PDA

View Full Version : Help needed

dalton202
08-16-2018, 07:13 PM
I have an 08 SRT. Belanger headers, Magnaflow cats and exhaust. Last couple of months throttle has been sticking slightly. I let off the gas and it takes around 1/2 to 1 second before the engine starts idling down. Cleaned the throttle bodies, which were oily but not dirty, no change. Added a catch can to hopefully eliminate the oil. No CEL's. Had to disconnect the battery in order to hard wire a battery tender. When I hooked the power back up I got the following codes: P0131 O2 sensor low voltage bank 1 sensor 1, P0151 O2 sensor low voltage bank 2 sensor 1, and P2610 ECM/PCM Internal Eng Off Timer Perf. All 3 were cleared with my Bosch scanner. When I started the car the first time, it ran very rough with a lot of hesitation when the throttle was pushed and major backfiring when off the throttle. No CEL's. Drove it a couple more times, same issue. Replaced the spark plugs and wires, no change. Have new O2 sensors ordered but not sure if that will help due to not getting new faults. Stock PCM if that matters. Any ideas before I take it to the dealer?

Steve-Indy
08-16-2018, 08:13 PM
Your description sounds like another Gen IV I heard about 2 days ago...more or less.

My first GUESS at such times is to pin in on the headers...damaging O2 sensor wires.

Truthfully, if you have a dealer nearby, hooking your Viper to their wiTECH 2.0 system may save you a lot of grief.

Steve M
08-16-2018, 10:13 PM
As Steve suggested, you might take a good close look at the wires going to your O2 sensors...if they aren't well protected from the heat, you can have problems.

One random idea: how tight do you have your hose clamps on the throttle bodies? They are plastic, so if you go too tight (especially with an aftermarket t-bolt clamp), you can potentially cause enough deformation that it can cause the blade to stick. Highly unlikely that it is the source of your problems, but you never know.