PDA

View Full Version : Help.....ABS light staying on???

Jeebs
02-25-2014, 06:00 PM
At the end of last year I had my ABS light come on. I took my car to my buddies that has a good OBDII reader. It does live read out, speed at each wheel, etc. Its not a cheap on. It said my left rear speed sensor was bad. While I was driving it is was reading all over the place. The other three were correct. I replaced it. And I can't get my light to go out. I cleared the fault using the Scan tool. I unplugged the battery a couple times. I have driven the car a bit before I put it away for winter, so it has cycled through a dozen times.
Does anyone have any ideas?

The car is an 02 gts

:confused:

Taylor
02-25-2014, 08:07 PM
What's abs:drive:

Steve-Indy
02-26-2014, 07:06 AM
Was the "Scan tool" a DRB III ?

Jeebs
02-26-2014, 10:30 PM
Was the "Scan tool" a DRB III ?
No I don't believe it was. It was just an OBD2 reader. But not one you would by from autozone.
Whats the DRB3?

LifeIsGood
02-26-2014, 11:07 PM
My ABS light came on once when the brake fluid was a little low...might want to check that.

JonB ~ PartsRack
02-27-2014, 12:22 AM
Are you on OE sized wheels and tires?

Do ensure your tire pressures are exactly the same

Steve-Indy
02-27-2014, 07:20 AM
DRB III (Diagnostic Reader Box III) is a Chrysler tool used to diagnose, service, and program your car's systems.

You may want to consider a trip to a Viper Tech if condition persists.

Suitejudyblueyes
02-27-2014, 10:53 AM
I'd recheck the wire connection at the tone wheel sensor (all four of them if you want to be thorough); simpler is always better!

Jeebs
02-27-2014, 09:07 PM
Brake fluid is full. I checked that first. Wheels and tires are OE. I have checked all the sensor wire connections manually and drove around with the live read scanner and everything seems fine. I just can't get the light to clear. When I select Clear Codes, it does. But the never goes out. I have how ever started the car a couple time and the light stayed out for 5 minutes once and then 20 minutes another time. It does seem like it is a bad connection but it would show me where its being thrown from.
Im at a loss.
I might just have to bite the bullet and bring it in when the snow clears. First I have to find a garage that can work on it!

Jeebs
02-27-2014, 09:08 PM
Thanks guys for the advice. I appreciate it.

Steve-Indy
02-28-2014, 07:47 AM
Jeebs, you might state your location so that another member who might have a DRB III could offer to help you. If you are in Indy, let me know and I'll do it.

Jeebs
02-28-2014, 01:05 PM
Good call Steve.
Im far from Indy but thanks. I live In southwestern Ontario. Canada that is. So if someone has one and wouldn't mind helping a brother out that would be great.

Garron
02-28-2014, 01:35 PM
Where in southwestern Ontario? I am in scarborough most of the time now.

If everything has been corrected the light should go out as soon as you start driving and all wheel speed sensors read the same speed. If not you have something else wrong.

Garrett

I have DRB's ;)

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb368/Garrettnalepka/DRBs_zps4118bf43.png (http://s1202.photobucket.com/user/Garrettnalepka/media/DRBs_zps4118bf43.png.html)

Steve-Indy
02-28-2014, 02:21 PM
Jeebs, Garrett is an experienced Viper Tech and a good guy. It would be well worth your time to pay him a visit.

Get that Viper ready for Spring !!

Jeebs
02-28-2014, 08:25 PM
Garron
Im from the Chatham area. Do you know where that is. And id be more then willing to go for a drive this spring. Hopefully before the end of may. As im booked to go to Tail of The Dragon again. Id like the car to be all good for the weekend.

Garron
03-01-2014, 08:44 PM
You are a couple of hours away from me. I can give you a hand if you want to head my way. PM me any time

Garrett