PDA

View Full Version : Comp Coupe Buttonwillow

Exhlr8n
07-08-2018, 03:32 PM
Made it back to Buttonwillow:

Got the rear suspension working much better now. Installed all new differential bushings and hardware. Cleaned and greased the bearings of the rear sway bar blades. Put on "New", grease-able sway bar mounts, bushings, end links with heat shields, and all hardware. Everything seems nice and tight now. Stuck pretty good, never really pushed it hard though, the day got cut short with a tranny issue. Fortunately I have a new T-56 as back up. Special thanks to Ross Murray, and the guys from Complete Performance Motorsports, Jeff Stout and Victor C. All were awesome in helping me out..! Can't wait to get her back to the track.

A little fun at BW, The pack was almost 1/2 the track ahead of me, but the Snake chased-em down. lol

https://youtu.be/RsafoHM_gX0

RedTanRT/10
07-08-2018, 07:06 PM
Tom,

Glad you got all the suspension sorted out. Sorry to hear you have a trans issue, don't you have an EMCO? (not a t-56)?

Hope you're all set for next week at Laguna

Exhlr8n
07-09-2018, 08:10 AM
Hi Mike,

Yes it has an EMCO in it, lost 2nd and 3rd gear engagement. I have a new T-56 from another project, I may try and swap it out. Don't know if I can get it done in time though.

RedTanRT/10
07-09-2018, 10:43 AM
Sorry to heat that Tom. Lance rebuilt his over the winter and can give you some good advise. good luck with the trans swap, thinking you'll need a matching bellhousing and maybe a different driveshaft. Lance and Dan Cragin will know for sure.

Simms
07-09-2018, 02:43 PM
Good to see you enjoying the car.