PDA

View Full Version : corrosion gasket

Hiss Highness
02-22-2014, 11:13 AM
I am replacing the front ball joints on a gen 2 and am looking for the corrosion washers that mount between the arm and ball joint housing, and don't say VPA cause they suck, I have been trying for 3 months to get ahold of them to no avail

plumcrazy
02-22-2014, 11:15 AM
jonb ? tator ? paul scharf ?

Hiss Highness
02-23-2014, 09:46 AM
the gasket on gen 1-2 was never available as a separate item from mopar. it comes as a complete assembly with the arm and ball joint preassembled so it has been difficult to find information on buying it separate like the gasket on the wheel bearing is. did not want to buy used as I already have used but may have to re-use if need be

XSnake
02-23-2014, 09:52 AM
I reused mine when I replaced my front wheel bearings. If you want new I'd call Tator's

Hiss Highness
02-23-2014, 10:57 AM
the front wheel bearing corrosion gasket is only 6 bucks so no biggie, but the ball joint gasket is unobtainium , other manufacturers had steel arms so no gasket was necessary(I believe). if a little dap of copper coat/never sieze does the same thing then great but don't want the new balls galling in place either or since the new joints are rebuildable then maybe not such a big deal as I will not be replacing the housing only the guts

XSnake
02-23-2014, 11:11 AM
the front wheel bearing corrosion gasket is only 6 bucks so no biggie, but the ball joint gasket is unobtainium , other manufacturers had steel arms so no gasket was necessary(I believe). if a little dap of copper coat/never sieze does the same thing then great but don't want the new balls galling in place either or since the new joints are rebuild able then maybe not such a big deal as I will not be replacing the housing only the guts

My bad, I didn't pay attention the first time I read. I got whole new arms under warranty so I didn't have to deal with this when mine when bad. Maxcare ftw. lol