PDA

View Full Version : In the market want some experience first

Damiean
12-11-2018, 07:55 AM
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and came here to do some research, as I tend to research things to death before making a purchase. I'm at the point where life is going great, career is going very well, and I have the OK from wifey to get myself a nice 40th birthday present. I've always ran with car guys, had some fun cars and bikes along the way. Now I'm pretty well hooked on the Viper. I've been looking at Gen 2 GTS's and Gen 3/4 Coupes. I've honestly never ridden in either car or had a good chat with an owner.

If anyone is on the north side of Atlanta and would like to grab lunch or take a short ride one day, I'd be very grateful! Any opinions and advice is more than welcome!

Thanks in advance!
Damie

Viperenvy
12-11-2018, 08:07 AM
While waiting for a ride and the purchase of your dream car, I would suggest right/left foot and calf exercises. Few, it seems, have the ability to NOT jam their right foot to the floor - pop the clutch, spin the car, and end up upside down in a smoking pile of it. If you have any inkling that this may be you, then please review these exercises with the controlled breathing and meditation at the end the most important.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2fXDnWIqQI

Damiean
12-11-2018, 09:30 AM
ha... good advice. I do miss having that third pedal in the floorboard.

Creatre
12-11-2018, 02:16 PM
Unfortunately just moved from Atlanta or would have given you a ride. There are plenty of Viper guys in Atlanta, hopefully someone will hook up with you! There are no other cars like it, very raw and enjoyable beast!

Damiean
12-11-2018, 02:54 PM
Unfortunately just moved from Atlanta or would have given you a ride. There are plenty of Viper guys in Atlanta, hopefully someone will hook up with you! There are no other cars like it, very raw and enjoyable beast!

Thanks anyway! Is this the most active board for Atlanta Viper guys? I wasn't sure how many were around town. I feel like I see more Lambo's and Ferrari's around here than Vipers.

gpbtt
12-11-2018, 04:24 PM
Damien,
I am in Marietta, I have a 2016. I know it's not what you were looking for but you are welcome to come look and chat. Sorry no rides for a bit it's off the road for the winter getting ready for next years One LAp of America.

Creatre
12-12-2018, 10:08 AM
Thanks anyway! Is this the most active board for Atlanta Viper guys? I wasn't sure how many were around town. I feel like I see more Lambo's and Ferrari's around here than Vipers.

Try the VOA group on Facebook...not sure if they allow potential owners though? I think that is more active than forums (although this forum is more active than most of my other car forums).

Damiean
12-12-2018, 04:13 PM
Damien,
I am in Marietta, I have a 2016. I know it's not what you were looking for but you are welcome to come look and chat. Sorry no rides for a bit it's off the road for the winter getting ready for next years One LAp of America.

Hey gpbtt, I'm in Marietta as well. Would love to talk shop over a drink sometime. Would welcome any advice from your ownership and experience. PM me sometime and we'll figure something out!

gpbtt
12-12-2018, 04:23 PM
Sent you a PM......your welcome anytime! Garage Always open!

RacerX
12-15-2018, 07:01 AM
How far are you from Braselton?

Damiean
12-15-2018, 09:40 AM
How far are you from Braselton?

Braselton is a pretty good drive. I'm over off 75 in Marietta.

Szeszko02GTSGA
01-09-2019, 09:55 AM
Hi Damian,

Our website theviperclubofga.com is the best place to start and make local connections. We are planning numerous events in and around Atlanta, so check our calendar and come to out. I do attend Caffeine and Octane on a regular basis, perhaps after the next one we can meet up. I own a 2002 Final edition GTS red with white stripes. We do have members who own a gen 3 and 4. I've always wanted a Gen 2 because it's iconic and love the body style. There's nothing wrong with owing a Gen 3/4, you get more power and more bang for the buck. Most people think it resembles the corvette.

Damian, feel free to contact me anytime with any questions. If and when your ready to buy a viper, I can introduce you to Sean O'Grady at Zen Racing.

Chris Szeszko
470-281-0756
szeszko@msn.com

Damiean
01-09-2019, 10:35 PM
Hi Damian,

Our website theviperclubofga.com is the best place to start and make local connections. We are planning numerous events in and around Atlanta, so check our calendar and come to out. I do attend Caffeine and Octane on a regular basis, perhaps after the next one we can meet up. I own a 2002 Final edition GTS red with white stripes. We do have members who own a gen 3 and 4. I've always wanted a Gen 2 because it's iconic and love the body style. There's nothing wrong with owing a Gen 3/4, you get more power and more bang for the buck. Most people think it resembles the corvette.

Damian, feel free to contact me anytime with any questions. If and when your ready to buy a viper, I can introduce you to Sean O'Grady at Zen Racing.

Chris Szeszko
470-281-0756
szeszko@msn.com

Chris,
Thank you for that great offer. I'll plan on getting out to the next meet and saying hi. Would love to take a closer look at your second gen and talk shop a bit. I'll keep an eye on the website you mentioned as well!

Thanks again and hope to get together soon,
Damie

Damiean
02-06-2019, 11:54 AM
Because I'm excited and my wife is tired of hearing about it... I may have finally found my car. Traveling to go see it later this month, but if all goes well it will be getting shipped back to me by the end of the month. It's an '06 Coupe, rebuilt title, but it's going to be a driver, so that doesn't bother me. Any advice on things to look for is welcome. Sounds to be well taken care of by current owner though.

Szeszko02GTSGA
02-06-2019, 04:22 PM
Because I'm excited and my wife is tired of hearing about it... I may have finally found my car. Traveling to go see it later this month, but if all goes well it will be getting shipped back to me by the end of the month. It's an '06 Coupe, rebuilt title, but it's going to be a driver, so that doesn't bother me. Any advice on things to look for is welcome. Sounds to be well taken care of by current owner though.

Great to hear you are going to be joining our family. I'm not the best person to ask especial on Gen 3/4. Reach out to Sean O'Grady at Zen Racing, he has many years of experience with all generations of vipers.

Sean O'Grady
atlantaviper@gmail.com
cell 404-375-3583

Damiean
03-02-2019, 04:27 PM
I guess I should post some pictures since she's finally here. Unfortunatly, the weather has been crappy since she arrived in Georgia. 2006 Coupe, Launch edition #128/200

https://youtu.be/BouNRotRe8g

GreenVenom
03-02-2019, 04:53 PM
I thought the launch editions had white stripes?

Szeszko02GTSGA
03-02-2019, 04:56 PM
Damian, we are the featured car club tomorrow at caffeine and octane. The weather will be fine till the afternoon. Come by and show us your viper.

Damiean
03-02-2019, 07:15 PM
I thought the launch editions had white stripes?

Correct, It did originally... car had some bodywork done at one point and white stripes became black. May change it back one day.. maybe keep it like this for a while, it goes well with the wheels.

Damiean
03-02-2019, 07:22 PM
Damian, we are the featured car club tomorrow at caffeine and octane. The weather will be fine till the afternoon. Come by and show us your viper.

Would love to.. but i'm on a work trip this weekend.

Szeszko02GTSGA
03-04-2019, 10:25 AM
Hi Damian,
Be sure to join VOA so you can join us on the many events we have planned.

GreenVenom
03-04-2019, 10:46 AM
Looks great!! I just wasn’t for sure how all the launch editions were finished.
Do join your local region. You’ll have some good times and make some great friends.

ky13
03-04-2019, 11:11 AM
Congrats!!

Fatboy 18
03-04-2019, 12:36 PM
I guess I should post some pictures since she's finally here. Unfortunatly, the weather has been crappy since she arrived in Georgia. 2006 Coupe, Launch edition #128/200

https://youtu.be/BouNRotRe8g

Welcome to the Fun, I'm liking the Black stripes and wheels, car looks as you guys say "Bad Ass" or as we say in England "The Mutts Nuts" :dude3:

ZachJ
03-14-2019, 10:17 AM
Nice ride!! I am located in Lawrenceville and frequent the caffeine octane at the perimeter mall. Hope to see you there one day. I will bring my viper from time to time.

Damiean
03-15-2019, 06:09 AM
Nice ride!! I am located in Lawrenceville and frequent the caffeine octane at the perimeter mall. Hope to see you there one day. I will bring my viper from time to time.

If the weather is nice, I'll drive this over to the next one.