PDA

View Full Version : Curious

Double0fox
02-27-2014, 10:23 PM
Jon, while browsing your website I see this "sunset items" listed. I have to admit my curiosity is peaked. What are sunset items?

JonB ~ PartsRack
03-01-2014, 02:20 PM
We use that term for miscellaneous discontinued 'collectibles' that we don't feature. We call them all "sunset items" or "Museum Items." Essentially trivia items. DOO-DADS!

For example, we probably have 20-30 things Blue/White/Gen2GTS related!

On occasion, a passionate owner or a gift-mined spouse wants MORE than just the average accessory. Awareness comes from chatting with owners. Some want 'anything and everything related to my year-model."

Example: PartsRack purchased the closed-out inventory of the CAAP Employee Store in 2007 and again in 2010. From its inception, PartsRack was the # 1 customer in total $$$ spent at that CAAP store, and I even helped them develop products since back in 1997. The MCVOA was # 2, due in large part because 'she' SMW was store manger for years! !

And you wont find ANY of that CAAP stuff on our site. Prowler stuff too!

My accountant badgers me to "SELL EVERYTHING, You are Not running a museum."

Thanks for asking..... We have a LOT of doo-dads!

Double0fox
03-01-2014, 02:54 PM
Jon do you have a store front? I say this cause only being a short drive away I would love to come check out some of this stuff sometime.

JonB ~ PartsRack
03-13-2014, 04:23 PM
We did have a Washougal depot / office for 10+ years, but no longer do.Anchor tenant lost their lease. So its hard to browse stuff all in OEM boxes ! Thanks for asking.... you can stop by and see waterfalls and bald eagles tho...