PDA

View Full Version : Comp Coupe Rear Panel Needed P5154243 Rear Panel

RedTanRT/10
09-26-2018, 06:50 PM
Need help, does anyone have the Rear Panel, PN P5154243

Tom Francis doesn't have it and said will take a few week to produce one.

A nice Used one will work

Heading to the track next weekend.

Pay cash and/or have Tom ship a new panel to you.

thanks!! Mike

please email me at; mikepbuckingham@gmail.com

Mike34622

steve911
09-27-2018, 09:42 AM
Call Cory at Viper Parts USA 608 849-9878. He probably has one. Run your proposal by him.

Good Luck!

RedTanRT/10
09-27-2018, 10:54 AM
thanks Steve!!!

Redsled
09-29-2018, 12:09 AM
Mike. Explain...

RedTanRT/10
09-29-2018, 10:52 AM
Mike. Explain...

Hey Jonathan, really sucked!!!

Was at BW last weekend but forgot to reach out. All new motor from Dan and Kevin, plus new clutch pack, sticker A-7's, etc., etc. Nice to just grab from Dan Friday and do zero prep work, just add gas and check tire pressures.

1st session got out a couple of laps late, ran maybe 3-4 laps in some traffic. Motor felt good, I felt a little rusty. Shocked I did a 1:58 just kind of putting around.

2nd session grid near the back with Ben and Ken (green G2 race car). MISTAKE, I should have grid'd by times, maybe 5th-6th?

Run the first lap under yellow, 2nd lap started to get fast, passed a few cars then had open track starting from the esses with an S-2000 behind me. Next I'm on fire on the front straight, make the left turn and I can see by the "off ramp" a boxster and a few other cars are up ahead. Fly into the off ramp, rotate my car, the boxster is on the left and I hammer down towards Cotton Corners with a very clean pass of the boxster.

Going pretty fast and I hammer the brake and downshift for the corner. Next thing, I feel Bam, look in the mirror and its the guys in the boxster. I'm like what the F!!!!! Can't believe it, in that split second I thought maybe the Honda guy or someone else had passed him late and had to jump in, but no, it was this asshole in the boxster.

As I go through the turns there and up the hill I can hear something rubbing so I take it kind of slow and come all around the track and pull off. Diffuser is loose and I can also see that my CF belly pan is also tweaked. Needless to say I had to load up and go home. Met with Aaron from SV, he told the guy it was his fault, on probation, etc. He and I then took it off-line, hoping he'll pay me. I've never been involved in car to car contact and don't know of any one of my friends either, outside of a real race.

Here's a few more pics once my buddy Steve started tearing it down. Hoping to get it "patched" up and be at Willow next weekend. Wish you had your car, we have probably 7-8 vipers going to the West coast event. Looking forward to opening up the motor there. Take care and feel free to reach out by phone.

catwood
09-30-2018, 09:28 PM
Holy shit! that is a major bummer.

RedTanRT/10
10-01-2018, 12:01 AM
Yeah Carl, can’t believe it!! Hoping to get the underside patched up and see you guys next weekend at Willow

Mbccenter
10-04-2018, 07:30 AM
I think I might have one... What are they worth anyway?

RedTanRT/10
10-04-2018, 08:48 AM
MB, thanks!

Prob easier to trade notes via PM, thanks!! PM sent. Mike