PDA

View Full Version : Hey, any Ferrari guys?

JPL
02-20-2014, 07:02 PM
If I can ask, tell me what you know about the 360, good years, bad years, issues, and anything in between........
Thanks!
J

Newport Viper
02-20-2014, 07:09 PM
http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/

KRATEDISEASE
02-20-2014, 09:59 PM
Big money :t0152: drain, worse than an unreliable boat.

KRATEDISEASE
02-20-2014, 10:00 PM
If I can ask, tell me what you know about the 360, good years, bad years, issues, and anything in between........
Thanks!
J

What you need to know is that you should buy a Viper instead because EVERY year of the 360 sucked. PERIOD

72hemi
02-20-2014, 10:11 PM
Buy the 430 instead, cheaper maintenance, higher performance, better than the 360 in every way. I have been thinking about buying a Ferrari and narrowed it down to the 360 and 430 and after researching I came to the conclusion the 430 was worth the extra money.

FLATOUT
02-20-2014, 10:43 PM
If any of you are looking for a 360 my neighbor has an incredible example for sale. Very low mile car, one owner since new, and in absolute perfect shape. Car is red with tan interior and is a vert.

Andy

Late Apex
02-21-2014, 05:35 AM
There are numerous 360s out there for sale and the values seem to have dropped quite a bit. They are kind of old school compared to other models out there now with considerable improvements. As in any Ferrari the big cost is after you buy one just to maintain it.

JPL
02-21-2014, 06:20 AM
What you need to know is that you should buy a Viper instead because EVERY year of the 360 sucked. PERIOD

Have one, '94.

- - - Updated - - -

Buy the 430 instead, cheaper maintenance, higher performance, better than the 360 in every way. I have been thinking about buying a Ferrari and narrowed it down to the 360 and 430 and after researching I came to the conclusion the 430 was worth the extra money.

I agree, but the 430's are almost double the 360 price........

FLATOUT
02-21-2014, 06:28 AM
Quick shot of the neighbors car before we detailed it. I'll get you some details.

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n133/ZOSICK/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpse78a6380.jpg (http://s111.photobucket.com/user/ZOSICK/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpse78a6380.jpg.html)

sailquik
02-21-2014, 12:22 PM
I had one. When I sold it, I did the math and it cost me about $5k a year to run, $20k/yr including depreciation.

Ferraris depreciate badly if you put miles on them and the only way to not lose that game is to be one of the dealer's special customers that buy a new one, drive it for 1k miles and trade it in for a new one every year. Since they don't have a lot of production, one year old models with extremely low miles sell for new car money. But if you keep it for five or six years like I did, and put 10-15k miles on it (3k miles per year), you will take the steepest part of the depreciation curve.

360 spiders can be had now for 70-80k, so I don't think they will go much lower, maybe 10-20 more, so you wouldn't have to worry too much about that any more.

However, my local dealer charged $1200 for an oil and filter change and belt services were $5000 and required whether or not you reached the mileage where they would be needed. If you don't do all those services, your car's value plummets.

My evaporator went and replacing it was quoted at $10,000. Even with a good evaporator, the ac is not the strongest. Each vent felt like it had an Italian mouse blowing across an ice cube on the inside.

The straw that broke the camel's back and made me sell it is that I was getting CEL lights every other week and the service department kept changing parts and could not figure it out. Costing me $$ each time.

The car was beautiful and ran strong, but could surprise you if you were not careful, even with ASC on.

I've never owned a car that sounded so good. The sound coming from that engine is amazing.

If you really want a Ferrari, I would get a nice 308QV GTS or 328GTS with a full service history. You don't need computers to fix 'em and there's lots of people who can work on them properly.

JPL
02-21-2014, 01:13 PM
I had one. When I sold it, I did the math and it cost me about $5k a year to run, $20k/yr including depreciation.

Ferraris depreciate badly if you put miles on them and the only way to not lose that game is to be one of the dealer's special customers that buy a new one, drive it for 1k miles and trade it in for a new one every year. Since they don't have a lot of production, one year old models with extremely low miles sell for new car money. But if you keep it for five or six years like I did, and put 10-15k miles on it (3k miles per year), you will take the steepest part of the depreciation curve.

360 spiders can be had now for 70-80k, so I don't think they will go much lower, maybe 10-20 more, so you wouldn't have to worry too much about that any more.

However, my local dealer charged $1200 for an oil and filter change and belt services were $5000 and required whether or not you reached the mileage where they would be needed. If you don't do all those services, your car's value plummets.

My evaporator went and replacing it was quoted at $10,000. Even with a good evaporator, the ac is not the strongest. Each vent felt like it had an Italian mouse blowing across an ice cube on the inside.

The straw that broke the camel's back and made me sell it is that I was getting CEL lights every other week and the service department kept changing parts and could not figure it out. Costing me $$ each time.

The car was beautiful and ran strong, but could surprise you if you were not careful, even with ASC on.

I've never owned a car that sounded so good. The sound coming from that engine is amazing.

If you really want a Ferrari, I would get a nice 308QV GTS or 328GTS with a full service history. You don't need computers to fix 'em and there's lots of people who can work on them properly.

That's what I'm afraid of, but couldn't some of that work have been somewhere other than a Ferrari dealer? I put that into the equation, I have 3 great & competent mechanics within 40 minutes of me.......wow 1200.00 for an oil change......

Policy Limits
02-21-2014, 07:50 PM
I would go for a 430 over a 360 but wouldn't own one without a CPO warranty

Drummerviper
02-21-2014, 08:18 PM
I have a 458 which has been extremely reliable . Much different than the old days.

big-n-italian
02-21-2014, 09:41 PM

thank you very much for the write up. how do you feel about testerossas?

sailquik
02-25-2014, 09:26 AM
thank you very much for the write up. how do you feel about testerossas?

Other than a good friend owning one and riding in it at the track a few times, I don't know much about them. Maintenance wise, I understand that they are costlier to maintain than V8s of the same era. It is my understanding that belt changes require the engine to come out, which is not the case on V8s. Definitely cheaper than modern cars though, unless you buy a car from someone that deferred maintenance - which is why maintenance history is SO important on these cars.

Like someone else posted, a quick search on ferrarichat.com will get you more than enough information on ANY Ferrari question you could have.

Qualitywires.com
03-02-2014, 09:01 AM
Biggie! Remember me? ha! ab here. I own a Ferrari 512TR. You want to see what I did?

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/boxers-tr-m/172024-official-make-over-thread-my-512tr-many-pics.html

I love the Ferrari 512TR but want to sell it I think. Beautiful car and the sound of the flat 12 cylinders but just like other Ferraris they can be expensive to work on. I do my own majors and other stuff, but Viper hands down you will drive more and have more fun in.

Qualitywires.com
03-02-2014, 09:09 AM
On another note the 360 are fun cars to drive and there are many of them out there. Soo price will fall like the Lamborghini Gallardo. The timing belt can be changed with the engine in the car. Parts $ for the Ferrari is just stupid. If you do your homework, you will find Ferrari and Lambos use other manufacture's parts. As an example, my Ferrari 512TR has the ford logo on injector harness. I had one injector go out and guess what Ferrari wanted crazy money so I tried out a ford mustang injector and it works great! Just knowing what you are getting into is very important. Buying the car is not the big deal it's when something goes wrong.