PDA

View Full Version : IN KY VOA Meeting at Putnam Park Road Course Sat September 8 2018 at NOON EDT

Steve-Indy
09-01-2018, 11:35 AM
IN/KY VOA...Meeting at Putnam Park Road Course Sat. September 8, 2018 at NOON EDT...

Address:

Park Road Course
5251 S. County Road 550 E.
Mount Meridian, IN 46135

http://putnampark.com/

NOTE: On the day we are meeting at Putnam Park, there IS an event taking place (all weekend). The Kentucky Region of the Porsche Club of America will be using the track. When you are asked to sign the liability waiver, just write "visitor" after your name and signature. We will assemble in Rick Smith's private garage E6 for our NOON meeting (hopefully a brief meeting). We can purchase lunch on our own at the snack bar near the tower. As always, there will be some great cars to see as well as friends to visit. I would recommend parking in a group at the WEST end of the E6 garage. REMEMBER, there is NO track time planned on this visit.

DIRECTIONS:

Putnam Park is located about 30 miles WEST of the I-465 Beltway that encircles INDY. Take I-70 WEST to Exit 41 ( Greencastle/Cloverdale exit) then go NORTH (toward Greencastle) on US 231 to US 40 (about 5 miles)...then go EAST on US 40 about 3.5 miles to Mt. Meridian...then turn SOUTH on County Rd. 550 East and follow this for about 1.5 miles to PUTNAM PARK ROAD COURSE.

Questions??? Call me.

Steve Fess, Membership Coordinator, VOA IN/KY Region, Inc. 317-402-9013

Steve-Indy
09-06-2018, 04:48 PM
IN/KY VOA...REMINDER:Mtg at Putnam Park Road Course Sat. Sept. 8, 2018 at NOON EDT...CONVOY INFO

Address:

Putnam Park Road Course
5251 S. County Road 550 E.
Mount Meridian, IN 46135

http://putnampark.com/

NOTE: On the day we are meeting at Putnam Park Road Course (PPRC), there IS an event taking place (all weekend). The Kentucky Region of the Porsche Club of America will be using the track. When you are asked to sign the liability waiver, just write "visitor" after your name and signature. We will assemble in Rick Smith's private garage E6 for our NOON meeting (hopefully a brief meeting). We can purchase lunch on our own at the snack bar near the tower. As always, there will be some great cars to see as well as friends to visit. I would recommend parking in a group at the WEST end of the E6 garage. REMEMBER, there is NO track time planned on this visit.

DIRECTIONS:

Putnam Park is located about 30 miles WEST of the I-465 Beltway that encircles INDY. Take I-70 WEST to Exit 41 ( Greencastle/Cloverdale exit) then go NORTH (toward Greencastle) on US 231 to US 40 (about 5 miles)...then go EAST on US 40 about 3.5 miles to Mt. Meridian...then turn SOUTH on County Rd. 550 East and follow this for about 1.5 miles to PUTNAM PARK ROAD COURSE.

INDY CONVOY will depart from Champion CJDR at 10:30 AM EDT...FUEL BEFORE you arrive at Champion. Champion's address is 4505 WEST 96th St., Indy 46268

LOUISVILLE CONVOY being planned. Call ME if you wish to join.

YES...it will likely rain Saturday.

Questions??? Call me.

Steve Fess, Membership Coordinator, VOA IN/KY Region, Inc. 317-402-9013

P.S. For those of you who have not been to PPRC...AND if you rely on your GPS for guidance...BE SURE to enter the correct address as shown above. Over the years, dozens of folks relying on GPS were directed to Putnamville's Lincoln Park Speedway. which is several miles West of Mt. Meridian on US 40.

Steve-Indy
09-08-2018, 06:35 AM
"YES...it will likely rain Saturday"

More accurately, I would now say...Monsoon !!

Beware of standing or running water on roads !!!

Steve-Indy
09-08-2018, 05:11 PM
Rain, rain, rain. The KY PCA had a good turnout today...and, they did a lot of running. While today offered a great opportunity to adapt to a ton of rain, I was sad to see that this Monsoon hit on their weekend.

Hats to to the Viper Members who made the "meeting" today. Special thanks to Rick for hosting us in his dry garage. NICE RIDES, Rick !!

Side note: The snack bar served great burgers and pulled pork sandwiches today...and they were much appreciated.

Ludington1
09-09-2018, 04:34 PM
Sorry I missed this event!

SmoknTires
09-21-2018, 10:31 AM
Sorry for the rain. This was one of my favorite tracks, some great memories there!