PDA

View Full Version : Vendor posts

ViperSmith
02-27-2014, 08:05 PM
I noticed that Bad Boyz post in the Gen V forum was moved to their vendor forum.

While I agree with the sentiment that this site shouldn't turn into 6speedonline where 90% of the posts started are by vendors, it would be nice if there were a tacked thread of mods for possibly each generation? (I started one in the Gen V forum)

Not so much as a benefit for the vendors, but from a owner perspective I'd like to have a consolidated place to find add ons.

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE
02-28-2014, 02:17 AM
I noticed that Bad Boyz post in the Gen V forum was moved to their vendor forum.

While I agree with the sentiment that this site shouldn't turn into 6speedonline where 90% of the posts started are by vendors, it would be nice if there were a tacked thread of mods for possibly each generation? (I started one in the Gen V forum)

Not so much as a benefit for the vendors, but from a owner perspective I'd like to have a consolidated place to find add ons.

My thread was moved without my knowledge and would prefer that the BBG G5 Competition Clutch kit thread stay in G5 area because thats exactly what it is, a G5 topic. Also there is nothing on sponsor part of FORUMS that states active or latest threads. Reviewing the G5 forum it appears not all or any vendors threads have been moved as well..

Interesting move without explanation..?? Please contact me directly and explain please!!

Thnx
BAD BOYZZ GARAGE
Toddy

plumcrazy
02-28-2014, 04:11 AM
toddy, i sent you a PM when i did it. ill send you another one now

Nine Ball
02-28-2014, 06:07 AM
Sponsor-specific forums are a waste of space on any forum. Nobody visits those. I'd rather see the posts placed in the proper technical forum, related to the equipment being discussed. Unveiling a product isn't the same thing as posting a sale ad.

http://driveviper.com/forums/forums/82-Sponsoring-Vendors

Ghost town. 25 forums and 10 total threads. When I ran LS1Tech, we had over 150 advertisers - so you can see how those forums wouldn't have worked. This community is much smaller, posts aren't intrusive if they offer products for Viper owners.

ViperSmith
02-28-2014, 07:17 AM
Tony, I think there defiantly is a proper balance. Though I know there is restraint in the Viper vendor community, the ZR1 forum on corvette forum is a perfect example - it is 90% vendor posts of some new product.

Seeing as how little aftermarket support there is so far for the Gen V specifically, I'd prefer a place they can post about their products within that forum. Because if we relegate them to the vendor forums (which no one reads) - it will be mixed with gen 1, 2, 3, 4 stuff and you'll be unable to find it.

City
02-28-2014, 10:42 AM
My thread was moved without my knowledge and would prefer that the BBG G5 Competition Clutch kit thread stay in G5 area because thats exactly what it is, a G5 topic. Also there is nothing on sponsor part of FORUMS that states active or latest threads. Reviewing the G5 forum it appears not all or any vendors threads have been moved as well..

Interesting move without explanation..?? Please contact me directly and explain please!!

Thnx
BAD BOYZZ GARAGE
Toddy
Moving it back Toddy.

KNG SNKE
02-28-2014, 10:53 AM
Sponsor-specific forums are a waste of space on any forum. Nobody visits those. I'd rather see the posts placed in the proper technical forum, related to the equipment being discussed. Unveiling a product isn't the same thing as posting a sale ad.

Ghost town. 25 forums and 10 total threads. When I ran LS1Tech, we had over 150 advertisers - so you can see how those forums wouldn't have worked. This community is much smaller, posts aren't intrusive if they offer products for Viper owners.

Agreed. I recently joined multiple Dodge Ram forums and they have huge vendor page sections. I don't have time to sort through all that crap.

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE
02-28-2014, 10:59 AM
Moving it back Toddy.

Thanks City, I appreciate your professionalism and lighting quick response time!!

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE
Todd Gomez - Owner/Operator

City
02-28-2014, 11:04 AM
Thanks City, I appreciate your professionalism and lighting quick response time!!

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE
Todd Gomez - Owner/Operator
No problem. FYI, Plum would have also done it if he was near a computer. There was no intent with the move. Some vendors ask us to move them so it was more of repetitive mistake. I'm having Plum remove the tip of his left hand pinky for his actions. Moderation is serious business around here! :D

FLATOUT
02-28-2014, 11:25 AM
I agree with Nineball as long as it doesn't turn into Corvette Forum. Sooo much spam on that site that it's almost unreadable sometimes. Viper vendors are few and far between honestly and I really enjoy having them post in and around the rest of us.

City
02-28-2014, 12:04 PM
I agree with Nineball as long as it doesn't turn into Corvette Forum. Sooo much spam on that site that it's almost unreadable sometimes. Viper vendors are few and far between honestly and I really enjoy having them post in and around the rest of us.
That's exactly why we'll never have the same problem as a Corvette forum.

JonB ~ PartsRack
02-28-2014, 12:23 PM
"Vendor Post" thread:

Id like to know what the "Vendor Posting Policy" is.....

As it seems now, a vendor and even non-vendors can post stuff for sale in any/all forums, anytime. OK?

Note: I am OK with little-no policy, Id just like to know what / if there is one.

plumcrazy
02-28-2014, 12:42 PM
Thanks city

City
02-28-2014, 12:55 PM
As it seems now, a vendor and even non-vendors can post stuff for sale in any/all forums, anytime. OK?

Note: I am OK with little-no policy, Id just like to know what / if there is one.
That's absolutely not true Jon. Only sponsors can advertise in the forums. Non commercial individuals can also advertise (to a limited extent) in the forums. The only gray area is in determined commercial vs, non-commercial.

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE
02-28-2014, 01:07 PM
No problem. FYI, Plum would have also done it if he was near a computer. There was no intent with the move. Some vendors ask us to move them so it was more of repetitive mistake. I'm having Plum remove the tip of his left hand pinky for his actions. Moderation is serious business around here! :D

Not repetitive at all City,

Respectfully speaking, our threads are specific "BBG G5 Competition Clutch" in G5 forum as directed and the other thread is "Latest Clutch Options From Bad Boyzz Garage for Your Viper - Buyers Guide" on Viper Parts and Acessories forum, seems to be very clearly stated.

Hypothetically if my post was repetitive, why moved into the Sponsors basement?? Who's idea was this, the complain-tent (vendor) or moderator.. As far as other Vendors complaints, why would another vendor complain about a new G5 performance clutch upgrade? I would not even had noticed this move if not for a G5 owher ViperSmith who created this Thread.

My intentions as a Sponsoring Vendor will be to post threads introducing new BBG products along with fellow vendors who are posting comfortably were viper owners show interest on products and technical advice.

Just wanted to address this issue personally as a business owner, since my first official threads as a Sponsoring Vendor was taken down for no legit reason. Personally I enjoy new products for the Viper nation because its critical to the evolution of our Viper's!!

Thanks for allowing me to voice my concerns and opinion City, Moderators, VOA staff.. Hopefully me taking one for the team will help prevent and limit future issues such as this !!

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE
Todd Gomez - Owner/Operator and ViperNut :United_States:

ACRucrazy
02-28-2014, 01:17 PM

Yep. Waste of space and clutter the forum IMO.

JonB ~ PartsRack
02-28-2014, 01:24 PM
That's absolutely not true Jon.

CITY, what am I missing? It truthfully seems to me that there are no forum restrictions on vendor postings or vendor classifieds, and I cannot find any 'policy.' Im NOT complaining, NOT stirring any pot. Im OK and even happy with that!

I HATED the forced-corralling of sponsors in the past, and fought hard against it.

And IF there IS a policy, please direct me / us. Thank You.

Note to self: "Be Careful What You Ask For"

City
02-28-2014, 01:42 PM
The OP question has been resolved and explained.

"Only sponsors can advertise in the forums. Non commercial individuals can also advertise (to a limited extent) in the forums. The only gray area is in determined commercial vs, non-commercial."