PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know this Viper or the dealer

BWVO
03-11-2019, 08:57 PM
Hello,
Wondering if anyone knows this car? Anyone have an experience with this dealer in Maumee Ohio?

http://www.pricepro.co/vehicle-details/used-2004-dodge-viper-convertible-srt10-maumee-oh-id-24288841

Also, anyone have advice on who in Ohio would be good to use for a PPI?
Thanks!

Mopar'er no car
03-12-2019, 04:54 AM
It looks like a generic CarMax. I will be over that way on WED, Ill stop by and take a look at it. Not really sure on a Shop or individual to PPI it. I wrench on my own stuff so im just not familiar with shops or Viper techs in the area.

quickster2
03-12-2019, 05:43 AM
The ad says it is an automatic. Better look carefully.

RedTanRT/10
03-12-2019, 11:08 AM
Don't know the car or dealer but Arrow (Prefix) might be able to help you. Ad says not only G4 hybrid upgrade but motor was built by Arrow with forged internals. How many black G3 vert's could they have done like that?? and you can give them the vin number for them to look up. that's a killer motor, good luck!! Mike

https://www.prefix.com/performance/

BWVO
03-12-2019, 12:29 PM
Thanks all for the help. Really appreciate it! I will look into contacting Arrow/Prefix.

Mopar'er no car
03-12-2019, 02:10 PM
Don't know the car or dealer but Arrow (Prefix) might be able to help you. Ad says not only G4 hybrid upgrade but motor was built by Arrow with forged internals. How many black G3 vert's could they have done like that?? and you can give them the vin number for them to look up. that's a killer motor, good luck!! Mike

https://www.prefix.com/performance/

I was thinking the same about Arrow. Wonder if records were retained after Prefix Took over...

v10viperbox
03-12-2019, 04:10 PM
That seems to be a lot of money for a Gen III with getting on 20K miles.

SilverACR
03-12-2019, 09:46 PM
Interesting motor. Definitely has G4 heads and some sort of custom intake. If done by arrow it’s a really cool NA build on a G3. I don’t think the price is that bad...

BWVO
03-13-2019, 01:01 PM
I didn't think the price was far off, if in fact all is true with 16K miles.
Emailed Prefix and waiting to hear back.
The intake looks like the Mopar kit sold back in the day of the G3s.
Mopar part number p5156137

Mopar'er no car
03-13-2019, 04:32 PM
Overall car is pretty nice. 2 of the wheels have a bit of road rash. Top didn't appear to have any issues in the fabric. Interior was nice. Under hood was clean. Normal wear on bottom of Rockers. Few marks on front bumper. No real bad rock chips. I do however have a feeling it was painted. It has a slight orange peel im not used to seeing on stock paint Vipers. Its not bad, just noticable if you look for it. I did not have time nor did i ask to test drive it.

Guy i spoke with was Nick Mingione 419 794 5067

The dealership was like a Carmax. Except nicer cars. Lots of German performance sedans. Not much under 30k on their lot.

BWVO
03-13-2019, 04:41 PM
Wow thanks Mopar'er no car! You're a personal shopper!
So do I worry it was wrecked with the possible paint job?
Guess if I go look at it I'll bring a tape measure and check the frame!

Mopar'er no car
03-13-2019, 04:48 PM
Wow thanks Mopar'er no car! You're a personal shopper!
So do I worry it was wrecked with the possible paint job?
Guess if I go look at it I'll bring a tape measure and check the frame!

I dont want to worry you but i did notice it. Ive seen a lot of gen3s and just never seen any kind of peel. Not a deal breaker. I wouldn't have a problem pursuing it.
I tried looking at all panels and the Orange peel was consistent throughout. So maybe it was just repainted due to fade or age?? The batt was dead so i couldn't look for any tell tale repaint signs in the sill area.

How far from Toledo are ya?

BWVO
03-13-2019, 09:14 PM
I'm about 2.5 hours away. Not really going to have time to stop by in the near future.

Mopar'er no car
03-13-2019, 11:19 PM
I'm about 2.5 hours away. Not really going to have time to stop by in the near future.

Scratches head....

Mopar'er no car
03-13-2019, 11:21 PM

Ahhh. So you're just going to have it shipped??

BWVO
03-14-2019, 07:06 AM
No just going to let it slip into to someone else's hands if I don't get up to see it!
I'm a foot dragger and don't part with money well��
I am seriously interested but it's my 1st Viper and I'm going to check some other's also. Just have other time commitments. Really appreciate you checking it out.
If anyone knows of a good place to take it in the area for an inspection that'd give me some confidence.
Thanks again!