PDA

View Full Version : Car Cover

Matt Dillon
11-23-2018, 01:21 AM
Just wondering if anybody has had to have theirs cleaned? I'll probably Never use it but it does need to be cleaned & when I took it to my local dry cleaners they didn't want to touch it! They were scared the red/white colors would run over! Thanks

99RT10
11-23-2018, 07:48 AM
Maybe it can be dry cleaned?

01sapphirebob
11-23-2018, 08:48 AM
Just wondering if anybody has had to have theirs cleaned? I'll probably Never use it but it does need to be cleaned & when I took it to my local dry cleaners they didn't want to touch it! They were scared the red/white colors would run over! Thanks

I cleaned the onw for my GEN II years ago. Had to take it to a laundry mat and used one of the industrial sized washers and let it air dry. The cover should have care instructions on it.

dewilmoth
11-23-2018, 08:53 AM
I cleaned the onw for my GEN II years ago. Had to take it to a laundry mat and used one of the industrial sized washers and let it air dry. The cover should have care instructions on it.

I did the same with my stretch fit Ferrari cover. I’m sure it will be fine.

q8blueviper
11-26-2018, 09:51 AM
same issue with me , no local dry cleaners wants to take it.

Martin
11-26-2018, 01:10 PM
I've run mine through the industrial washers, and it's come out fine. If there's a care tag on the cover, definitely follow it. For some reason, mine say "don't use standard washing detergent - only use a cleaner like Fantastik". It took some searching, but I finally found Fantastik online (nobody seems to carry that stuff in stores anymore) and it worked like a charm.

Matt Dillon
11-26-2018, 11:05 PM
Thanks Guys!

blingnoring
12-01-2018, 11:16 AM
I was going to get a car cover but in the mean time I bought 2 soft sheets and sewed them together (actually mom did lol) to cover the car and I liked it so much I never ordered the car cover. so easy to put on and take off, a perfect fit from front to back. obviously my car is garage kept, would not recommend for someone that keeps theirs outside.