PDA

View Full Version : 1996 GTS AEM standalone

MrCreosote
11-19-2018, 01:07 PM
Is there any variant that plugs directly into the OE harness and uses the OE sensors?

Mbccenter
11-20-2018, 07:46 AM
I have a extra AEM V1 that plugs into factory. Just uses its own 02 sensors.

MrCreosote
01-09-2019, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the offer. I was "on the fence" regarding various avenues but the more I learn about the woes of JTEC tuning, I'm coming to the conclusion for my 511 rwhp lightly modded heads/cam/headers GTS, it isn't worth the effort.

And I would be better off sticking with my VEC-1 but add widebands, and an ignition timing eGauge to allow accurate VEC-1 settings. (Actually even if tuned properly, I'd keep the VEC-1 to deal with fuel octane and driving at high altitude.)

If I had more on the table like >600 NA or boosted, that is another matter.

99RT10
01-09-2019, 11:52 AM
Thanks for the offer. I was "on the fence" regarding various avenues but the more I learn about the woes of JTEC tuning, I'm coming to the conclusion for my 511 rwhp lightly modded heads/cam/headers GTS, it isn't worth the effort.

And I would be better off sticking with my VEC-1 but add widebands, and an ignition timing eGauge to allow accurate VEC-1 settings. (Actually even if tuned properly, I'd keep the VEC-1 to deal with fuel octane and driving at high altitude.)

If I had more on the table like >600 NA or boosted, that is another matter.

Actually I can sell you a Vec 2 setup for $500 and it has a whole lot more adjustments than the old Vec 1. With a proper tune, you will gain 20HP over the Vec 1

HOLYFIELD619
04-20-2019, 02:27 PM
i have a vec from the orginal roe set up i will never use.