PDA

View Full Version : IN/KY VOA Mtg @ 3 PM, Karting 4-7 PM March 8, 2014...

Steve-Indy
02-26-2014, 11:46 AM
IN/KY VOA Meeting @ 3 PM, Karting at FasTimes 4-7 PM March 8, 2014..

All Viper Owners:

In follow-up to our earlier e-mail, we now have 15 folks who have replied that they will be in participating in the proposed go-kart event at FasTimes Indoor Karting. We can accommodate 1-3 MORE racers. The following are the details of the event:

IN/KY VOA March meeting will commence at FasTimes at 3:00 PM EST on Saturday March 8, 2014. The location is 3455 Harper Road, Indianapolis, IN, 46240. This is on EAST 96th street, just east of Keystone Ave (just off the Keystone exit on I-465). The web site is: http://www.ftik.com/

We have reserved the facility for 16 racers, starting at 4pm on March 8th. The club is helping to organize the event but individual members are accountable for the expense. The cost per racer (your expense) will be ~$85 and the event will last approximately 3 hours. For those not interested in racing, the facility has plenty of room for spectators with a balcony overlooking the track area. As per VOA policy, the IN/KY VOA is obtaining a separate rider for this event from the VOA insurer.

The club will not be purchasing food for attendees but there is food available at the facility for purchase.

If you have interest in racing and have not yet replied to fellow member Scott Atkin, please send a note to Scott to confirm your participation...ASAP !!! We can possibly accommodate additional family members that are 18 years of age or older (members will have priority if more than 16 are interested).

Please note the new March meeting time of 3 PM on your calendar and we hope to see you at the facility, either as a racer or a spectator!

SSGNRDZ_28
02-26-2014, 01:28 PM
Is a kart racer required to be a "member" or "owner" for the remaining 1-3 slots?

Steve-Indy
02-27-2014, 07:29 PM
Guests of Members are welcome.

Steve-Indy
03-04-2014, 11:08 AM
IN/KY VOA...Business Meeting at 4:00 PM, Karting 4:30-7:30 PM March 8, 2014...

Please note that the management at FasTimes Indoor Karting CHANGED our time slot (on their own !!!) necessitating that we start our meeting at 4:00 PM EST (instead of the originally published time of 3:00PM)...AND, this will be a SHORT meeting for those in Group #1 of the karting participants. Sorry about this...but, as noted... it was out of our hands.

REMEMBER: The IN/KY VOA Business Meeting will start at 4:00 PM EST

jwolf
03-07-2014, 05:01 PM
See you guys tomorrow.

Steve-Indy
03-11-2014, 12:00 PM
Excellent event, Scott...MANY THANKS for all of your efforts!!

Over 30 folks, including 22 racers!!

See video and photos by Jay Wolf here:

http://driveviper.com/forums/threads/2517-IN-KY-Carting-photos-and-videos

IndyRon
03-11-2014, 03:52 PM
Had a great time. Steve, spoke with Reliable about transporting the Viper. They gave me a great rate. I should have it back in the next 2 weeks.

jwolf
03-12-2014, 07:20 AM
Carmin and I had a great time, Carmin thinks he cracked a rib. I wasn't sore at all but I was very dehydrated. After we left the track we stopped a Famous Dave's to eat then headed to Vincennes. I got home about 11:45 and proceeded to drink 5 bottles of water and was up most all not note the times of the video posts. I thought the video though not great quality, depicted about what we seen as drivers. Congratulations to Jim for winning the event and the honor to serve as our next President.

SSGNRDZ_28
03-12-2014, 07:58 AM
I had a great time everyone, a good way to spend the extended winter months!