PDA

View Full Version : 2014 NY/CT Event Schedule

ViperTony
02-24-2014, 10:37 AM
Thanks to everyone that helped draft this schedule. Keep in mind the schedule will evolve as the year progresses. Some events may change. There are still event ideas being worked on (see below).

2014 NY/CT Viper Club Events Schedule

Schedule is subject to change, additional events may be added as the year progresses

March 9th NE vs. NY/CT Karting @ F1 Boston Braintree, MA
April 19th NY/CT Welcomes Ralph and Doris @ Plataforma NYC
April 27th Breakfast Cruise to Maureen's Kitchen, NY
May 4th Caffeine & Carburetors New Canaan, CT
May 10th Dyno Day/BBQ @ Plus Zero Motorsports New Milford, CT
May 17th-18th Tator Toga Dinner & Saratoga Auto Show
June 7th - Dyno Day @ PowerPlant Motorsports, NY
June 22nd Breakfast Bash @ Daily Planet
June 29th Six Hours of The Glen Racing ALMS Watkins Glen, NY
July 13th Annual Summer Bash @ Oaklands Hampton Bays, NY
July 18th-20th VOA NVE1 Homecoming Event Detroit, MI
July 26th Autocross Track & Skid Pay Day @ Limerock Park, CT
August 3rd Dyno Day @ JTM Motorsports, NY
August 16th Dyno Day @ Plus Zero Motorsports
August 23rd Outdoor Karting @ Oakland Valley, NY**
August 31st "A Gathering of Vipers" Lime Rock Park, CT
Sept 7 Breakfast Cruise to Cooperage Inn, NY
Sept 12th-14th NARRA Grand Prix of Monticello, NY
Sept 13st Pound Ridge Car Show Pound Ridge, NY
Oct 5th Skeeter’s Fall Foliage Cruise Upstate NY**
Oct 18th Tator’s Tech Session
Oct 25th CT Fall Foliage Cruise**
Nov 16th Paintball @ Liberty Paintball Patterson, NY
Nov 28th Post Thanksgiving Breakfast Cruise TBD

** Fall foliage cruise dates subject to Mother Nature

Additional Events Being Considered
Mark’s Classic Cruise Nights (Mondays) East Granby, CT
Jiminy Peak Mountain Breakfast/Brunch Cruise
Lebanon Valley Raceway
Hooked On Driving HPDE Track Events
Orange County Choppers Brunch Cruise
1/8 Mile Drag Racing @ Wallkill, NY

XXX BLK
02-24-2014, 12:27 PM
Mr. T, and the rest of the board "AWESOME JOB" each year the NY/CT Club keeps getting better. Thank you.

City
02-24-2014, 12:42 PM
Seriously nice job Tony! Congrats of running an all business structured meeting to get things done!

The food was good too! Thanks Wizard.

Sorry Plum, but I ate most of your deviled eggs! Muhaha

pony23
02-24-2014, 01:19 PM
That is a nice packed schedule. Great job guys.

The Marc's cruise nights in Granby might be a no go this year. The place is being foreclosed on right now.

ViperTony
02-24-2014, 01:40 PM
That is a nice packed schedule. Great job guys.

The Marc's cruise nights in Granby might be a no go this year. The place is being foreclosed on right now.

It figures. LOL. And thanks Scott/Adrian. It's a lot easier when so many folks get involved. But Chuck....I'm impressed. He was organized....tables/chairs/notepads/calendars/pens/beads....I have new-found respect (a smidgen) for red viper owners now. :D

dbow119
02-24-2014, 06:54 PM
Sounds like we have a fun filled year ahead of us! I'm glad to see that Orange County Choppers and Lebanan Valley made it on the list for possible locations as I had both written down. Last year there was a Mopar car show at Lebanon Valley so if they do it again and it doesn't conflict with anything maybe we can go to that and invite the New England group to do some drag racing!

If I can make another suggestion for possible events:
Adirondack Nationals in Lake George, NY on September 5th-7th (probably Saturday the 6th would be the best day to attend).
The Way We Were Car Show in Ballston Spa, NY on Sunday, October 12th (many clubs attend this event and there are literally 500-600 cars).
Maybe a Cruise to Sleepy Hollow, NY or Salem, MA in October since I kind of want to hang one of those witches crashing into something decorations on the windshield...

HobokenViper
02-25-2014, 12:02 PM
Sounds like a great year ahead! Looking forward to finally meeting many of you guys.

Cruise to Sleepy Hollow in the fall sounds like a lot of fun. There is actually a pumpkin town that they create right nearby there out of over 30,000 pumpkins, and it's really something amazing to see and bring the kids to. Might be fun to loop both together?

Also should mention the annual 9/11 cruise through NYC with the NJ crew. Haven't done it yet, but heard its an amazing experience.

pony23
03-12-2014, 08:14 AM
Great news, looks like Marks will be a go for this year. They settled the foreclosure.

http://www.markscruisenight.com

Caffeine and carburetors moved their start date to April 6th.

ViperJames
03-21-2014, 12:58 AM
Just pulled trigger on my 2000 Steel Grey GTS!!!! Can't wait to get back in the action!!!!

SlateEd
03-22-2014, 07:03 AM
Just pulled trigger on my 2000 Steel Grey GTS!!!! Can't wait to get back in the action!!!!

Awesome, Congrats! Can't wait to see you this year!

dbow119
04-05-2014, 11:35 PM
I was thinking about going to the Greenwich Concours d'Elegance this year as a spectator. The event is held on May 31st for American vehicles and June 1st for International foreign vehicles this year. I haven't decided if I will go down for both days and get a hotel nearby or just go down on Sunday (I really want to see a Ferrari F50 in person and this might be the best opportunity to do so). Would any other Vipers be interested in attending? From my understanding it is $30 per day or $45 for the weekend.

ViperTony
04-06-2014, 09:41 AM
I was thinking about going to the Greenwich Concours d'Elegance this year as a spectator. The event is held on May 31st for American vehicles and June 1st for International foreign vehicles this year. I haven't decided if I will go down for both days and get a hotel nearby or just go down on Sunday (I really want to see a Ferrari F50 in person and this might be the best opportunity to do so). Would any other Vipers be interested in attending? From my understanding it is $30 per day or $45 for the weekend.

I'm interested. I've been there before and always a good time. I usually go as a spectator.

dbow119
04-08-2014, 10:01 PM
Tony, glad to hear it! Hopefully some more people will like to join us once it gets closer to the event. Since you've been there before, is any particular show/day better or would you consider both days equally good? Normally I would go visit my sister who lives in CT and stay at her house for the night so I could go both days, but she'll be in Africa chasing Simba around so now I'm debating if it'll be worth getting a hotel for.

ViperTony
04-17-2014, 12:20 PM
*** Schedule Update/Change ***

The 4/27 event has changed. Instead of Paintball we're going a Breakfast Run to Maureen's Kitchen on 4/27. Adrian will post details later. But this event is in direct response to members' voicing their URGE to take out our Vipers sooner rather than later. Get them ready for the breakfast run. :bth_smiley_formula1

NJDAVE
05-03-2014, 04:06 PM
Tony is the Dyno Day & BBQ still on for next weekend?

ViperTony
05-06-2014, 04:15 PM
Tony is the Dyno Day & BBQ still on for next weekend?

It will depend on the weather: http://driveviper.com/forums/threads/3478-Dyno-Day-Powerplant-Motorsports-4-10-2014

PJP's Venom
07-14-2014, 10:42 AM

Thanks, Tony, and everyone involved in planning such a wonderful NYCT Summer Bash at Oaklands in the Hamptons. Great people, great fun!

PJP's Venom
07-14-2014, 10:49 AM

PJP's Venom
07-14-2014, 10:55 AM

ViperTony
07-28-2014, 11:16 AM
Update NY/CT club calendar below. Changes in Red:

2014 NY/CT Viper Club Events Schedule

Schedule is subject to change, additional events may be added as the year progresses

March 9th NE vs. NY/CT Karting @ F1 Boston Braintree, MA

April 19th NY/CT Welcomes Ralph and Doris @ Plataforma NYC
April 27th Breakfast Cruise to Maureen's Kitchen, NY
May 4th Caffeine & Carburetors New Canaan, CT
May 10th Dyno Day/BBQ @ Plus Zero Motorsports New Milford, CT
May 17th-18th Tator Toga Dinner & Saratoga Auto Show
June 7th - Dyno Day @ PowerPlant Motorsports, NY
June 22nd Breakfast Bash @ Daily Planet
June 29th Six Hours of The Glen Racing ALMS Watkins Glen, NY
July 13th Annual Summer Bash @ Oaklands Hampton Bays, NY
July 18th-20th VOA NVE1 Homecoming Event Detroit, MI
July 26th Autocross Track & Skid Pay Day @ Limerock Park, CT
August 10th Dyno Day @ JTM Motorsports, Deer Park, NY
August 23rd Dyno Day @ Plus Zero Motorsports - CANCELED
August 31st "A Gathering of Vipers" Lime Rock Park, CT
Sept 12th-14th NARRA Grand Prix of Monticello, NY
Sept 13st Pound Ridge Car Show Pound Ridge, NY
Sept 14th Loctite (Henkel) Auto Show Rocky Hill, CT
Sept 21st Splash Brunch Cruise Wesport, CT
Sept 28 Breakfast Cruise to Cooperage Inn, NY
Oct 5th Skeeter’s Fall Foliage Cruise Upstate NY**
Oct 18th Tator’s Tech Session
Oct 25th CT Fall Foliage Cruise**
Nov 28th Post Thanksgiving Breakfast Cruise TBD

** Fall foliage cruise dates subject to Mother Nature

[/QUOTE]

Fadi Abizeid
08-16-2014, 02:53 PM
What are the informations for Sept 7 Breakfast Cruise to Cooperage Inn, NY ?

ViperTony
08-19-2014, 01:30 PM
What are the informations for Sept 7 Breakfast Cruise to Cooperage Inn, NY ?

Nothing yet. Check back in a week.

ViperTony
08-19-2014, 01:33 PM
The dyno day at PowerPlant this coming weekend is canceled. Unfortunately, Gjon broke his dyno :D due to the massive builds he's been putting out. It won't be fixed in time for this weekend. We'll reschedule this later this fall.

pony23
09-10-2014, 01:19 PM
What is the deal for the Splash brunch cruise? Times? Looking to work this into my schedule.

Thanks

ViperTony
09-10-2014, 01:31 PM
What is the deal for the Splash brunch cruise? Times? Looking to work this into my schedule.

Thanks

That's a great question. I'll put the details together for it this week. Check back in a couple of days. Thanks for the heads up Bernie.

viperjimmy
10-18-2014, 09:42 AM
Ct fall Foliage cruise next Sunday the 26th, here is the link:http://driveviper.com/forums/threads/5838-Ct-Fall-Foliage-Cruise-Sunday-Oct-26th!?p=85389&posted=1#post85389