw down 2800 bucks to have the car transformed like that.

Right, I actually bought the first 2 kits, or the first one and a few weeks later jumped in for another kit for the orange car. I was thinking originally to sell the orange car and this kit would bring added value, help the sale and then some...but I’m digging it! My tuner has the orange car now, will be Twin Turbo in a few months, probably going to have to keep it now.

viperBase1
04-11-2019, 09:04 AM
A recent Viper/Autoform video posted by VinWiki.

https://youtu.be/99p36-6VZwU