PDA

View Full Version : Track Mates Come on in

mackzilla
09-28-2018, 09:58 AM
Copy pasta from my FB post:

Where are my weekend warriors and racers? I have a conundrum. My race car is down for the year and I'm kicking around the idea of running the Viper in TT for the last session of the year. I have tracked my Viper... Either on old, shit tires, in rain or in cold. The car was hardly stressed in cooling and braking as conditions and tires were always the limit. With that said, what's necessary for a reliable and fun weekend? Brake prop valve? Toe links?

Mods and updates:
Roe radiator +180 thermostat (I run cool)
Exhaust and all da bolt ons
510 stroker tuned by Dan 550hp/580tq
Street/track alignment
Billet PS bracket with overflow
10.5 baffled oil pan
R888 rears R888r front tires
Hawk track pads
Fresh fluid in rear, trans, radiator and brakes
New endlinks and u-joints

FrankBarba
09-28-2018, 07:38 PM
Change all of your fluids (if you have not done since last sessions) , get a set of Hoosiers, Replace your Power Steering Fluid, Bleed your Brakes,
do you have a Tow Hook ? You will need one if you run TT. Race seat with 6 point harness. And lots of fun.

SilverACR
09-28-2018, 11:32 PM
Change all of your fluids (if you have not done since last sessions) , get a set of Hoosiers, Replace your Power Steering Fluid, Bleed your Brakes,
do you have a Tow Hook ? You will need one if you run TT. Race seat with 6 point harness. And lots of fun.

If you do the 6 point do a Hans. I raced off-road for years harnessed in without a Hans and after all I have learned since then I’m thanking my lucky stars I’m still alive.

Hoosiers or slicks for sure
Motul 600 or equivalent for brakes and probably clutch if not in there already
Spare pads and tires. (At viper events I have shared to others so us guys are cool. Non viper event guessing can’t/ won’t happen)
Tape/ clearbra (if you like your paint protect it... race car usually you don’t care)
Protect your windshield! Your pics is a G2 and it looks like those have a wind shield procurement issues. I know you can get films that can help with chipping. (One of my bitches about the viper is the durability of the windshield against chipping. Don’t know if it could be better, but Jesus these things chip to hell on the track! End rant)
Make sure your viper is covered on insurance or buy track insurance. (You have a race car and know the risk... are you OK with your viper taking the same risk?)

Have fun!

mackzilla
10-04-2018, 07:53 AM
I can get into TT form with a tow strap, everything else should be up to spec. Def will wear my hans as its good practice for me to gear up. Hell i irace in my basement geared up with a 6 pack.

I cant' afford to throw tirea at the car this moment but I have run r888r at Corvette Museum in the Porsche without issue.

Regarding insurance, if i race HPDE and have an occurence my policy will cover me. As soon as i mount my transponder...nopes.

Thanks for sharing guys.

13COBRA
10-04-2018, 11:00 AM
I can get into TT form with a tow strap, everything else should be up to spec. Def will wear my hans as its good practice for me to gear up. Hell i irace in my basement geared up with a 6 pack.

I cant' afford to throw tirea at the car this moment but I have run r888r at Corvette Museum in the Porsche without issue.

Regarding insurance, if i race HPDE and have an occurence my policy will cover me. As soon as i mount my transponder...nopes.

Thanks for sharing guys.

Who carries your policy that covers you for HPDE?

mackzilla
10-04-2018, 12:10 PM
My friends and I keep him as a secret, close to chest and among other local trackers. Less claims = less chance that coverage gets dropped. If you're seriously inquiring, pm me and I'll give you my agent.

13COBRA
10-04-2018, 12:13 PM
My friends and I keep him as a secret, close to chest and among other local trackers. Less claims = less chance that coverage gets dropped. If you're seriously inquiring, pm me and I'll give you my agent.

Good for you guys. I will leave it a secret unless something changes.

I carry mine under my umbrella policy.

mackzilla
10-04-2018, 12:18 PM
Good for you guys. I will leave it a secret unless something changes.

I carry mine under my umbrella policy.

That could be clever, I hadn't heard of that before. That would only protect you in the event someone caused the accident and either isn't covered by their insurance or lacking the limits, correct?

13COBRA
10-04-2018, 12:49 PM
That could be clever, I hadn't heard of that before. That would only protect you in the event someone caused the accident and either isn't covered by their insurance or lacking the limits, correct?

PM'd.

v10viperbox
10-05-2018, 10:11 AM
OS Giken rear end will help. I

Only thing I have that I really did not think I would like is the sunshield on the leading surfaces. Paint is actually holding up.

ACR Steve
11-07-2018, 08:53 PM
13 Cobra- "I carry mine under my umbrella policy"

You might think you do . However your umbrella is liability only not physical damage on a car . Also your primary coverage excludes physical damage and liability . Umbrella follows form. So that means it excludes it as well