PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tracked a Gen V Viper at Laguna Seca?

VENOM V
10-29-2013, 11:33 AM
Mazda Laguna Seca Raceway has a sound meter on the track that ensures cars are under 90 dB. They've always had a limited number of higher sound track days, such as 105 dB.

News flash - I've hear that beginning in 2014, all track days with be 90 dB! Most stock cars pass this, but I'm doubtful the Gen V Viper will, especially with it's side pipes.

Has anyone tracked a Gen V at Laguna Seca, and do they know if it exceeds 90 dB?

Thanks!

VENOM V
10-29-2013, 04:41 PM
Alright I'm signed up! Got the day off.

JonB ~ PartsRack
10-29-2013, 04:51 PM
Mazda Laguna Seca Raceway has a sound meter on the track that ensures cars are under 90 dB. They've always had a limited number of higher sound track days, such as 105 dB.

News flash - I've hear that beginning in 2014, all track days with be 90 dB! Most stock cars pass this, but I'm doubtful the Gen V Viper will, especially with it's side pipes.

Has anyone tracked a Gen V at Laguna Seca, and do they know if it exceeds 90 dB?

Thanks!

Randy Pobst!

SRT has been there with OE Mules and would have to pass drive-by sound

VENOM V
10-29-2013, 05:06 PM
Randy Pobst!

SRT has been there with OE Mules and would have to pass drive-by sound

LOL, yes but they've had high dB days there too. I don't know if Motor Trend was held to 90 dB like us mere mortals.

Jack B
11-01-2013, 03:58 PM
One article mentioned backing off at the protected zone.

VENOM V
11-01-2013, 04:29 PM
One article mentioned backing off at the protected zone.

True. Graham Henckel said that if you short shift near the sound meter, you can go wide open throttle. They exceeded the 90 dB with the Viper TA.

FLATOUT
11-01-2013, 04:47 PM
Gotta love California.

Bill Pemberton
11-07-2013, 10:06 AM
Looks like there will tons of folks removing Laguna Seca from their bucket list as pretty likely with side exhaust that Vipers will all exceed that limit - even if by just a little.

ViperSmith
11-07-2013, 10:19 AM
Sad how much CA is ruining everything awesome about it.

VENOM V
11-07-2013, 11:13 AM
So true. I love everything about CA except the politics. Entitlement society, far left city council members. Totally out of whack. We used to be the 5th largest economy in the world, now I believe we're 9th. Still at 9th, you'd think that we'd be able to balance a budget. Nope. Broke. Entitlement societies always are.

Back on topic - Laguna's gonna be a kick. Bushido and I are in, along with a few of my friends. Any one else? My best friend is going to get a chance to be the only other person to drive my car, and that will be at Seca. Not a bad birthday present for him, eh? He's a top notch driver, many years experience including in a Porsche Cup car. It will be fun to get some pointers from him.