PDA

View Full Version : advice on Gen 4 Mods

William craun
06-30-2018, 10:13 AM
I am considering purchasing a Gen 4 and the owner has deleted the skip shift and also installed a dodge motorsports computer he says tp make it run better in conjunction with this as wells the new exhaust system. My question is should I be concerned with this new computer installation he calls a minor mod. Thanks

RedTanRT/10
06-30-2018, 11:01 AM
Is it the Mopar Venom ECU (controller)? Its a good upgrade but works best with headers.

It recommends 93 octane, is that available where you live?

Not sure the state you live in, in a number of states that ECU won't pass state emissions.

Make sure he also sells you the stock ECU, so you can swap back if you need to to pass emissions.

I can't find the MOPAR link, but this link from ROE Racing has the entire description and disclosures.

https://www.roeracing.com/product/mopar-performance-pcm-for-08-10-vipers/

13COBRA
06-30-2018, 11:39 AM
+1 to all above.

William craun
06-30-2018, 04:50 PM
Thanks very much for that info And it does have Belanger long tube headers as well as 3:55 gears swapped in for the 3:07

William craun
07-09-2018, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the info. Its is the one that you mentioned. I called roe roeracing and they guy told me it turned the viper into a beast not really intended for street driving. My question is if I put the stock ECU back in, will the car still run adequately? I mean all it has is the Bellanger long tube headers with high flow cats, those cold air intake cones and 3:55 gears. These seem like really mild mods and I wouldn't know why a different ECU would be necessary anyway

RedTanRT/10
07-09-2018, 10:58 PM
William, the Venom ECU is fine for street driving. If they turned it into a beast they'd sell for a lot more than $1200.00

You'll be fine with the stock ECU too, but with the stock ECU and Bellangers, it's when, not if, the CEL (check engine light) will come on

13COBRA
07-10-2018, 06:59 AM
Just leave the Venom ECU in it.