PDA

View Full Version : New Clutch TB Flywheel questions

Blue96GTS
11-16-2018, 09:56 AM
Thinking of replacing my clutch for my "Winter project". The car has 70k+ miles on it, and I heard 2 local stories last year of stranded G2 Vipers due to clutch issues. Time for some Preventative Maintenance to ensure I don't have a similar story to share. I do bleed the clutch annually (mostly), and am amazed at the crap that comes out, and the color. Car is mostly stock from an HP perspective.

So, looking for your input on clutch, throw-out bearing and possible flywheel replacements. Of course, there is always stock which got me this far, but while I'm in there I might as well consider an upgrade in technology and performance - within reason. Surely there is a combo out there which will give me easier pedal travel, flawless performance and peace-of-mind..??

I've checked out some of the other forums for this subject, but my search results provided nothing too new for the G2, other than problems with the slave cylinder...

Awaiting your input and recommendations - thanks!

GTS Dean
11-16-2018, 10:07 AM
Stock LUK clutch is good for well over 600hp. If your FW is worn, put a Fidanza in it. You can replace the inertia ring if needed, but the OEM has to be replaced.

PittsburghRT
11-16-2018, 10:32 AM
Summit has a good price on the factory LUK clutch kit or Ebay. I bought an OEM slave cyl, but there is another brand that many say work well (can't remember the name). I would also get a factory replacement flywheel over the aluminum because many say it is not fun to drive with at low speeds around town.

99RT10
11-16-2018, 11:02 AM
LUK clutch, kit comes with everything. Best $200 you will ever spend on the car. As long as the flywheel isn't grooved, it should be hit with 60-80 grit paper and be ready to go.

Lalmeida617
11-16-2018, 05:24 PM
Guys are there any other options for the flywheel other than an Aluminum one? Does anyone make an aftermarket steel version? Also do the LUK clutches last just as long as most other clutches under “normal” driving. ��