PDA

View Full Version : T-56 fluid pump

Nixon's SRT
02-24-2014, 03:02 PM
Who is running a pump on their T-56 for the fluid to keep it at the front gear set? What pump are you running? are you running a cooler? Looking for information that is out there.

I know some are running one, just couldn't find much info out there.

ICPREY
02-24-2014, 04:19 PM
Search the Viper Garage website, I'm pretty sure there are a few write ups there.

Nixon's SRT
02-24-2014, 07:30 PM
Thanks, just read through them.

Steve M
02-27-2014, 08:38 AM
I'd check with RPM transmissions (in Indiana)...I'm sure they'd have some good recommendations.

TooBlue
02-27-2014, 10:43 PM
I use a Tilton trans. pump set up on my G-Force 6 speed transmission on my TT. Works Great...
I had G-force tap the trans. to position the pump to spray and keep 5th and 6th gear lubricated.
The pump is boost activated.

There is a lot of gravitational "pull" that sends the fluid to the rear of the transmission due to the power of winding out a TT or similar high hp car. This causes the gears to run dry on runway type speed runs...

Dry gears + 1000 H.P. = Broken Trans.
(Unfortunately I learned this the hard way....)

If you call G-Force they will know exactly how to fix the problem.

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE
02-28-2014, 01:55 AM
I use a Tilton trans. pump set up on my G-Force 6 speed transmission on my TT. Works Great...
I had G-force tap the trans. to position the pump to spray and keep 5th and 6th gear lubricated.
The pump is boost activated.

There is a lot of gravitational "pull" that sends the fluid to the rear of the transmission due to the power of winding out a TT or similar high hp car. This causes the gears to run dry on runway type speed runs...

Dry gears + 1000 H.P. = Broken Trans.

If you call G-Force they will know exactly how to fix the problem.

Mike great post, but I'm a little confused with you math? Lets try it again..

Dry gears + 1000 H.P. + Broken Trans = $5500

Does this sound about right now? :t1236:

Toddy

Nixon's SRT
02-28-2014, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the info everyone. I have this on my to get done list.

I better get it done Mike, so you dont have any gear pieces flying out from under my car and hitting you when you are behind me on the runway in June!...... :dancingman:

TooBlue
02-28-2014, 11:26 PM
Mike great post, but I'm a little confused with you math? Lets try it again..

Dry gears + 1000 H.P. + Broken Trans = $5500

Does this sound about right now?

Toddy

Hey Toddy
Unfortunately your math is more accurate.
(Not to mention the down time plus the fun and expense to swap out)

I better get it done Mike, so you dont have any gear pieces flying out from under my car and hitting you when you are behind me on the runway in June!...... :dancingman:

We shall see..... :icon_devil:

If nothing else you might try to get the lower 5th and 6th gear. The ratio gap between 4th and 5th
will really hurt your mph on runway type events...

slitherv10
03-01-2014, 08:26 AM

TooBlue:

We shall see..... :icon_devil:

If nothing else you might try to get the lower 5th and 6th gear. The ratio gap between 4th and 5th
will really hurt your mph on runway type events...[/QUOTE]

:fpopcorn:

Nixon's SRT
03-01-2014, 08:47 AM
note to self...bring all left over sandbags

Haha. Mikes car is so much more awesome than mine. Mike is one of the reasons I signed up for this event. He is a die hard viper guy that drives the hell out of his cars. If I learn a few more things from him that weekend, make a few passes in my car, I'll call it a successful weekend.

As far as the transmission, I'm watching Jimmy's paddle shifted setup and see how well he likes it and that maybe next

Nixon's SRT
03-06-2014, 10:21 PM
Tilton Transmission and/or Differential Oil Cooler Pumps 40-524, going to place my order this weekend.

Anyone using an particular fitting at the transmission that sprays the gears, or just a regular fitting?

steve911
03-08-2014, 01:39 PM
I worked with SnakeOyl for my diff cooler and trans cooler. The transcooler has its own pump and the cooler is cooled by the air moving under the car.

The diff cooler is self contained with its own pump, cooler and twin fans. Both are thermostatically controlled. 10 mins on the track and both pumps are already humming along.

It is patterned off of the comp coupe and ACR-X sytems.

I have lots of pics. I paste some up here in the next day or two...

Nixon's SRT
04-30-2014, 10:08 PM
I worked with SnakeOyl for my diff cooler and trans cooler. The transcooler has its own pump and the cooler is cooled by the air moving under the car.

The diff cooler is self contained with its own pump, cooler and twin fans. Both are thermostatically controlled. 10 mins on the track and both pumps are already humming along.

It is patterned off of the comp coupe and ACR-X sytems.

I have lots of pics. I paste some up here in the next day or two...

Steve you have those pictures? Im getting ready to start this install would like to see how you mounted and routed everything.

steve911
05-01-2014, 02:22 PM
Steve you have those pictures? Im getting ready to start this install would like to see how you mounted and routed everything.

Ill get at it tonite... I got sidetracked and forgot all about it...

steve911
05-01-2014, 11:36 PM
These pics are just a small sample to get the idea of my trans and diff coolers. This is not a cheap project by any stretch of the imagination. The 2 coolers, 2 pumps, wiring harness, filters (a must), hoses, fittings etc will run almost $1000.00 wholesale pricing, and you haven't even built it yet.

The system is thermostatically controlled, only coming on when its needed. My system is a cross between the ACR-X and the Comp Coupe systems. Their wiring harness was terrible in my opinion and I upgraded it to modern components that are readily available.

I am contemplating making a kit to be sold but I really don't know what the level of interest is at this point. The kit would involve some level of mechanical ability in order to install it. The wiring harness would be prebuilt and would only need to have final connections to the battery made and the user would need to determine where the master arm switch would go. Pics 1 & 2 show the trans cooler and pump. The trans cooler relies on air coming into the tunnel area from the reverse air scoop in the belly pan. Pic 3 shows the bottom of the diff where the thermostat and the pump intake hose attach.

Pics 4, 5, 6 show the Diff cooler pump mounting location, and two views of the diff cooler, shroud and cooling fans. The fan and cooler assy. gets mounted to an aluminum plate and is bolted to the bottom of the trunk floor behind the X brace where the pump is.

This should give you a good flavor of what I built.

steve911
05-01-2014, 11:40 PM

Here is the 6th picture I talked about in my post above. the system only allows 5 pics per message.

Nixon's SRT
05-02-2014, 12:48 AM
Thanks for the pictures. I hope to get to the transmission next weekend and install the pump