PDA

View Full Version : VCC 03 Ready for some Track testing and seat time

Exhlr8n
12-12-2018, 11:53 PM
Got the new Fuel Safe Bladder in..! The rebuilt Emco and new Tilton 3 disc Carbon Clutch in as well. Test driven around the back country roads and she's running good. This Clutch is so much smoother than the 3 disc metallic clutch that was in it before, night and day difference. Can't wait to get her back to the Track for some testing and seat time. Went ahead and replaced all the Tilton master cylinders and rebuilt the pedal assembly while I was in there.

str5010
12-13-2018, 05:35 AM
Nice! That's a good bit of maintenance.I hope you can get a camera in the car for the next track outing.

RedTanRT/10
12-13-2018, 09:28 AM
All sounds great Tom! Glad you fixed the EMCO vs trying to swap for a T-56.

Send me a PM on the bladder cost. I got a high quote from them

Nice to test drive on “back roads”. I’d have to trailer 30 miles to find one!!

Exhlr8n
12-15-2018, 10:22 AM
Had a great time @ Buttonwillow yesterday. It was nice to get a little seat time in...! Didn't break any records (:drive:) but was able to squeeze out some times in the 1:50's on their 13CW configuration. Car ran phenomenally, she sings such a beautiful song above 4K rpm, music to my ears! We got 5 good sessions in, and didn't miss a beat, just gas and go. Track was cold in the low 40's, so a little greasy at first, but after a few sessions and some heat in the tires, she was sticking pretty good. Absolutely love the new Clutch set up. A special shout out to Ross Murray and Jeff Stout for all their help with the Clutch, Trans and Bladder, parts, repairs and advice!

str5010
12-15-2018, 10:49 AM
Looks good out there!

RedTanRT/10
12-15-2018, 04:26 PM
Tom, thanks for the info on the cell bladder, I just sent you a PM response.

Glad you had a good time Friday at BW. Glad to ready your now in the 1:50's. My best time last year has been 1:54 I went there in September with my new motor but I got rear ended on the first hot lap of the 2 session and had to stop.

I had wanted to go but my car is with Dan and he's replacing the bladder as well as checking to make sure the new fuel pump is working properly. Car had issues on day 2 at Spring Mountain in November and started to miss and lose power. Seems like I was getting debris from the bladder and the pump was moving around. Hoping to be ready for CA Speedway around mid-January. Hope to catch up at BW in late January or February. Take care and thanks!

steve911
12-15-2018, 05:00 PM
what are you running for tires? Sizes?

Exhlr8n
12-15-2018, 08:10 PM
Thanks guys,

Mike:

Yes...Hopefully we can catch up at the track soon! Should be able to make the Willow Springs event that SoCal has posted. Lance mentioned trying to get a Thunderhill/Sonoma combo weekend in sometime next year..! Would be nice if we could get it coordinated. My BW best times were in 1:56-1:59 range, not 1:50 (someday, got plenty to work on!). I'm still a few seconds faster in the ACR-E, but should eventually be able to catch up and surpass it with the Comp Coupe.

Steve:

Michelins S8L
30/65/18 fronts
31/71/18 rears

They are an older set with probably 10+ heat cycles on them that the previous owner ran. I was just trying to enjoy the car and not over do it, so they seem to do the trick for now! I do have a 2nd newer set with only 2 or 3 heat cycles that I have not put on yet, but will next time out (same tire and size). I see Arizona has a new set for sale, may have to get them!