PDA

View Full Version : Porsche People.

aspman
02-25-2014, 05:20 PM
Whats wrong with people.Im I a parking lot and dude pulls next to me when the lot was full of spaces.Nice day and I have my top down in my blue aero vert.He has a really nice silver turbo and Im waiting to talk a little car stuff and he jumps out without even looking at me and bolts for the store.Damnnnnnnnnn.....wheres the love man!Noticed his Colgate and Harvard stickers in his windshield and I guess my country ass was not worthy!Sad....ive had 2 turbo porsches!

JonB ~ PartsRack
02-25-2014, 05:22 PM
Porsche vs Porcupine ?

FrgMstr
02-25-2014, 05:26 PM
Heard of Colgate toothpaste, but never seen Harvard. Does it come in mint?

aspman
02-25-2014, 05:45 PM
Uberdouche!

RoyV101621
02-25-2014, 06:03 PM
I was bumped back at the Tire Rack, for a Porsche People. It kinda bummed me out. Serves me right. He won the race to the door, and literally pull it shut in front of me.

slysnake
02-25-2014, 08:15 PM
He probably parked next to you because he knew somebody with a nice car wouldn't door ding him. It's those beat up pickup trucks you got to stay away from. ;)

witz323
02-26-2014, 11:48 AM
I have a related parking story that to this day still blows my mind. A couple summers ago I took my Viper ('04 red vert) up to Road America to watch some racing. I went to the turn one area to park, and decided to park by the tree line all by myself. There are literally several acres of open grass parking in this area. After about an hour I see a guy in an e46 m3 pull up behind my car to park. I found it a bit odd because of all the open space, but whatever. As i'm watching him park i see his front bumber get closer and closer to my rear bumber. I start to get a little worried that he might bump into me, so now my eyes are glued to the situation. Sure enough, he hits my car. Now i'm pissed, so i walk over there and ask him wtf he is doing, and why he felt the need to park ontop of my car when there is a wide open field of parking? He barely could talk and apologized, then got in his car and drove away. I don't know if he was high or what the deal was.

Eachey51
02-26-2014, 01:46 PM
Hey us porsche owners love vipers to! :) sum people hav cool cars because it looks good and is more of a status symbol not because their real car guys. Those people piss me off! :)

Bill Pemberton
02-26-2014, 02:38 PM
Roy,

Trust me TireRack loves Vipers. Sold the owner one years back, so must have just been Hans , das gross und heavy jungen verkinggg on zehr visa vile tryying ta make da grade at Notre Dame?!
Sew farr he ist only der doormannn, und ifen zay finden out he ist disrespectical to das Viper Ohner, he vill be out onnuh his kiester , ja wohl, qwite zoon!

Ohiotj
02-26-2014, 02:49 PM
I had a customer trade in a challenger srt after ownership of only a few days. While he was out to dinner when someone pissed on his door handle. He said the car drew too much attention.

JonB ~ PartsRack
02-26-2014, 02:50 PM
I have a related parking story that to this day still blows my mind. A couple summers ago I took my Viper ('04 red vert) up to Road America to watch some racing. I went to the turn one area to park, and decided to park by the tree line all by myself. There are literally several acres of open grass parking in this area. After about an hour I see a guy in an e46 m3 pull up behind my car to park. I found it a bit odd because of all the open space, but whatever. As i'm watching him park i see his front bumber get closer and closer to my rear bumber. I start to get a little worried that he might bump into me, so now my eyes are glued to the situation. Sure enough, he hits my car. Now i'm pissed, so i walk over there and ask him wtf he is doing, and why he felt the need to park ontop of my car when there is a wide open field of parking? He barely could talk and apologized, then got in his car and drove away. I don't know if he was high or what the deal was.

As a PCA instructor I can relate that the 'BMW crowd' is the one we talk about!

[Did nobody get my Porcupine vs Porsche ref?]

GhostStalker27
02-26-2014, 02:52 PM
As with anything I'm sure you'll bump into a few not so cool people. However, it's interesting - I was at a car show and a guy had a 911 Turbo from the 90s era. I went up to him to ask him about his car. Not only did he want nothing to do with me. But made me feel stupid for approaching him - he had a dumb smirk and yaya'd me off as if he didn't have time for some young kid with a mustang (which was me at the time). It was really odd..

Then there's someone like my Aunt, she has a porsche - knows nothing about it nor does she care.

There's also Jerry Seinfeld - huge porsche guy, yet I've heard him put down American sports cars - specifically the corvette. Comes of as elitist.. to me anyway.

Knuckles
02-26-2014, 03:06 PM
As a PCA instructor I can relate that the 'BMW crowd' is the one we talk about!

[Did nobody get my Porcupine vs Porsche ref?]

Pricks inside and out.
Not possible the guy was in a hurry with something important to do and no time for chit-chat?

Bill Pemberton
02-26-2014, 03:33 PM
Actually, DE Instructor for the PCA also, and in truth the Porsche guys around here are super cool. They like Vipers, invite us to all their functions, have asked quite a few of us to become instructors, and
I have sold some of them Vipers. The situation occurs with many folks who are not gearheads, machineheads, petrolheads, or motorheads, they are just the simple dic*heads! Have had a guy with a
430 flip out at Cars and Coffee over my ACR, while a guy in a new Camaro SS was bragging about how he could take the Ferrari and the ACR. The situation is that we want to make sure we are not
that guy/gal, so regardless of how others act, let's all make sure we are open to the folks who are into cars. Turn the other cheek and show them out exhaust pipes if they are dic*heads.

GhostStalker27
02-26-2014, 03:54 PM
... The situation occurs with many folks who are not gearheads, machineheads, petrolheads, or motorheads, they are just the simple dic*heads!

I think you nailed it. It comes down to being a dickhead. Whether it's because you feel inferior or superior or anything in between. Those motives don't come from loving cars, it's from insecurities.

Helo Steve
02-26-2014, 05:34 PM
Yep, I always make sure to take the time to talk to people who really like cars, even if they don't know the nuts and bolts. The gas station is always a 20 minute affair and I know to plan ahead if I'm on a schedule!

I often let people sit in it, take pictures for them, even sometimes a quick ride. A lot of the viper guys did that for me before I got mine... Time to pay it forward! I'll never understand the prickly attitude of some!

slysnake
02-26-2014, 05:47 PM
Trust me TireRack loves Vipers. Sold the owner one years back, so must have just been Hans , das gross und heavy jungen verkinggg on zehr visa vile tryying ta make da grade at Notre Dame?!
Sew farr he ist only der doormannn, und ifen zay finden out he ist disrespectical to das Viper Ohner, he vill be out onnuh his kiester , ja wohl, qwite zoon! Somebody check Bill, I think he might have had a stroke. He started speaking jiberish right in the middle of a sentence. :)

aspman
02-26-2014, 06:14 PM
Well I chalked it up to the guy being a major tool.It wasn't 3 months ago when I was walking through the same parking lot an noticed early 70s Honda 100 motorcycle.You know the orange one.I waited a few minutes for the young man to come out and we talked for 45 minutes about that bike and each others lives.How damn cool was that.I had that bike when I was young and it brought back alotta memories.See what ya miss when ya act like a wang!

SnakeByte
02-26-2014, 08:55 PM
The situation is that we want to make sure we are not that guy/gal, so regardless of how others act, let's all make sure we are open to the folks who are into cars.

What Bill said.

HobokenViper
02-27-2014, 11:44 AM

I've had a couple similar situations over the past few years with my Viper and other sports cars I've owned. Luckily none where the other cars hit my car, except for my wife's SUV on two separate occasions where the other guys had a huge expansive parking lot of open spaces to choose from, and decided to not only park right next to my car, but so close that they slammed their doors into my car when getting out. Both situations I was there to witness this happening and it almost turned into a fight with the morons who were belligerent right off the bat. Now if that happened to my Viper, I'd probably have to be hauled off by the police due to my reaction..... Haha! Credit to you for controlling yourself.

HobokenViper
02-27-2014, 11:54 AM
I think you nailed it. It comes down to being a dickhead. Whether it's because you feel inferior or superior or anything in between. Those motives don't come from loving cars, it's from insecurities.

Couldn't agree more. Some people who aren't real "car guys" just buy their cars to show off or feel important or cool. They have not a clue about their car and just want to show off that they have some coin in the bank. Then there are guys like most of us who have a passion for cars (and Vipers) and enjoy sharing them with others and can talk about this stuff all day and night.

I think the true test of if someone is a real car guy is if they enjoy sharing their car(s) and its experience with others who appreciate it. One of the things I enjoy most about owning my car is when a kid with their family comes over and can't stop asking questions aka out it and I get a chance to make that kid's year by letting him sit in the car and talk about it. What fun is owning such a beautiful toy if you don't have anyone to ever share it with?????