PDA

View Full Version : Modded my ACR...

Hurley
02-19-2014, 04:18 PM
Well I bought my ACR a couple of months ago and it made some crazy power bone stock. When it was bone stock it put down 570-574whp/532-537wtq (did lots of pulls). I was blown away at the power it laid down stock and after talking to several friends in the Viper community it seems this is one of the higher HP stock GEN4's around. So I decided it was time to mod the car and honestly did not know what to expect. I was not sure how much HP I would gain due to the fact it made so much power stock. Here is what I decided to do:

-K&N air filter inside stock air box.
-Fully ported intake manifold.
-NGK spark plugs (one degree colder than stock).
-Removed all 4 factory cats, replaced with custom straight pipe.
-Mopar Race PCM.

Unfortunately I was in the hospital when the car actually went on the dyno and was not able to see the pulls, but my builder/tuner called me while on the dyno and I do have the print out sheets waiting for me at the shop. Now the good news! The car made awesome power IMO.

New numbers: 604whp/558wtq on straight pump gas (93).

I could not believe the car made this kind of power with out Headers/after market exhaust. I have not had a lot of seat time yet, but it does feel a lot different and one quick hit it felt really strong. I can't wait to get some seat time and get the car to the 1/4 soon! Fasterproms (Jeremy Formato) did all the work on the car. He and his shop have done all of my cars over the past 5+ years, they are out of Tampa, FL. Also this was on the same dyno that we used when the car was stock, and same dyno I've been using for 5 years.

http://i62.tinypic.com/mjp9cp.jpg

-Matt

ACRucrazy
02-19-2014, 04:21 PM
Good numbers, sweet ACR! Looks lowered?

Hurley
02-19-2014, 04:24 PM
Good numbers, sweet ACR! Looks lowered?

Yes :D first thing I did is slam it!

Leslie
02-19-2014, 04:35 PM
beautiful Viper!

99RT10
02-19-2014, 04:43 PM
Excellent numbers!!!!! :dancingman::dancingman:

Bill Pemberton
02-19-2014, 05:06 PM
How far did you lower it Matt? One issue we often encounter is shops who are not acquainted with ACRs drop them too low and before you now it you start rubbing through the inner fender liner.
You do not want to know the replacement cost , as it is bad enough to require a second mortgage on your house -- ok , exaggerating, but common issue , so wondering how far down you put her?

Often shows up after track use --- braking compression, bumps, g forces, etc.

slowhatch
02-20-2014, 09:36 AM
I love that color scheme, looks so mean. Great numbers too, must be a rocket ship.

Hurley
02-20-2014, 10:14 AM
beautiful Viper!

Thanks!

Excellent numbers!!!!! :dancingman::dancingman:

Thanks!

How far did you lower it Matt? One issue we often encounter is shops who are not acquainted with ACRs drop them too low and before you now it you start rubbing through the inner fender liner.
You do not want to know the replacement cost , as it is bad enough to require a second mortgage on your house -- ok , exaggerating, but common issue , so wondering how far down you put her?

Often shows up after track use --- braking compression, bumps, g forces, etc.

Front is all the way down, back is almost all the way down. No issues at all. :D

I love that color scheme, looks so mean. Great numbers too, must be a rocket ship.

Thanks man! It runs awesome, cant wait to get it down the 1/4.

98intrigue
02-21-2014, 05:46 AM
Awesome! This makes me even more excited to follow your footsteps and take my car to Jeremy. As soon as it's out of the body shop, it will be at Fasterproms.

GBS
02-21-2014, 06:10 AM
Love your car and the black and red color combo. I've been thinking about lower my 02 ACR some more. I love the look but it makes it harder to deal with all the speed bumps and steep driveways around town.

ACR Steve
02-21-2014, 02:01 PM
Post the graph if they gave it to love to see the curve for hp/ tq

Hurley
02-21-2014, 02:32 PM
Awesome! This makes me even more excited to follow your footsteps and take my car to Jeremy. As soon as it's out of the body shop, it will be at Fasterproms.

Badass, hands down the best shop/tuner I've ever used. Been using them going on 6 years. Why is it in the body shop?

Love your car and the black and red color combo. I've been thinking about lower my 02 ACR some more. I love the look but it makes it harder to deal with all the speed bumps and steep driveways around town.

It does for sure, I just drive carefully.

Post the graph if they gave it to love to see the curve for hp/ tq

Will do, they have one at the shop they just forgot to put it in the car.