PDA

View Full Version : 2017 ACR Pricing MSRP fair mark up

M5toViper
03-27-2019, 02:34 PM
What is the going rate for a [virtually] new 2017 with MSRP at 95+48k in options? I see some on autotrader for 159-190k. What would think a fair mark up would be? Thanks!

ViperGeorge
03-27-2019, 02:39 PM
What is the going rate for a [virtually] new 2017 with MSRP at 95+48k in options? I see some on autotrader for 159-190k. What would think a fair mark up would be? Thanks!

That depends on the specifics. GTS-Rs, ACR/TAs have held their value pretty well. Some others maybe not. Depends on color and other options.

Martin
03-27-2019, 03:21 PM
That depends on the specifics. GTS-Rs, ACR/TAs have held their value pretty well. Some others maybe not. Depends on color and other options.

This ^^^^ If you find one that is a color you like and optioned the way you like, and you're buying from a dealer that has had it sitting unsold since new, I'd expect to pay a reasonable premium over MSRP (maybe 5 - 10% tops). If it's from a private seller, MSRP minus the stupid gas-guzzler tax that was originally paid when the car was new is probably fair. I know this will start a war between the "it's overpriced" and "it's underpriced" crowd, but it really depends on what you want and how the car is optioned out.

Personally, and this is just my opinion, if the car is a base model with a ton of options and isn't an ACR or TA, I'd be negotiating the price down. If it's an ACR or TA, then I'd be overjoyed to get it at MSRP if it's basically new. Your mileage may vary - if it's the exact car you want, just grab it and don't fret over a few dollars. If you're going to keep it for a long time, those dollars are going to be long forgotten. If it's not the car you really want, look around and find the car you want because you're the one that's either going to love it or just like it.

dewilmoth
03-27-2019, 06:20 PM
There’s not very many for sale in general. The 3 carbon options are a must IMO, and those are tough to find. The lack of iventory means if you really want a car, it’s probably gonna cost you for a clean no stories car, and as said before, you’ll forget about the price in no time.

M5toViper
03-27-2019, 10:28 PM
Thank you for the ideas!!

Bill Pemberton
03-28-2019, 07:19 AM
Keep in mind that what one individual finds valuable , another does not, so it is always important to keep your own desires at the forefront. There are some models that will likely bring pretty good money , and most will be ACRs or TAs ( 1 of 1 ACRs and regular ACRs, TA and TA Option group cars ), though limited editions models will also hold appeal to quite a few ( Launch Editions, Carbon Editions, Stryker Red models , just to name some). So get what you want and enjoy it, as regardless of what you acquire you will belong to a very, very , very small group of special enthusiasts who own this low volume supercar!

RedTanRT/10
03-28-2019, 07:37 AM

Are you a buyer or seller?

ACRSNK
03-28-2019, 09:07 AM
Most ACR's are hovering around MSRP, or more. Really low mile cars are well over MSRP for the most part. SE cars are still well above MSRP and some of the more unique 1of1 ACR's are brining all the money. Stryker Green & Stryker Purple cars seem to command a premium just because the color is so bad ass!

As asked above, are you buying or selling?