PDA

View Full Version : Where to get Viper serviced in Seattle area?

point5
02-18-2014, 01:58 AM
I live in a condo so I can't work on my car myself. I just purchased my Viper and as it is a 2005 with only 10k miles, I suspect it has mostly original fluids in it and that they need to be changed (engine, diff, brakes, etc). Heck it still has the run flats. It also has a bit of a squeaky noise when I turn it off that I want to get fixed. Any suggestions for shops with experience working on Vipers near downtown Seattle?

Thanks!

Rand1993
02-18-2014, 07:55 AM
Maybe SEAsnake can refer you to someone. He is the President of the WA club and I think he lives in the Seattle area. I sent him a PM about your inquiry. I live in the Tri-Cities, so I don't know the Seattle service situation.

SEASnake
02-27-2014, 11:23 PM
I do all of my own work on the car (so far...) There aren't any real "Viper Techs" in the area, even if a dealership tells you that they have one - they don't. If you have a trusted mechanic for other cars, I'd suggest continuing to go there. It's just a push-rod V8 with a couple extra cylinders after all. I live in Sammamish and work in South Lake Union. I have a 2004 with over 40K and have not ever heard of a "squeaky noise after turning it off", though I've had most every other problem common to the gen 3.

regularsavings
03-03-2014, 04:21 PM
For general repair, Carburetor Connection in Kirkland is the best place I've found. They are expensive (I believe shop rates are $125/hr) but have always done a good job for me. I frequently see other vipers there.

point5
03-05-2014, 01:24 PM
Thanks guys, I have been to carb connection a few times for various reasons so maybe ill do that. Does anyone have any experience with http://www.cantrellmotorsport.com/ ?

Getnlwr
03-05-2014, 05:46 PM
I have used the Dodge dealer in Everett, and will not go back. EVER.

Rairdon is Arlington isn't bad, but can take some time. The guy there is knowledgeable but doesn't get to work on many vipers so he's a little rusty. I think the only one he see's is mine. I am planning on having him do my springs or caps when the time comes. He had a nightmare of a time with the MOPAR PCM for my Gen4. Heck, Woodhouse and a few other well meaning people had a hard time with it. Not really something I can hold against the tech. The work you're asking about; he can do with out an issue.

regularsavings
03-06-2014, 05:26 PM
Thanks guys, I have been to carb connection a few times for various reasons so maybe ill do that. Does anyone have any experience with http://www.cantrellmotorsport.com/ ?

Yes, I took my viper to Cantrell's last year to diagnose an issue with the radiator fan not working. After spending a while on the car and not fixing the issue, they told me they were not very experienced with vipers and I would be better served taking it to Carb Connection. That turned out to be true.

Vprbite
03-06-2014, 10:24 PM
Isn't JonB the guy to talk to about this? I thought he knew everybody in the area.

SEASnake
03-07-2014, 12:17 AM
Cantrell is highly regarded in the Ferrari/Lambo/Porsche circles, but that doesn't necessarily translate to Vipers. We're so low-tech, sometime we have to resort to tracking down the problem ourselves, instead of relying on the OBD2 to figure it out for us.

JonB is a great resource for Viper info, but not for Seattle area mechanics. If he were any closer to Oregon (Washougal, WA), he'd be floating in the Columbia River :) There's actually a great Viper mechanic in Portland, but for a fluid change it's overkill.

mdpalmer
12-12-2015, 10:00 PM
Hey all, I know this thread is over a year old... I'm new here. In the Seattle area. I am looking to pick up a Gen II GTS when I can find one which suits my requirements. Only worry I have is who to trust working on the car. I used to do most all of my own wrenching, but can't do it ATM.

The other issue I have is who is capable of performing the "998" or "999" recalls on the earlier Gen II's if it has not been done already. I have come across a car which does not have the mod done... not sure if I should just avoid the car or pick it up and deal with the recall issue later (assuming the rest of the car checks out).

Thanks in advance.