PDA

View Full Version : California Fires Everyone OK

Fatboy 18
11-13-2018, 02:33 PM
Seeing the terrible fires ripping through whole communities, You Guys OK in the area?

Bill Pemberton
11-14-2018, 08:13 AM
I know a rare Orange TA is in Chino and sure hope he and his beauty are doing ok? There are a lot of Vipers in both Northern and Southern California , as the VOA Clubs in those areas are super strong and active, so let's hope for the best?!

Purple Haze
11-14-2018, 09:34 AM
Seen a couple photos of heavy car losses..One guy lost a huge collection of 40 cars at least one or two Vipers in there...So sad...

Fatboy 18
11-14-2018, 10:56 AM
Oh No :( Sorry to hear that :(

Martin
11-14-2018, 07:51 PM
As can be expected, I had just gotten fire insurance when a fire broke out just about a mile from me. Fortunately, there was no wind and the fire department got it under control really quick (helicopters, air bombers, about a dozen engines). It was a scare - it broke out early in the morning and I was just about to go to work when the power went out. Minutes later, fire engines were racing up the road.

Definitely need to get a plan in place for evacuation. The cops knocked on my door and told me to get ready, and that was a panic moment. I got all the pets in their carriers, but I realized that there would be no way to get the Vipers out - so I just resolved myself to let them go if the fire came my way. Wild fires certainly are scary.